Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2022, 06:07 PM   #1

2 year old Vengeance Rogue 29KS - roof leak issue

We purchased a 2020 Vengeance Rogue 29KS new in 2020 - just passing our 2nd year with it and when getting ready for the season and putting stuff back into the camper found water intrusion in the bedroom area. We had just had a service check done at RV service dept which including checking the roof and they reported nada to us but low and behold we have a hole in our roof about the size of the head of a nail in the front of a rig on the seal. It is not parked anywhere near trees where it normally parked and it has not been in contact with anything overhead. The dealer we are working with is telling us its not under warranty, but I'm seeing in different places that there is a separate roof warranty, but we don't have any details on that. Can someone point me to this for this model or who at Forest River can answer this? They are saying that the whole roof will need to be replaced...
CClifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:26 PM   #2
Site Team

That's why roof inspections should be done by the owner, minimum of once a year.
You will always care more than a dealer.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:06 PM   #3

The sticker instructions on my RV requires inspection of every joint every 90 days
. I think this applies to all RVs .

The factory will ask when it was inspected, they know if your traveling with your RV , sealant will have to be reapplied in some areas. Most RVs require inspections 4 times a year.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:42 PM   #4

roof is regularly looked at. Point was it was recently looked at by a dealer and missed OR they caused the issue as it was not an issue when it was last looked at. I'm asking for 2 points of help here. Do people know the manufacturer Forest River use for this model's roof and the warranty details on that?
CClifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 07:21 PM   #5

Patch it

Is the damage confined to the void on the roof, with no permanent damage from the water intrusion?

Put an Eternabond patch on it and don't look back.

Scrub the roof clean around the hole. Apply the tape when the area is dry. Use a roller (1" dowel/rolling pin wrapped in Saran or foil/piece of pipe/wallpaper seam roller/etc.) to roll it down. It will be good for at least a decade.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 11:18 PM   #6

If you didn't do it, the dealer/repair shop did while doing the inspection. But what's your recourse? None. Fix it yourself.

Warranty is very unlikely to cover it. Why? Simple. It's not a product failure or defect. It's damage. Who caused it doesn't matter. Damage is damage, and that's not covered under warranty.

I boondock a lot. Low hanging trees have damaged my roof twice. Deep "scratches" through the EPDM...a stutter of punctures about 12" to 15" long. Answer? Dycor self-leveling sealant. Clean the "wound," let it dry, apply. Done.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roo, roof