Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 08:36 PM   #1

Unhappy Many Issues with NEW 2021 ROGUE 25V

Need everyone's thoughts on my issues. I purchased a new 2021 Rogue 25V mid Sept and am having issues already. Besides it taking FR and the dealer a month to get me a gen which is a Yamaha/NPS which seems to be louder and rougher than the Onan regardless what the publications say.

Anyways here's my other issues:
1. Staples coming out of walls in several areas
2. Trim along roof is broken to make curve
3. Rear ramp door latch binds
4. rear wall by ramp is bowed and the seem tape is peeling
5. Seem tape is peeling/bubbling in two other areas
6. Vinyl floor is lifting causing bubbles
7. Fuel station hose is leaking
8. Outdoor speaker is blown
9. Fridge will not stay on when on propane
10. Door handles are coming loose
11. The black metal trim along the outside sides that wraps around the
bottom has 2 sections that have come loose when driving
12. The front diamond plate seems to be cut too long as it bows in the
middle
13. One of legs for power to the blue inside outside LED lights was wired to
come on when the disconnect was turned in the off position
14. The entry doors have to slammed shut otherwise the latches don't latch

Can I return this rolling box of poorly built wood? Has anyone dealt with this many issues?
caasperjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by caasperjed View Post
Need everyone's thoughts on my issues. I purchased a new 2021 Rogue 25V mid Sept and am having issues already. Besides it taking FR and the dealer a month to get me a gen which is a Yamaha/NPS which seems to be louder and rougher than the Onan regardless what the publications say.

middle

Can I return this rolling box of poorly built wood? Has anyone dealt with this many issues?
Unfortunately, this is a very typical length list for issues found in new RVs. One way to look at new RVs is that they are sold “as-is, needs work”.

I recommend you pick your battles and fix the things that you can fix yourself. For the larger, more expensive issues, send it back to the dealer. My dealer would just hand me warranty parts and I would install them myself, which I preferred.

In a year or two you should be able to get most of the problems resolved, but it will take time and effort. I have had my new RV a year and a half and I just today replaced the water pump and filed and adjusted the entry door latch. Every camping trip yields a list of a few more items that need to be addressed.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:

middle

Wasn't all this addressed during the PDI/walkthrough? I refused to pay the balance until it was all fixed or scheduled to get fixed. We found a similar list of stuff that was eventually all fixed.
With RV sales at an all-time high and low inventory, new RVs are being shoved through the assembly lines as fast as possible. And dealers don't have to negotiate either.
Hate to say it but IMHO, this the worst time to buy a RV that I've ever seen, in the past 25 years I've owned RVs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Unfortunately, this is a very typical length list for issues found in new RVs. One way to look at new RVs is that they are sold “as-is, needs work”.

I recommend you pick your battles and fix the things that you can fix yourself. For the larger, more expensive issues, send it back to the dealer. My dealer would just hand me warranty parts and I would install them myself, which I preferred.

In a year or two you should be able to get most of the problems resolved, but it will take time and effort. I have had my new RV a year and a half and I just today replaced the water pump and filed and adjusted the entry door latch. Every camping trip yields a list of a few more items that need to be addressed.
X2
Ron.danahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:38 PM   #5

I did the walkthrough and they fixed a few minor things. We never checked the outside speakers all of the other items are coming up as it used. Basically it’s falling apart little by little each time I use it.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:42 AM   #6

Its crazy for what one spends we have to deal with these issues. Well I understand what you are saying about fixing it myself but I bought new so wouldn't have to fix these things. I plan on pushing everything and holding the dealer to everything they said. I have reached out to FR as well.
This shouldn't be the norm for a new piece of equipment. In no way would we as consumers accept this for a car a house or anything else we spend our money on.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:10 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Its crazy for what one spends we have to deal with these issues. Well I understand what you are saying about fixing it myself but I bought new so wouldn't have to fix these things. I plan on pushing everything and holding the dealer to everything they said. I have reached out to FR as well.
This shouldn't be the norm for a new piece of equipment. In no way would we as consumers accept this for a car a house or anything else we spend our money on.
I hate to say this but you must be new to RV ownership. The only things that the RV Industry and the Auto Industry have in common, is that they both sell things with wheels, at dealerships. Other than that, they couldn't be more different.
Quality was hit and miss in the RV Industry before. Now that you bought in the worst time to buy one, it's even worse. I wish you had joined the Forum BEFORE you bought this one. We might have been able to recommend that you waited. We've been shopping for a new 5th wheel but there's NO way we'll buy one until this RV buying frenzy is over.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:22 AM   #8

