Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Riverstone Legacy

Registry
RV Name Riverstone Legacy
Year 2017
Make forrest river
Model 38fb
Length 41.2
2017 forrest river 38fb
Exterior
added Moryde IS suspension

Tow Vehicle
2016 ram 3500 drw turbo diesel
Comments: 7 / Views: 609
Old 10-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #2

Have been living in this unit since march of 2017. traveled to and in every state in this nation. experienced all kinds of issues regarding Riverstone Legacy and how it holds up in extensive -travel ,weather and service from the factory . would be glad to answer any questions you may have about this product . note: I am on the road and wifi can be spotty at best
luckieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:25 AM   #3

Welcome from another Legacy owner, glad all is going well with yours.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #4

hello there too! been a great rig so far . had issue's from the factory on a few things (dexter ,lionshead and Lippert mainly) most issues I fixed myself with the help of jeff at Riverstone and the others stuff the warrenty side from venders went well ,so no complaints but a few redesigns where addressed on new models . have only run into a few around the country so far ,seen some at a few dealers now too. nice to see them getting out there . I have been to the factory and seen the new Riverstone models (not many legacy though) and see that they now offer the Moryde I.S. as an option ,wish they had that when I got mine ,but a few days in Elkhart fixed that issue lol. A few minor issues with the build process and after a few discussions with their crew and pointers I showed them it became quite apparent they are trying to build the best 5th wheel out there . after all it is an RV and things happen ,be ready and willing to make it right and enjoy the life on the road
Old 10-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum.
They all have some minor issues here and there but with good dealer and manufacturer support we are certain we made the right choice.
After calling our 38RE Legacy home for the last 1 1/2 years and having survived one brutal winter in it with several nights cracking the -40 mark I must say when the time comes the RiverStone will be on the short list.

We had two 5th wheel trailers with MorRyde IS and now 8k Dexter tube axles on the RS, I can't really tell whether the IS upgrade would be worth the money, I would rather see some kind of air suspension on a trailer this size.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #6

agree my 38fb Riverstone has been a overall great rig and the 8k tube axles and dexter disk brakes /equalizer was ok,but had the caliper pin backout (keeper on earlier pins was only a small wire ,new ones come with a threaded /nut locking system )did a lot of damage to the wheel and rotor/caliper . the hanger bolts are lubricated but the roads in Indiana ,etc are horrible . Broke a head off the bolt and pin came out in Kentucky.luckily it stayed between the hanger and we were able to do a temp fix and get back up north. Moryde will swap out this system using your parts less the I.S. components making it a reasonable swap(only a one yr warrenty though) I opted for their complete system less the electric/hydraulic actuator and wheels ,as the Riverstone already has goodyr 17.5 on it and the actuator was less then a yr old . 5 yr warrenty on the suspension now . handles the crappy roads much better and yes an air system would be a little smoother (not much) but I prefer the shear springs to the air bags . have those on my tow vehicle and king pin so this system floats pretty good over hiway defects and bridge's . you cannot eliminate all unless you build a hover craft system ,good luck with that ,lol. they had a lot of rigs in there getting this I.S. system and yes most but not all were high end units like the Riverstone legacy , mobile suite,lux,etc.but there was also a few good older units doing the conversion there also. quite a busy place and good people to work with to boot ,just my experience is all! of note most all who have this system get it again on their next unit and swear by them . I live in mine so the investment was worth it .
Old 10-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #7

I hear ya . I wish there were some real world direct comparisons between air (full air suspension, not just airbags mounted on top of the axles) and MorRyde IS but that's asking too much. I haven't looked to much in to it yet, but I was thinking about something along this line.
STi Air Ride Trailer Suspension - Timbren Industries Inc. Suspension Products
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #8

air ride ?

that is an interesting application of the air bag suspension for sure ! basically similar in operation as the Moryde (did not see if the bags also had shocks like the Moryde ) while at the Moryde factory we were next to a old test trailer for a Moryde air bag system . not sure if it was a fatigue test unit or what but interesting none the less! have over 8k miles on this unit since we had it installed , sure glad I did it ! roads are so bad in most states and worse in others . either system is a good upgrade if you want to save your rig