Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2020, 08:12 PM   #1
oreddie

Stabilizer Alarm

We're still hunkered down in central Oregon but couldn't resist a trip to our daughter's ranch 30 minutes away to help with chores.

When I got ready to leave I fully raised the rear stabilizers on my 2017 2401WS MBS but when I started the engine, the warning tone for extended stabilizers sounded.

I extended and retracted several times to no avail. Rather than listen to the high pitched tone all the way home I forced the circuit breaker to pop by raising both stabilizers simultaneously and keeping the rocker switches depressed for a few seconds after they were fully retracted.

Does anyone have experience with a similar problem? Would the sensor be a part directly attached to one or both of the stabilizers, perhaps?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
oreddie

Self-Repaired

No responses but I'll leave this up anyway.

After forcing the circuit breaker to pop and returning home I reset the breaker, lowered the stabilizers, checked for an alarm and it worked. I raised the stabilizers, restarted the engine, and no alarm. Has worked as advertised since.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:32 AM   #3

Where did you locate the breaker? Mine stopped working via the switches.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #4
oreddie

Step Well

On my 2017 2401WS there is a black panel secured with two thumb screws in the stepwell on the left as you enter the coach.

I located it when my jacks first failed. There is a warning posted regarding electrical hazards of opening the panel and recommends disconnecting the battery and/or shore power before opening. I didn't as I simply wanted to see what was behind it.

There is a vertical row of mini circuit breakers. One was popped so I reset it and all was well.

If I try to lower both jacks at the same time, or if I lower one and the switch doesn't return to the neutral position on its own before lowering the other, the breaker pops every time.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:39 PM   #5

Thank you, OREddie, I found it and reset the breaker. Now if i can get the One Control to work right I'll be a happy camper.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #6
Retired Wanderer

We have a 2020 Sunseeker on the Mercedes chassis. Driving home from a recent trip the stabilizer alarm started up. I pulled over and checked the stabilizers and both were uptight and snug. Covered the alarm with tape to stop the noise. Any ideas on how to fix this bug?
AJJ1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #7
oreddie

Cycle

As described in my first post, Iwas able to force the breaker to open by holding both rocker switches in the up position after the jacks were retracted. After resetting the breaker the alarm stopped sounding.

The problem recurs from time to time tho. I found that by retracting the jacks and then cycling the driver side jack down and up an inch or so, the alarm would clear. Sometimes simply punching the retract side of rocker switch a few times works too.

Tags
stabilizer