Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Sharknado
Sharkey Berkshire Owner

Registry
RV Name Sharknado
Year 2017
Make Berkshire XL
Model 40A
Length 40'
2017 Berkshire XL 40A
Basic Info Living full time in our Berk and also fully retired. Spent 21yrs in the Military, USCG, and another 19 as a service manager for a global company. My beautiful wife and I 100% love this lifestyle!
Exterior
Added Blue-Ox towing system package for MH and toad (2017 Nissan Sentra stick).
Installed Direct TV dish (winegard antenna) and purchased their services.
Added UV tire curtains, snap on, to protect the wheels.
Added TPMS (EEZ tire) on all tires; to include our toad.
Added battery tenders for fill level, which makes it easy to see if they need filling (white "bobber") and shuts off an internal valve in the cap when full (to ensure not to overfill).
Carry a "Y" fitting for the hose connection to be able to run 2 hose-lines, so no need to disconnect hose for flushing black tank or washing MH.
Added a 90 degree fitting to city water connection to prevent kinked hose and a straighter waterline connection.
Added screens to all 4 Emerson vents to prevent mud daubers and other insects.
Bought "liquid transfer pump" to easily fill the DEF tank.
Added a clear 3.5" sewer line extension to see the "flow" to ensure a full clean-out!
Bought a Cuisinart CGG-306 dual burner grill and had a 25' LP hose made so I could use the MH LP tank; AWESOME!

Interior
Added extra fire extinguisher in bedroom.
Added medium size first aid kit for emergencies.
Bought "The SHARK Rocket" vacuum; best ever!
Was looking to replace our gas stove with inductions, but too much $$$. Bought a single burner induction and use this VERY often; mostly outside too!
Replaced the smoked glass in our video distribution cabinet, with a decorative metal screen, to allow for better air flow; was getting VERY hot in there!
Made better use of the storage space behind the TV by adding a shelf; lots of space now for my liquor!!!
Added my own internet router (to connect with CG WiFi when available) and an AT&T hotspot when WiFi is not available; so far so good!
Upgraded the MAXXFan above the stove to the 7000 series with a remote, because I have a very short wife!
Changed ALL incandescent bulbs (aisle lighting and sconce fixtures) to LED.

Renovations and Repairs
MH came with the Atwood instant hot, but it never worked properly; would either freeze you or scold you in the shower. FR replaced this with a TRUMA and it is PERFECTION!
Fingers crossed, this has been our only "main" issue, but we have had several minor warranty issues fixed.

Tow Vehicle
2017 Nissan Sentra; manual.

Favorite Camping Destinations
Military Bases!
Comments: 0 / Views: 313

Tags
berkshire