Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 AM   #21

Dieseldrax, uh, you are actually incorrect. I did have a tune added, yes, but that isn't what the whole package. What I say is correct and accurate, 8/mpg. If you know me or my situation, then I think you have a reason to respond. Since you do not know me or my situation, then perhaps hold off on the "opinions". Might be your truck tha is the issue. Mine is great and now gets a lot more mpg (and that was with removing the DEF, not the DPF. I am pretty sure I know the details of my situation a little better. Thanks for trying though!
dweaver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver2 View Post
Dieseldrax, uh, you are actually incorrect. I did have a tune added, yes, but that isn't what the whole package. What I say is correct and accurate, 8/mpg. If you know me or my situation, then I think you have a reason to respond. Since you do not know me or my situation, then perhaps hold off on the "opinions". Might be your truck tha is the issue. Mine is great and now gets a lot more mpg (and that was with removing the DEF, not the DPF. I am pretty sure I know the details of my situation a little better. Thanks for trying though!

I’m quite familiar with diesels and their emissions/exhaust systems. Your claims and explanations simply don’t jive with how things work, sorry. There’s nothing wrong with my truck, either.

Did you know that the use of DEF/SCR with the DPF increased fuel economy over only having the DPF? Do you know why? I do.

Enjoy your truck, I don’t think we’re going to see eye to eye here and I’ve said my piece. Take care.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Spread it on your lawn. It is urea. Not harmful.
I sprayed it into my flower garden and lawn but did dilute it to prevent nitrogen burn.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
I’m quite familiar with diesels and their emissions/exhaust systems. Your claims and explanations simply don’t jive with how things work, sorry. There’s nothing wrong with my truck, either.

Did you know that the use of DEF/SCR with the DPF increased fuel economy over only having the DPF? Do you know why? I do.

Enjoy your truck, I don’t think we’re going to see eye to eye here and I’ve said my piece. Take care.
Ok, well, God bless you sir and your world. Enjoyed chatting with you, entertaining and enlightening.
dweaver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
Primarily because the use of SCR with DEF allowed the OEM's to dial back the amount of EGR that is fed into the motor to keep NOx at acceptable levels. The SCR unit uses DEF to break down NOx into just nitrogen and oxygen.

Now if the OEM's would start using better class of SCR's that use a cartridge supplied 100% Urea instead of the 39% Urea / water mix, then they could actually do away with EGR altogether and still meet EPA NOx standards. No freezing, no shelf life problems, none of the hassles that go on with the panther piss fed SCR systems they are forcing on us.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:05 AM   #26
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver2 View Post
Consider the option of having the system removed from your vehicle. It is not necessary, only the gov and truck manufacturers push the system. Your power will increase as does your mileage. We improved avg of 8/mpg increase.
From the research I have done, about removing the system, 8 mpg increase is a real stretch.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
From the research I have done, about removing the system, 8 mpg increase is a real stretch.

Also, once you remove the system, you have broken federal laws, and no one will service your vehicle for fear of being an accessory to your action. Just sayin’.

Good luck out there!
Old 06-21-2018, 07:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
About from China to NYC and back. I know 4 that have done that and 3 report .5 - 1.1. One says 3 and everyone chuckles.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel