Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Rockie

Registry
RV Name Rockie
Year 2021
Make Rockwood
Model MiniLite 2509s
Length 25'11"
2021 Rockwood MiniLite 2509s
Comments: 2 / Views: 388
Old 02-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #2

I’m a newbie and I will be picking up our new mini light 2509S in March. I was curious how does the Water Heater work if you are connect to Electric? Will we have enough warm/hot water for 4 people to take a shower? Umm
Surfquest73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:22 PM   #3
Befuddled wanderer

Do you know for sure that your water heater works with both gas and electric? Some are gas only. I have no idea what type they put in yours...

Having said that, running a water heater on electric typically means that it won't make the water hot as quickly as running on gas, so doing back to back to back to back showers has a good chance of depleting your hot water supply. I believe that if you really want maximum hot water, you can turn the gas and electric on at the same time, but I am not positive on that one.

The other option is to learn how to take showers using a minimal amount of water, which is a pretty good skill to have if you are not set up on a full hookup site. If you really get good with the minimal water showers, then you may get four showers without running out of hot water.

Typically the hot water produced by an RV water heater is REALLY HOT. They do that intentionally so you don't have to use as much of the hot water when you take a shower or do dishes, etc.

If you are camping using just the fresh water tank in your RV and your Rockwood has the water miser gizmo in the shower, then it would be in your best interest to learn how to properly use that. If you are camping with water hook up, then it's not necessary.

Hope this helps!

2020 Rockwood Ultra Light 2891 BH
1996 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 8.0L V10

"Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice"
cc102bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2509s, lite, rockwood