Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2020, 04:33 PM   #1

Stabilizer Jacks

Just got a new 2020 MBS 2400Q Sunseeker and I can’t get the rear stabilizer down with the switch I have the engine running and in park but no go. They go down manually. The dealers three hours away so I called them wanted me to check the fuse but couldn’t tell me where it was. Check battery compartment fuse box by the entry inverter bad under the unit by the step noting. Anyone have any ideas ? Thanks
Bigfoot11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. We have a 2400Q as well and I have to set the Park Brake On for electric rear stabilizers to work. When you say they go down manually what do you mean, hand cranked?
Old 06-06-2020, 09:20 PM   #3

Thanks yes I can hand crank them and I have the parking brake set and the engine on.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:05 AM   #4
Site Team

Try with the Engine off... Unfortunately FR doesn't document the procedure and it isn't always the same between rigs.

I think the fuse for the stabilizers is in the stairwell fuse compartment. I'll check mine in the morning when I pick it up at the dealer.

EDIT: If you manually crank them down does the Alarm sound if you move the gear shift out of Park?
Old 06-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #5

Ok I will try with the engine of a brake on. I checked in the stairwell fuse box couldn’t see one. If yours isn’t there if you don’t mind asking the dealer . Thanks for your help
Old 06-08-2020, 12:28 AM   #6

Our '19 2401WS stabilizer jack's will not work via the switches by the door. They do work using the One Control panel or phone app. The Jack's down indicator is working. Is there a fuse for the switches if so where is it hidden? Help is appreciated.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:35 PM   #7
oreddie

Jacks

On my 2401WS there is a panel on the left wall of the first step entering the coach. The panel cover is secured with two thumbscrews and there is an electrical hazard warning on it.

When my jacks failed to retract and I couldn't find another breaker or fuse I opened that panel and found a vertical row of very small circuit breakers, of a design I'd never seen before.

One small white tab on one of the breakers was sticking out further than the others. When I pushed it in the jacks started working.

I have found that if I try to lower both jacks at the same time or when lowering one at a time I fail to ensure that an individual switch did not return to the neutral position before lowering the second jack, the breaker pops every time.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #8

stabilizer jacks

OREdie thank you. I found that breaker too and pushed in the tab and the Jack's work. Interesting that the panel diagram did not indicate any breaker being. The breaker is in the foot well panel. Look for the little white tab sticking out and push it in to reset the breaker.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:33 PM   #9

Thanks for this post - i have a 2016 MBS 2401W - mine don't go down with the engine ON. ALSO my stabilizers used to go down at the same time and now they go down one at a time - once there is pressure on one the other goes down. I topped up the hydraulic fluid - not much was missing. Have you found anything weird like that?
madraelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by madraelle View Post
ALSO my stabilizers used to go down at the same time and now they go down one at a time - once there is pressure on one the other goes down. ... Have you found anything weird like that?
That's actually pretty normal. They only go down together if all the hydraulic lines, etc., are perfectly matched. If there's even a minor difference the fluid is going to take the easier path.

Dave

Tags
jacks, stabilizer