Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #1

Water under the bed in Forester MBS 2401WS

Anyone with the same model ever have this problem?

I camped the last few nights in the rain. While breaking camp, I discovered that the carpeted base under the bed is soaked. The wet extends from the side wall all the way across the width of the bed and comes in about 18".

Everywhere else is bone dry. The ceiling, side wall and rear walls, the window frames, the wardrobe it's against, etc. Checked the exterior storage compartment on that wall, it's bone dry. Same with the "square hole" left where the slide extends. That entire area is protected from rain by the extended slide and is bone dry.

Maybe the window frames are leaking from the outside and feeding it inside the wall?

Another thought is that I filled the fresh water through the gravity fill while camped. It's in the rear wall, but the fresh water tank is under the bed. I'll have to check that plumbing when I get home.

The RV will be three years old next week. It was in the shop last week for ceiling leaks. The symptom was after camping in the rain, water would come from the ceiling vents once you moved the RV. The dealer used a blower fan and soapy water to find some small leaks in the caulking and some problem with the upper slide seal.

I do not think those problems are connected to this one. Seems like it's so much water, my bet is on the FW tank gravity fill connection. I'll let you know what I find.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #2

yes

Do a search on "hoglou water tank leak" july 2017.. Been there done that...
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:11 PM   #3

I thought that you would recognize me from a previous post
Phinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
Do a search on "hoglou water tank leak" july 2017.. Been there done that...

Can’t find it :-((
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
Can’t find it :-((
Here it is:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ak-140338.html
Old 11-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post

Thanks !!
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:37 PM   #7

Thanks for the info hoglou, and for the link DeaconBlue.

Now - How do I get to the vent tube? Do I lift the carpeted platform under the bed? I assume its a bunch of wood screws along the perimeter? Will this expose the fill and vent tubes? Someone said "all four", I assume the other two connections are at the fill port on the back wall. How do I access them?

Sorry if the answers are obvious but we just pulled over for the night and won't arrive home until tomorrow. And it's starting to smell moldy in here, plus one corner of the slide decided to not come out so it looks like we're sleeping on the drop down kitchen area tonight. That will be a first, but we'll move our latex foam rubber mattress topper there so it should be fine.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:46 AM   #8

I had a leak in my Salem Hemisphere on the carpet around the bed and found it coming from a leaking hot water tank anode. The water found its way through a poor caulking job around the exterior of the tank. After re inserting the anode rod properly and re caulking the seam around the hot water tank cavity i have had no future leaks
Alan and Becky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, forester, water