Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #1

Heavy ramp door Vengeance Toy Hauler

Hey all, I picked up a used 2013 Vengeance 306V toy hauler a while back. Maybe there is something wrong with it, but it takes 2 men and a boy to raise the rear ramp. Anybody else have this problem, and how did you remedy it?
Also, has anybody added cables to make the ramp a patio? If you have ideas, please share. If you have done these mods, please add pics! Thanks in advance!
uhairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:32 AM   #2

Me and my wife usually do it. I have done it NY myself but I'm a big guy. I think the thing to do is go slow up and down and let the springs help you. As far as patio mine has 2 metal stands that are adjustable u put under ramp at rubber stops. I think cable would be better as u don't have to keep storing stands every time u leave. ( metal thiefs)
Kickingupmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:36 AM   #3

I have a Coachman Adraline. It has springs on the hinges and I have no issues closing it by myself.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harderd View Post
I have a Coachman Adraline. It has springs on the hinges and I have no issues closing it by myself.

Yeah, mine has the springs on the hinge pin also. They don't seem to help much. They appear to be on correctly, just way too light of spring for the heavy door. I am thinking of taking the patio railing off to lighten the load.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #5

I don't have the railing. I am sure that added weight is the issue. All of the ramp doors with the railings that I have seen have the indoor cable and spring assist or counter weights.

I swear the people that design these things never use them. It's a hurry up world anymore and companys would rather fail then test. Every new idea or new model should be tested in the field by competant campers or QA personell.

There is so many stupid things in mine I just shake my head.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #6

I don't have a vengeance but I do have a 27rr. One hand is all it takes up or down. Is it posible you have a broken spring? I also have adjustable stands that go under the rubber bump stops.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I don't have a vengeance but I do have a 27rr. One hand is all it takes up or down. Is it posible you have a broken spring? I also have adjustable stands that go under the rubber bump stops.
None of the springs appear to be broken. I have the metal stands for under the ramp, but something lighter that takes up a lot less room would be nice, and well worth the time to install.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:31 AM   #8

I am still looking for help with this project. If you have a toyhauler that came with the cables from the factory, could you post some pics of how and where the cables are attached to the ramp and rv? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #9

My old toy hauler had garage door springs on each side about 2 ft up from bottom of door . They had 2 metal rods inside that were u shaped the entire length of spring. They were for safety in case springs broke. Mine broke and I went to HD and bought some that were close. They weren't as strong but worked. With them and the hinge springs u shouldn't have any problems. The down fall is u have springs in the way. The cable set up can be found searching the web. The ones I have seen in person attach to top corners of door frame opening. There is a gusset welded in corner of frame with a hole drilled in it. The about 3 ft from top of door an eyebolt with metal plate inside and outside of door 3" x 4" . Must be in solid part of door. Cables then attach to both and there u go. I would say both set ups could be purchased from lippert for a price. Lol Just going to take some searching and fore thought but it can be done from local hardware. By the way my 376V doesn't gave those welded gussets with the holes in them . Already looked.
Kickingupmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #10

Does anybody know where I can purchase one of the oval outside lights that came on the 306V? All the ones I have found are too small to cover the caulk line on the trailer.

Tags
door, toy hauler