Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #1

Vengeance 306

How many vengeance 306 owners do we have out here and how is everything working for you. I have not had many problems but things have gone wrong from time to time.
tomwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #2

Just finished our first season with ours and its working pretty well. Even had a chance to use the furnace one evening on our last trip.

Lust winterized for the recent freeze here in Dallas but she's locked and cocked, ready to pull out at the first decent long weekend the Mrs and I both have off again
coderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #3

We ordered a new 306 from the factory a month ago. It should be in the next few weeks. We are really excited about some of the upgrades with the 2014 models. I was hoping to see more vengeance owners here.
bsjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjohnson View Post
We ordered a new 306 from the factory a month ago. It should be in the next few weeks. We are really excited about some of the upgrades with the 2014 models. I was hoping to see more vengeance owners here.
Think you will really enjoy, we did enjoy ours a lot.

That said, in the spirit of full disclosure we just traded ours in for a new unit from another vendor & it's not a toy hauler. We found we just weren't hauling the toys as much since we have been traveling with our kids (they have an Open Range) and camping adjacent to them and the grand-daughters.

Spending more time with the family and less with the toys.

Enjoy the vengeance, they are a nice hauler.
coderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #5

Thanks, we looked at various Toy Haulers for over a year and saw where there were several upgrades and improvements with the Vengeance over an 18 month period. We are excited as expected and feel as if we have made a good choice. Thanks for the reply and maybe we will see you out there sometime... Happy Hoosiers....
Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks, we looked at various Toy Haulers for over a year and saw where there were several upgrades and improvements with the Vengeance over an 18 month period. We are excited as expected and feel as if we have made a good choice. Thanks for the reply and maybe we will see you out there sometime... Happy Hoosiers....
I am curious to hear what upgrades and improvements you noticed? The website still shows the 13's so I am curious. Thanks
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #7

Vengeance 306

The Forest River website does not list the upgrades nor do they have any new pictures. The website does show the change in the floor plan. I am confident that I can't identify all of them, but here are a few of the upgrades; they moved the entrance to the bathroom to the far right side wall. This created a center island that allowed the TV to be moved from over the door to the center island and down to a more comfortable height to view. The center island also allows for a bigger TV to be selected as an upgrade. They also added a fireplace under the TV. By moving the door to the far wall, it created room for a bedroom door to be added to the master bedroom, and it moved the toilet to the wall next to the sink. This gave more room for the shower and an additional cabinet in the bathroom. The counter tops were upgraded along with the kitchen sink fixtures. The sofa can now be upgraded to a set of four (4) recliners. They added tile to the floor. The construction and quality in the cabinet drawers and cabinetry appeared improved to us.
The only change we would have for the 306 would be to add 2 feet to the overall length and add that 2 feet to the garage. We just felt that the 2014 models overall quality and appearance had improved from the earlier models. We looked at several manufacturers and kept coming back to the Vengeance. I hope I answered some of your questions.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #8

Quote:
The Forest River website does not list the upgrades nor do they have any new pictures. The website does show the change in the floor plan. I am confident that I can't identify all of them, but here are a few of the upgrades; they moved the entrance to the bathroom to the far right side wall. This created a center island that allowed the TV to be moved from over the door to the center island and down to a more comfortable height to view. The center island also allows for a bigger TV to be selected as an upgrade. They also added a fireplace under the TV. By moving the door to the far wall, it created room for a bedroom door to be added to the master bedroom, and it moved the toilet to the wall next to the sink. This gave more room for the shower and an additional cabinet in the bathroom. The counter tops were upgraded along with the kitchen sink fixtures. The sofa can now be upgraded to a set of four (4) recliners. They added tile to the floor. The construction and quality in the cabinet drawers and cabinetry appeared improved to us. The only change we would have for the 306 would be to add 2 feet to the overall length and add that 2 feet to the garage. We just felt that the 2014 models overall quality and appearance had improved from the earlier models. We looked at several manufacturers and kept coming back to the Vengeance. I hope I answered some of your questions.
Thanks bsjohnson. I searched the web a bit and the first 4 or 5 pictures of 2014's still had 2013 layouts but I finally found pics of the new layout. It is much nicer. I wish they would have angled the fireplace and TV a bit towards the seating but regardless it's a much nicer look. I agree on the garage. I actually need a 12' but could possibly make a 10' garage work but not when you loose a foot for that wooden "thing"?? In general it looks like a nice unit. I currently have a flagstaff travel trailer and I would say after going to the Hershey PA RV show, my only generic complaint of Forrest river is every one had what I thought felt like a soft floor. When I waled in a fuzion or others and then went to an XLR, Columbus, or any other FR the floors feel almost spongy as does my current unit. I guess it's just the way they are made but just something I noticed. After seing these new pics the vengance is actually back on my radar. I agree with you and I did not care for the previous layout. Good luck with your new unit!
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #9

I'm new here but am glad I read the revisions on the 2014 floor plans. I really like the center island option. Of course with this being my first post I don't have a 306V....yet, but I will be shooting for a 2014 model and the price point is right on key with what i want to spend. Already getting good stuff out this forum.
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls Toy Hauler View Post
I'm new here but am glad I read the revisions on the 2014 floor plans. I really like the center island option. Of course with this being my first post I don't have a 306V....yet, but I will be shooting for a 2014 model and the price point is right on key with what i want to spend. Already getting good stuff out this forum.
Welcome!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #11
senior country vet

vengeance 316 toy hauler quality

I have had this 5er since aug. but it has been in for war. work since nov. 2nd island was held together by the paneling very little support it shook apart by the time I got it home(250 miles) I beefed it up to get through the first trip(60 days). had to install system to antifreeze the rig, shower surround came completely loose from one wall(stopped using it).Dealer ordered the cabinet,fixed the shower.FR said the island was shipped 3 times. 1st date mid dec,2nd date jan 10,3rd date feb 10 now feb20 and still no parts. lost 2 campground deposits based on above dates.whats with forest river and their service?? also as a side bar I love the 5er bought it based on camping with friends who have a FR Cedar Creek the Quality and workmanship is great not so good in the vengeance in fact the cabinet and island quality are very poor. owned 7 months in shop 4 months!!! If FR delivered on time I would be happy.Now not so happy!!
highcountryCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #12

I just got my offer accepted today on a '14 306.....really excited to get the quads loaded and head out!
Quadidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #13

Writing on my wife's forum account... I'm Jerry. We picked up our 306V last weekend, and took it on a quick 75 mile shake down drive a couple days later. So far so good, but the first test camping trip is later this month. The RV King bed is a weird size, as QuadIdaho mentioned in a separate thread. The A/V systems will take some figuring out. I understand the idea of a cabinet door covering the shelf area under the main TV, but it is already proving to be a pain to open that cabinet just to turn on the lights. Considering altering the door to only cover the upper cavity, leaving the light switches, slide and awning controls, and generator controls accessible. We will post more as we get this thing out and rolling....
lauradt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #14

^^^ Drives me nuts. Im thinking of doing the same thing. Just trying to figure out a clean looking way to do it.
smoke660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #15

Dana lance I just pecked up mine had some trouble with h j bed
Dana Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #16

I have two wires white and black positive in battery case not hooked up does any one know what they are for
?
Dana Lance is offline   Reply With Quote