Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #1

Vengeance Touring Editions

First of all, wish they had a section or sub title for the Vengeance.

I have question about the Vengeance touring edition's.

I'm getting ready to order a 39R13 TE:
-Does anybody have the dual pane windows and are they worth the extra money and are they still frameless windows. This we be are first RV with the frameless windows.
-I think I know the by the book answer to this one but the 7K axle upgrade, does it change the total weight that can be hauled. 3520lbs are the max tire weight(E-range). 18,000lbs is the total listed weight

-We were going to get the dual fuel tanks but decided to go with just one.
RVDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:44 AM   #2

No clue about the windows. Others know much more about them than I do. Windows are windows to me.

A side note about the axles. Whether you upgrade the axles or not, why not upgrade the tires? I think they still offer Westlake G rated tires. But we had the dealer swap out our E rated tires for some GoodYear G614s. Worth every dime.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:24 PM   #3

The 7k axle are included in the platinum package from factory and the tires are factory, I didn't know if the FR changed the weight sticker when they install the 7k axles.
Did they charge you for the tire upgrade?

Platinum Package Options:
Electric Ramp Patio Awning
7,000# Axle Upgrade
Trail Air Hitch Pin
Equa Flex Suspension
Waste Master
Collapsing Clothes Rod in Garage
Old 08-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #4

I actually did that through my dealer. The 40D12 was already built and sitting at the factory. It was exactly how I wanted it so we did paperwork via internet and they had it on the road to the dealership within days.

The dealer ordered the G614s through a local heavy truck tire dealer so once the camper arrived, they removed the wheels and sent them to that shop. $325/tire was my price. We just agreed to have them keep the original tires in lieu of me paying the installation price. I didn't mind.

If I'm not mistaken, if you order G rated tires from the factory, they use Westlakes. But I may be wrong. Double check that. I wanted GoodYears so just having the dealer do it was much easier.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:44 PM   #5

This will be my first RV with hydraulic leveling jacks, can't they be used to raise RV to change a flat tire or is this still a no no.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #6

Yes. But sometimes it can be tricky. Once the camper is at a certain angle, the jacks on that side will stop. They don't want the camper leaning too much.

I built some wooden blocks to go underneath the pads of my landing jacks. So if I had to, I could pick up the entire camper off the ground. It doesn't hurt anything.

We had a trip recently to a campground at Kerr Lake that wasn't very level. Once I put the blocks underneath the down side jacks, the Level-Up system had to pick that side of the camper up off the ground a LOT to get level. Those three wheels dangled there all weekend and the system kept the camper level and very stable the whole time. I could have pulled all three tires off if I had wanted to.

Tags
touring edition