We had been looking for awhile, about 3 years, bought a truck 2 years ago then looked for a trailer that it could tow and would haul our toys. The 25V we first saw at an RV show a few moths after buying the truck but we waited and the price had actually gone down a bit as their dealer had purchase a large lot of the 25’s. So we took a chance. Yes we are new owners but are not new to RV’s this is why the poor quality surprised me.
As owners we need to push to make these things better and not accept the crappy builds. I am hoping my dealer will take care of me so far they seem willing to help but time will tell and I will not let up until my RV is right.
Thanks for the info and I wish I would have jumped in sooner as well.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:16 AM   #9

Quote:
What you say is logical: buy new instead of used, and not have problems to deal with. In the RV world, the opposite is often true. Buying used could get you an RV that finally has the problems worked out. And you are right, consumers do not accept this with other consumer products. Many people new to RVs expect the quality they are accustomed to in other products, only to find that RVs are not up to the same standards.

The whole business model is flawed. Build it fast and cheap, send it out with flaws. Aggravate your customers. Pay big money to dealers to fix many problems. Spend even more money to bring the product back to the factory and fix major problems. How about if they took out the warranty costs and instead invested in building them right to begin with?

Perhaps a new company needs to come in and start building RVs to the quality level of modern automobiles, and blow away the competition that is selling junk.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #10

You bought a kit that is 80% complete, now enjoy building the rest of it.

John U
2010 Born Free 22RSK
midnightpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:44 AM   #11

I have had several new campers and I have always taken them back to the dealer the first winter with a punch list and by spring they have everything taken care of. They even let me leave it on their lot for several months after they are through with repairs.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I have had several new campers and I have always taken them back to the dealer the first winter with a punch list and by spring they have everything taken care of. They even let me leave it on their lot for several months after they are through with repairs.
This is what I used to do every fall before I had a seasonal site. I would give them a list of basic maintenance items and tell them to take their time. It was free storage for the entire off-season.

Bruce
Old 10-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #13
REL

I have a 2019 V25 and compared to other FR brands I have read about, our issues have been very minimal. The main entrance door racked a bit and like yours is a bit hard to close, they missed the stud when attaching the wall board above the rear ramp door and the outside speakers are junk. Based on this I assumed the Vengeance line was put together a bit better due to a possible lower demand? With the recent demand for RVs I would be leary if buying one now. Sounds like many may be being hastily built to meet demand.
REL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #14

This is where good government has a place.
It's time.
Brickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #15

Not going to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickie View Post
This is where good government has a place.
It's time.
I'm not going to disagree with you because it will simply get this thread locked. But there are a lot of people who believe that the free market is a better solution than bureaucrats (who may never have owned a trailer) making rules.

This post takes that position in the last paragraph.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:54 PM   #16

You are fortunate if that's the only problems you have. I recently discovered my TT only had half a shower floor installed. The lack of support snapped the plumbing.
I posted a thread about it.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ng-218431.html
Old 10-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #17

I think a good starting point would be to have a discussion with the dealer that sold you the unit.
Iowa City Fix It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:29 PM   #18

First of all, welcome to the forum. Secondly, I am sorry for your troubles. I hear and feel your pain. I agree that a new item should be made well. I agree companies should stand behind their products. Absolutely unbelievable that a buyer of any product should accept poorly made items!!! That said, we bought a new unit and experienced a multitude of serious issues. (See past posts if you want.) All this to say I don’t know the answer to how to fix your issues or the RV industry’s lack of culpability. We eventually got our issues fixed and still have our unit. Try to remain calm, take copious notes with dates, names, phone numbers, and follow conversations with email restating what was promised so you have a coherent paper trail. CC your emails to seller, shop and factory personnel. Ask for confirmation and what to expect. I hope it all works out well. This’s a explosive time in the world right now and tempers are easily flared. Hopefully soon you’ll be past this and enjoying your camping life.
CYAH OUT THERE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
I'm not going to disagree with you because it will simply get this thread locked. But there are a lot of people who believe that the free market is a better solution than bureaucrats (who may never have owned a trailer) making rules.

This post takes that position in the last paragraph.
Yeah I'm gonna say the "free market" has pretty much fallen on it's face here Larry.
Brickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:19 PM   #20
Lifesylers

You bought poor product built out by FR. I have FR 40 XL RB pusher, 2015. Chassis is fine, Freightliner. Everything else is junk. Buying new Winnie. Cant be worse. Oh yes take it back with your long checklist and have it fixed, if your lucky you might see in by next Spring! Is that why you bought one so you can use it once a year? Wish you the best..gonna need it. NEVER FR AGAIN