Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2019, 09:25 PM   #21

I'd leave them on. As previously stated,if your row is busy going up in flames,every effort will be made to break the fire load and make a stop on it. Being you've just landed there,take your time,and let the place puddle in with you and yours. You'll most likely come to find that you've made a great choice by leaving your unit moveable. Enjoy your upcoming season!
cedarcreekbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreekbob View Post
I'd leave them on. As previously stated,if your row is busy going up in flames,every effort will be made to break the fire load and make a stop on it. Being you've just landed there,take your time,and let the place puddle in with you and yours. You'll most likely come to find that you've made a great choice by leaving your unit moveable. Enjoy your upcoming season!
X2 Think fire safety! Especially out here on the left coast.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
There are some states that will change classification of trailer/site if tires are off. I would check with your campground.

True...and this can have a significant effect on insurance. My agent cautioned me that "setup as an RV would be at say a campground" I can insure it as an RV (read: relatively low cost insurance"). However, if I where to set it up permanently with say blocks underneath it is no longer considered an RV (read: WAAY more expensive insurance.)
Old 02-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #24

We've been doing seasonal going on 5 years. We have never removed our tires in case it has to be moved. The frame is supported by block so that there is no weight on the tires or axles. We also have skirting around it, held on by c-clamps. Nothing is permanent, which also satisfies the insurance company.
macshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:43 AM   #25

Wheels up?

Wheel covers and scissor jacks to take some of the load off the tires might give you peace of mind.
Papadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:15 PM   #26

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
There are some states that will change classification of trailer/site if tires are off. I would check with your campground.
I know my sister who has her park model trailer on a private lot on a lake has to keep the tires on and registered with DMV every year. Good Luck!!
Same here, for our trailer permanently stationed in Virginia.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, wheel