Old 09-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #1

Where can I buy touch up paint?

I have a 2016 SunSeeker MSB. Previous owner damaged the paint at the bottom edge of the driver's side door. Where can I buy touch up paint?
Don't want the door to rust!
Niels Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels Jensen View Post
I have a 2016 SunSeeker MSB. Previous owner damaged the paint at the bottom edge of the driver's side door. Where can I buy touch up paint?
Don't want the door to rust!
On my Ford based Sunseeker, there is a label on the driver door edge that has the paint codes on it. Might be worth looking there on on the driver door frame for a paint code.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
On my Ford based Sunseeker, there is a label on the driver door edge that has the paint codes on it. Might be worth looking there on on the driver door frame for a paint code.
This is standard, at least on Fords. Give the paint code to a parts store and if they can't get it, order from a dealership.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflotrtim View Post
This is standard, at least on Fords. Give the paint code to a parts store and if they can't get it, order from a dealership.
Well, actually, my motorhome is full body paint, with four colors, and none of those four colors are the stock Ford E-450 cutaway chassis color. So the paint code label I’m talking about was put there by the paint shop that Forest River used to do the paint job in Elkhart, Indiana. Nonetheless, those paint names and codes could get you the right color at a paint store or online paint seller.

The OP has a Mercedes, not a Ford, but I would hope the paint code would still be somewhere on the driver door or door jamb.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #5

MBS full paint

I have a Solera with full paint - 4 colors. Just did some minor damage and repaired myself but need paint. I got 4 small bottles of paint with the motorhome and a brief sheet with PPG paint codes for each of the colors. I've been to 2 automotive paint places (one a PPG place) and contacted 3 online places that supply automotive paints - none can match the codes I have to anything that they can mix. So far the only solution would be custom matching - extra expensive because it's a tricoat (base coat, color coat and clear coat) in addition to primer. I plan to contact Forest River but don't expect much considering the local dealer was a zero.
jmaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:15 PM   #6

If you find a solution I sure would appreciate your posting it, where to get the paint codes for a Solera? Thanks.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:20 PM   #7

MBS full paint

I will post when I get some answers. I need the white and pewter colors. I just looked and the "paint codes" they gave me with the touch-up paint are also posted on the back edge of the driver door opening. They just happen to be worthless as near as I can tell. I have the Cappuccino color scheme and also have a 2015 Solera 24R.
jmaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:35 PM   #8
Usually Confused Member

Most full body paint by Herr Custom Paint, 574-534-1784. They referred me to the custom paint “maker”, 574-293-9920. I ordered a touch up bottle from them and had a perfect match. Ain’t cheap.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:55 AM   #9

You might try getting the correct paint codes form the manufacturer. In my case, they gave me the codes with their names, and with the industry standard names and the cars using the same colors, so I could properly match them, like this:

Mirada
Black and Tan (2011 colors)

Beige Metallic
EVO
07 Nissan

Dark Bronzemist
WA529F
03 GM

Dark Red
3N6
02 Lexus

Black metallic
WA984A
99 GM
Old 09-18-2020, 11:30 PM   #10
Sunseeker 2400MBW

We have a 2016 Sunseeker 2400w and our paint colors are on the back wall of the kitchen cabinet. The only one, the one over the kitchen sink.

We have full body paint and I don’t know the name of the color scheme. The outside is gray, black, brownish, and white swoops. The interior is brown with more brown. I have to say, all the paints and finishes are holding up very well.