Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #61

15 of us wrote a letter to sunrv corporate about their increasing price and fees. Seasonal sites 30amp 5150 for the season, 50 amp 5350 for the season plus you still pay metered electric. They couldn't answer why the price difference. Golf cart fee 150, why when i already pay insurance on it still didn't answer. Only thing they did was extend the season 1 week in beginning and 1 week at the end. This will most likely be my last season there.
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #62
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmysstailights View Post
15 of us wrote a letter to sunrv corporate about their increasing price and fees. Seasonal sites 30amp 5150 for the season, 50 amp 5350 for the season plus you still pay metered electric. They couldn't answer why the price difference.
50A sites are usually preferred even for those with 30A trailers. Supply and demand.

Its the same reason waterfront (lake/river/etc.) seasonal sites are always more expensive.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:08 PM   #63

We pay 2400 at a small campground near Mercer Pa. We don't need entertained' so it is perfect for these two seniors
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #64

Northwest of Chicago just south of Fox Lake it runs 3k + electric, Late April to late Oct.
Nice lot though, deck side has no neighbor, it's a softball field.
filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:41 PM   #65

Were paying $1575 plus metered electric, usually $25ish a month. This year the new thing is that the county tax assessor came in and assessed all of our decks and we have to pay the property taxes on them. $63 for us but some were 3-400. Central Il north of Bloomington
jaydubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #66
Stay Classy San Diego

We sold our motor home, and we’re thinking of buying 5th wheel and keeping it at our favorite camping spot. When I called today, the manager said the seasonal spots are $7000! The season is May 1-October 31, and they have a waiting list of 25 names. The campground has only been open 5 years, and it was very hard to get a weekend or weekday spot this summer as all the beautiful state parks in the area were closed due to covid for most of the season, and rv sales are through the roof.
This has got to be one of the highest rates ever, right?? I’m still laughing about it. For the record, they have almost 30 seasonal sites and are opening more. There are 190 transient sites. I love it there, but NOPE!
For the record, it’s Swan Bay RV Resort in Alexandria Bay NY. Right on the St. Lawrence, in an absolutely gorgeous area. But $7000?!
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:54 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
We sold our motor home, and we’re thinking of buying 5th wheel and keeping it at our favorite camping spot. When I called today, the manager said the seasonal spots are $7000! The season is May 1-October 31, and they have a waiting list of 25 names. The campground has only been open 5 years, and it was very hard to get a weekend or weekday spot this summer as all the beautiful state parks in the area were closed due to covid for most of the season, and rv sales are through the roof.
This has got to be one of the highest rates ever, right?? I’m still laughing about it. For the record, they have almost 30 seasonal sites and are opening more. There are 190 transient sites. I love it there, but NOPE!
For the record, it’s Swan Bay RV Resort in Alexandria Bay NY. Right on the St. Lawrence, in an absolutely gorgeous area. But $7000?!
Holy cow. the space better come with a mechanic, a massage therapist, someone to bring you your drinks and cook your food for that price.
We are a 3 minute walk from our private seasonal beach and have a concrete pad for our seasonal lot which is 40 feet wide by 100 feet deep.
have a 24 x 12 enclosed steel roof screened gazebo and 3 way 50 amp service with internet and we pay the paupers ransom of $600 Canadian for our season which is between May 1 and October 31. there is power to our trailer year round so we can also go out in the winter and stay there if we desire.

The trade off is the guys on Saturday mornings get together and cut the parks grass (using the parks lawnmowers and gas) do repairs if necessary to the guest washrooms/laundry facilities, cut trees, and do routine maintenance.

Guest camping for friends of seasonal members only is $20 Canadian a night for 3 way hook up.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:19 AM   #68
Dahagen

Going to Arizona for the winter season (October through April) can cost as much as $7 K depending upon the resort. So the prices mentioned above are not that bad.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
WOW! Not cheap! And you're right, the area and the facility is VERY nice.

We have our own seasonal site about 20 miles from Swan Bay. (Walking distance from Jacques Cartier State Park.) 540' of riverfront and 15 acres. More than once we have considered renting out some secluded seasonal sites. But then we drop it for fear of the unknown. Liability/insurance, utilities, the risk of some fool pulling the handles on their dump valves when someone isn't looking, starting an uncontrolled fire...

The waterfront state parks up there tend to be gorgeous and very well maintained. Hookups are not plentiful however. At least for the last month or 2, Jacques Cartier State Park had sites available. Their waterfront sites are gorgeous. Limited hookups...power at some. Dump station for all. There are also a fair number of private RV parks...but I'd guess most are not up to Swan Bay standards.

$7000? Yikes!
Old 09-15-2020, 12:24 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahagen View Post
Going to Arizona for the winter season (October through April) can cost as much as $7 K depending upon the resort. So the prices mentioned above are not that bad.

Quite true - we stay in Casa Grande and pay $4200 for an annual site. I know of one resort where one can pay well over $7k.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:43 PM   #71
Stay Classy San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Holy cow. the space better come with a mechanic, a massage therapist, someone to bring you your drinks and cook your food for that price.
We are a 3 minute walk from our private seasonal beach and have a concrete pad for our seasonal lot which is 40 feet wide by 100 feet deep.
have a 24 x 12 enclosed steel roof screened gazebo and 3 way 50 amp service with internet and we pay the paupers ransom of $600 Canadian for our season which is between May 1 and October 31. there is power to our trailer year round so we can also go out in the winter and stay there if we desire.

The trade off is the guys on Saturday mornings get together and cut the parks grass (using the parks lawnmowers and gas) do repairs if necessary to the guest washrooms/laundry facilities, cut trees, and do routine maintenance.

Guest camping for friends of seasonal members only is $20 Canadian a night for 3 way hook up.

That sounds wonderful! You are very lucky
Old 09-18-2020, 03:45 PM   #72
Stay Classy San Diego

Quote:
I love that the seasonal months are the exact opposite of our seasonal months
Old 09-18-2020, 04:37 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
Quite true - we stay in Casa Grande and pay $4200 for an annual site. I know of one resort where one can pay well over $7k.
That's about what our friends in Casa Grande pay. They have a park model at Sunset and pay a yearly rate.

We've stayed at Apache Junction for about $700 monthly or $4k for the year.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #74
Just as confused as you

The cg we were at just raised our rate $336 for the site. This season we paid $2560 last August with a $40 discount for cash. DW said since we don't get up there but maybe every other weekend and she wasn't going to pay $2900 for another year.

They also made changes to the contract such as Insurance Company, Agent's contact info and policy number. The change I don't agree with is they want your loan info and loan account number if you have your rv financed, this in my opinion is none of their business.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #75

Quote:
Get away from the 'fancy' places near Phoenix, there are lots of places to spend the winter in Arizona well below 7k.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #76

To Milcop 4523:

We figured we had a good deal at $1600.00 CDN near Goderich, Ont. Where are you?
amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #77
Site Team

We just received our contracts for the 2021 season. It's our 4th year at the same place and the price is still $2000.

Props to the owners for not hiking up the lot rent since they were closed to the public the entire year last year.

Counting down the days. I think we are at 21.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:39 PM   #78
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Counting down the days. I think we are at 21.

Park opens to seasonal campers this weekend

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:29 AM   #79
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Park opens to seasonal campers this weekend
Old 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM   #80

Just dropped off my 5th wheel. New price $5650. They raise it again gonna have to find a new spot.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210410_115702.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	252357
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote