Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2020, 06:19 PM   #21

In the same boat here.. came in this forum to see if we were alone. Our lists are about the same but the black water 2 tank in our Rogue Armored 351A13 has fallen off into the belly pan on top of the kitchen slide tension cables breaking.. plus a leak in the bedroom slide. ready to return it as seems to be falling apart more each day of use and we have had it 3 weeks.. it wasn’t made to travel and it’s not 4 seasons like we were told too. Earliest we can get an appointment for service is 11/2 and that was them squeezing us in.
Whetrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #22

Lucky that is all you found wrong. You will keep finding things wrong. When I brought mine back for first time had long list. Found most of the hard fixes had poor repairs. I ended up fixing them myself. That was after a month of them having it. Including a roof replacement. I wanted to use it sometime. It takes a lot of man hours to repair things right in my experience they do not spend the time. After 3 years I still have a list of repairs to do, checking them off one at a time.
BDenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:12 AM   #23

It’s been the shop over a week and I haven’t heard anything. I did contact forest river and the bank that financed it. My next steps will be contacting my insurance company and will most likely get an attorney to help track all the issues and time to fix them. I am not going to have it in the shop more than I have it and so far it’s been that way.
There are lemon laws even for RV’s.
Thanks for all the support and chat on here. Glad I found this and wish I would have sooner.
caasperjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:52 AM   #24

Your list is very long, it’s going to take weeks just to figure out and get approved and get replacement parts shipped in.
My friend had a few minor issues, his trailer was in the shop the entire camping season and there was nothing he could do.
I’m sorry to hear about all these issues, good luck !
Old 11-08-2020, 08:28 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
My friend had a few minor issues, his trailer was in the shop the entire camping season and there was nothing he could do.
This is so sadly true.

1. Wait 2 to 3 months to get your RV in because of the service backlog
2. RV dealer orders part
3. Wait 2 to 3 months for warranty approval and parts
4. Repair (maybe) the RV

There goes the camping season

I think a lot of people give up. In essence, there is no warranty. What's really fun is the "can't replicate the problem" routine.

RVs can easily be the price of a new car. Would you put up with your automotive dealer and manufacturer behaving in this way? It's shameful.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #26
Site Team

Thread title corrected.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #27
Lifesylers

Welcome to the world of Forest River and their junk! Attempting to sell my DP never to return to FR again
Old 11-09-2020, 12:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifestylers View Post
Welcome to the world of Forest River and their junk! Attempting to sell my DP never to return to FR again

Ya this point I will not buy an FR again and will do everything I can to stop everyone I know from buying one!
caasperjed is offline   Reply With Quote