Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #41
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschlichter View Post
Love the Anderson gooseneck to 5th wheel hitch that is off set for short bed and is rated for up to 24,000 lbs with 4500 lbs tongue weight. To use this Anderson hitch, I added B&W gooseneck ball in bed of my F350. No grease, easy hook up, great ride. Only drawback is the adapter on 5th wheel pin that I take off when leaving camper at dealer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY6MQM2..._q3UGAb2R6E5B2
For those searching for information on this hitch, it is spelled Andersen.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #42

Pin weight reduction when loaded(toy hauler)

Does anyone have an idea what the change in pin weight would be having about a 1500lb toy behind the trailer axles? The bulk of the weight when unloaded is in front of the trailer axles obviously. I am wondering what the transfer would be.
I know there are tanks involved but on the assumption that all the tanks are empty.
nondem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nondem View Post
If it comes to it, I'll swap to an F350 but it sure isn't easy to figure out what the capacities actually are looking at the Ford Spec sheets. The truck does have the 10k lbs GVWR option but depending on the model Vengeance I do see where that may be inadequate.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9yqeHlN0d6gfTP5N2

Thoughts?
I have been reading your question and thought I would tell you I have a Chev 2500 HD Diesel crew with short box. I decided on the slide hitch when I updated my last hitch, and have found it to be an excellent choice. My last trailer was a 36 ft DRV which is a heavy trailer, and it worked well. I might add though, I did beef my rear suspension, adding an extra leaf spring and also those "axle bumpers" and the set up is great.
WinterTexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #44

Which vengeance 5er are u looking at?
340xlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 PM   #45

I have a 15 F-250 and pull a 398V and have had no issues. You will want to get the Reese slider hitch with the puck system. I can pull without airbags but I added them for a smoother ride.

You should be okay pin weight wise but check the FORD website and the sticker on the unit to be sure.
SliderHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, f250