Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #1

Stabilizer Jacks malfunction 2401w mbs

At our campground, lowered the stabilizer jacks for our 2016 Forester MBS 2401w. First jack went down fine. Second jack went down but died about 1 inch from the ground. Could not move either jack up or down after that.

Mechanic from the campground disconnected the hydrolic lines and used a crowbar to lift both jacks then reconnected the hydrolic lines. Could not figure out any other way to do it.

What should have been done. I will get it to a dealer but still have a week and a half on our trip.
marckese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Not know your exact system this is general advice. First I would check the level of hydraulic fluid sounds like low fluid to me. A good share of hydraulic system have release valves for releasing pressure to retract jacks and not allowing air into the system. Check your paperwork and see if there isn't a manual for your system good luck let the forum know what you find.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #3

Hard to say what the problem was without more information. One major question is whether the hydraulic pump continued to run. If the pump stopped then there's likely an electrical issue - check fuses, etc. If the pump continued to run, but the legs wouldn't move than that sounds like some sort of hydraulic issue.

Let us know what you find out!

Dave
Old 09-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #4

It sounds like a low fluid issue in the system. MOST, but not ALL, stabilizer jack systems on the MB/Forest River platform use automatic transmission fluid as the hydraulic medium. Yes, fluid will leak out or, even more likely, the system may not have been fully filled at the factory due to air being in the lines.
Since the jacks have now been operated, thereby purging the air from the lines, you can now visually check the fluid level in the plastic reservoir tank by getting underneath your rig. Review the manual supplied with your RV or google the manual for your product. You will probably have to remove a small metal protective cover over the reservoir to service the unit, but it is no big deal.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
oreddie

Circuit Breaker Checked?

I've had my jacks fail to extend/retract a couple times because of a tripped circuit breaker. The breaker is behind a panel in the stepwell, left side as you enter.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #6

Same issue but mine still work from touch screen. Dealer had to order a new control board to use the rocker switches by the door.
Hammerhounds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, stabilizer