Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2020, 06:32 AM   #1

Surprises in our 2021 Forester MBS 2401B

Hi All, A newbie here that just took delivery on our 2021 2401B. Some of the surprises/questions that you might be interested in or have some experience with:

1) Came with Firefly instead of OneControl: I think this might be a good thing given what I've read, but it doesn't seem that the optional module is installed so that I can get access on my phone.
2) I was expecting "stabilizers" but it seems I got a full 4-point leveling system? I wasn't sure what to expect with the stabilizers, but I guess this is a good surprise?
3) I was pleasantly surprised with the Mercedes safety features. Adaptive Cruise Control is fantastic on the highway, assistive braking, etc. I wasn't sure which of these "optional" features was going to be included.
4) I'm working through activation of Mercedes Me/Pro (actually have to visit a dealership to activate it). I haven't gotten to the point of what's it going to cost me - does anyone have any experience with it? The idea of having 4G LTE wifi for the coach is attractive, but at what cost?
5) In order to change the placement of the refrig shelves, I have to remove the door as it doesn't open all the way past the bed. Am I missing something, or just a bad design by FR?

Sorry for the long post. Maybe this should have been 5 posts. As a newbie, please (gently) let me know proper posting rules and etiquette. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:35 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiver View Post
Hi All, A newbie here that just took delivery on our 2021 2401B. Some of the surprises/questions that you might be interested in or have some experience with:

1) Came with Firefly instead of OneControl: I think this might be a good thing given what I've read, but it doesn't seem that the optional module is installed so that I can get access on my phone.
2) I was expecting "stabilizers" but it seems I got a full 4-point leveling system? I wasn't sure what to expect with the stabilizers, but I guess this is a good surprise?
3) I was pleasantly surprised with the Mercedes safety features. Adaptive Cruise Control is fantastic on the highway, assistive braking, etc. I wasn't sure which of these "optional" features was going to be included.
4) I'm working through activation of Mercedes Me/Pro (actually have to visit a dealership to activate it). I haven't gotten to the point of what's it going to cost me - does anyone have any experience with it? The idea of having 4G LTE wifi for the coach is attractive, but at what cost?
5) In order to change the placement of the refrig shelves, I have to remove the door as it doesn't open all the way past the bed. Am I missing something, or just a bad design by FR?

Sorry for the long post. Maybe this should have been 5 posts. As a newbie, please (gently) let me know proper posting rules and etiquette. Thanks for your feedback!
MooseRiver,

We would be happy to assist you with questions about your new Forester. Please contact Kary Katzenberger in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...88660687874263.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:49 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiver View Post

1. We have been using Firefly at Dynamax for some time now. We have had outstanding support, service and reliability so we had suggested they try it on some of their models. I didn't think that the app control was optional but standard. I could be wrong on that though...you have downloaded the "Mira Vega Touch" app? Also try to pair within the app and also with your normal Bluetooth settings in the phone.

3. We have all gone to the same chassis specs so that we can share across divisions if need be...we have been thrilled with the new Mercedes changes. I learn something cool every day.

5. Can you lift the mattress up to buy yourself a little room?

No apologies needed on the length, this one was pretty short and promarily positive. We like those

All of them in one is just fine, so that they can all be addressed in one post (as sometimes solutions might overlap.). Consider it one-stop shopping for answers.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
5. Can you lift the mattress up to buy yourself a little room?
Thanks for the quick response! The refrigerator door is hitting up against the bed platform, so I’ll just try popping off the door; it only 2 bolts at the bottom I think. Waiting until I get input from my better half on placement so I don’t have to do it twice.

On Firefly, I have a Bluetooth connection to Mira but can’t get past the authentication PIN in the app. Both Kary and Firefly are on the case!

Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #5
Commercial Member

I always thought the default was 111111? Once you connect I think you have to change it. If Kary is on the case you are in good shape.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:49 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Try these links and please call us at the number at the end of each video and we will help you get up and running!

https://youtu.be/f-uztYhH26Q

https://youtu.be/taGrd2nSXPQ
Firefly Integrations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:22 PM   #7

Thank You

I’ve got to shout thank you to Brian and the Forrest River team. Your responsiveness to questions and concerns is really a nice change from where things were a few years back.

Craig

2013 Georgetown XL 377TS
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Craiginok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #8

Glad you confirm that refrigerator shelves adjustments require removing the door. I thought that was the case.
ThirdRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:02 AM   #9

Firefly update

Lots of back and forth with Firefly the past few months when I had time. Upgraded firmware, swapped in a new mira box, and in the end it was the two feet of orange wire between the panel and the Mira box that was bad.

Glad I finally got it working as it’s a great alternative to having to go to the panel for everything. Remote control from inside or out is nice to have!
MooseRiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester