Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2021, 11:04 PM   #41

Yes, a lot of these as BS and benefit only the lawyers involved, but I have a VW Touareg TDI that was repaired under the “diesel gate” fiasco. We received a nice warranty and $8500 between VW and Bosch. You can’t tell the difference and the mileage is about the same. This one appears less lucrative but definitely worth pursuing.
richguess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #42
Owf

Class action settlement

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
Received some paperwork to register for a Gov vs MB lawsuit payout.

Any ideas on what this is or what the "payout " would be?

Isn't worth the effort for $10.00 , but if large enough it might be.

These days its hard to tell what is real, vs just another scam.
I received a letter and forms from Mercedes to bring in my rv and have the changes made to the DEF and then can file for settlement of $3590. or more since I still own my rv. Lessees can get up to $897.50. Lawsuit settled in US District Court in N.J. I would all my local dealer if I were you.
Owf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owf View Post
I received a letter and forms from Mercedes to bring in my rv and have the changes made to the DEF and then can file for settlement of $3590. or more since I still own my rv. Lessees can get up to $897.50. Lawsuit settled in US District Court in N.J. I would all my local dealer if I were you.
I have owned my vehicle since 2016 and have already submitted claim with all paperwork. If I hear anything I will post here. Claim said it could be as high as $3200 depending on how long you had the vehicle. I am in it for the warranty's but would never turn down some cash.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #44

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmay12 View Post
I have owned my vehicle since 2016 and have already submitted claim with all paperwork. If I hear anything I will post here. Claim said it could be as high as $3200 depending on how long you had the vehicle. I am in it for the warranty's but would never turn down some cash.
I have sold mine and do not have a copy of the bill of sale which is required so I have not figured out how to get a copy of the bill of sale when I turned it in on a different motorhome.

Mine had an emissions problem and would have been in the middle of nowhere and of course, the only place I could get it fixed was at an MB dealership. They worked on it for 3 hours and said "I think it is fixed" which I did not like the sound of so I got rid of it. Was a Friday morning with another sitting right behind me with the same problem. They worked on that one for 9 hours. I traded for a GM diesel which I could get fixed anywhere. Mine was 2013.
jjtotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:49 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by richguess View Post
Yes, a lot of these as BS and benefit only the lawyers involved, but I have a VW Touareg TDI that was repaired under the “diesel gate” fiasco. We received a nice warranty and $8500 between VW and Bosch. You can’t tell the difference and the mileage is about the same. This one appears less lucrative but definitely worth pursuing.
Wow, nice payout, I always thought the dieselgate story was much ado about nothing. VW makes some of the best diesels on earth. I had a serious car crush on those diesel Touregs when they first came out, but were out of my price range.
browser5031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:15 PM   #46

Quote:
Hi mlmay,
Curious if you have checked your mpg after getting the work done and if it changed at all? Got my paperwork a couple of weeks ago but was on a trip. Looking at it now. Just called the local MBZ dealer and scheduled the service for next Wed. Thanks...

Thanks for the heads up all...

Has anyone heard anything further on another outstanding recall for rear wheel speed sensors? Sounds like the parts are still not yet available?
Old 04-17-2021, 07:43 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneum525 View Post
Hi mlmay,
Curious if you have checked your mpg after getting the work done and if it changed at all? Got my paperwork a couple of weeks ago but was on a trip. Looking at it now. Just called the local MBZ dealer and scheduled the service for next Wed. Thanks...

Thanks for the heads up all...

Has anyone heard anything further on another outstanding recall for rear wheel speed sensors? Sounds like the parts are still not yet available?
Unknown about mileage as I it was only 40 miles home from the dealer. I seemed to run fine but I think the new software causes my UltraGauge Blue to not connect. Still working with UltraGauge to see if they have a fix but I doubt it.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
Old 04-18-2021, 12:32 AM   #48

Quote:
Unknown about mileage as I it was only 40 miles home from the dealer. I seemed to run fine but I think the new software causes my UltraGauge Blue to not connect. Still working with UltraGauge to see if they have a fix but I doubt it.
Thanks. Wasn't familiar with UltraGuage Blue so had to look it up. Keep us posted if you would on any updates...
Old 04-22-2021, 06:40 PM   #49

Got my Emission recall work done yesterday at my local MBZ dealer. 3-1/2 hours start to finish. Submitted my claim online today. FYI. When you scan your required documentation, use a lower resolution as all of the attachments combined must be 5 MB or less.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:17 PM   #50

Did they require bill of sale from owner/dealer?

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:11 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpa View Post
Did they require bill of sale from owner/dealer?
Yes. Or title. Something to prove you own or are leasing the vehicle.

Also needed are copies of the following:
- Drivers License
- Vehicle Registration to show you had it registered at time work performed
- Work order/invoice to prove recall was performed by dealer
- Signed Individual Release
jneum525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:31 PM   #52

Not bad effort for the possible return.

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:56 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpa View Post
Not bad effort for the possible return.

Definitely, however as mlmay indicated, it’s already a win with all the items that will be covered under an extended warranty as a result of the recall. The very real prospect Of getting a monetary settlement in addition to that is just an added bonus.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:00 AM   #54

See attached list of all of the items covered under the extended warranty, once the Emission recall has been performed.

Extension covers items for 10 Years/120,000 miles from date of purchase or 4 Years/48,000 from date of installation. Whichever period is greater. Additionally, some specific items have an additional 6mo/6,000 or 12mo/12,000 miles on top of that.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:25 PM   #55

Outstanding info here, thanks all.

Had my modifications performed this past Friday and all went well.

Was debating sending in the form (kinda thought it was a scam) but appears to be the real deal, so hopefully we end up with some fuel and fun money!
Old 04-30-2021, 07:46 PM   #56

Has anyone submitted the paperwork and got paid?
Old 04-30-2021, 08:11 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
I don't believe there will be any payouts until after the deadline for filing, which i think is October. Typically the payouts per person are based on the number of people who join the class action. The more who join, the smaller the per person payout.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:14 PM   #58

Quote:

I submitted paperwork online as mentioned in post #49 above. Not expecting to hear anything any earlier than mid July as that is when the hearing is and that is also the deadline for former owners to submit a claim.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:10 PM   #59

Quote:
I had the Recall done April 1st and submitted a couple days later. As stated I think it will be a while. I will post if I hear anything at all.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
Old 04-30-2021, 10:37 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneum525 View Post
See attached list of all of the items covered under the extended warranty, once the Emission recall has been performed.

Extension covers items for 10 Years/120,000 miles from date of purchase or 4 Years/48,000 from date of installation. Whichever period is greater. Additionally, some specific items have an additional 6mo/6,000 or 12mo/12,000 miles on top of that.
All things considered, this warranty extension alone is quite valuable. The list of what is covered includes a lot of expensive items.

Lest anyone say “they should do this because of the problems” or “they legally had to” I’m not arguing that. I’m just saying this warranty extension is a nice and valuable thing to have in our files for these complex emission systems.
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote