Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #381

Our first season as seasonals and our first 2 tt in four months lol. First one we bought was devastated by a severe hail storm. @nd one is way bigger and better than our first. Don't recommend buying 2 travel trailers in four months but things work out lol.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #382

As the season comes to a close for those of us in the northern tiers of the USA and those in Canada I thought I'd revive this thread. Anybody new? Anybody got any stories to tell? Get a new camper? etc. Our water gets shut off on Oct 15th so DW and I are closing up this weekend . We had another great season, met some people new to the campground, and as always wonder where the past 6 months went.

5hole, how'd your deck turn out?
Bodz, sent you a PM a couple weeks ago but haven't heard back. Hope all is OK.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #383

Suffered 7000 dollars in hail damage and traded it in on a newer bigger better model. 2 camper purchases in four months lol

Life is a highway!!!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdd810 View Post
Suffered 7000 dollars in hail damage and traded it in on a newer bigger better model. 2 camper purchases in four months lol

Life is a highway!!!!!
Ouch! Sounds like a highway with a detour.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #385
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We close up the 2nd of November and make our renewals for next year. Had a great time this year, being our first as seasonals, and look forward to next. Of course we did pull it out 3-4 times for other trips. We also picked up a golf cart at the end of the season, so I'll be tricking that out over the winter. Wasn't sure I would like the seasonal thing, but have really enjoyed it.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #386

I can't see myself as a seasonal.
I like seeing new parks and new parts of our great country to much.
After all, we called it travel trailer for something !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Old 10-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #387

Worked out in the end much happier with the second one. And we didn't lose any money so all good.

Life is a highway!!!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #388

We made it through our 2nd season as seasonals. We did enjoy travel but now prefer one place . . . drive to it and open it up and relax. Have signed up for yr 3. Campground had significant hail that caused slideouts to buckle [too much hail on the slideouts] but not our camper -- thankfully. Since CG closes Oct 15 and we have every weekend booked we closed up September 21. Plans call for a new deck in spring with an add a room for DW. Golf cart was purchased last year.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #389
Site Team

We just finished up our 3rd year of seasonal camping and have already signed our contract for next year. We’ve actually been camping at this CG for about 15 years now but decided to make the jump to seasonal when I got a new job. I get home pretty late so it was always a hassle to pack up the trailer and haul it out all the time.

The CG is actually between my job and my house so I just have the wife and kids meet me there on Fridays. It’s only about 30 mins from our house so we can run back home for anything we may have forgotten as well.

We just traded in our 2008 Wildwood TT for a 2015 Sabre 36QBOK and this past weekend was our first weekend in it. We filled it up with 9 kids (our 3 plus their friends) with no problem.

This coming weekend we’ll be moving our decks back since the new trailer is positioned differently than the old one was. I also need to get some blocks under it so it doesn’t shake so much when we walk around inside it.

Only two more weekends left until they turn the water off. But with the camper being brand-new, we may still head out a few more times before the snow starts falling.

The family that owns the CG just went through a big legal battle over ownership amongst themselves but it’s all settled now. I’m hoping they’ll start putting some more money into the place. It’s gotten a little run down the past few years and they’ve lost quite a few campers because of it.

When we first started camping there we had to reserve sites months in advance for holiday weekends. Now they have ¼ the number of weekenders that they used to get.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #390
Site Team

We just got a seasonal site at the end of August and signed up thru 2015.
During this time we will evaluate the pro's and con's.
Our site has easy out for road trips.

The drive to the cg from the house is 35 miles of back roads (55-60+ mph)thru the country and not a single stoplight.

The sad part is I think this is our last weekend of camping for the season.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #391

Officially this is the end of our third season here but we get to come back next weekend to close up. I added two decks and a new screen house and we had the best weather. Looking forward to next year already......

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #392

We are winterizing our camper this weekend but will still go up till November for hunting...we just won't use the water. We will close up for good in early November. Question ~ what do you all take out of the camper over winter? Do you leave all the towels, dishes, etc? What about the bedding (after it is all washed, of course). This was our first year as a seasonal and we enjoyed it very much! Can't wait for next summer.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #393

We also will be hunting and using our Tt. Better than the old converted school bus camper lol

Life is a highway!!!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #394
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
We are winterizing our camper this weekend but will still go up till November for hunting...we just won't use the water. We will close up for good in early November. Question ~ what do you all take out of the camper over winter? Do you leave all the towels, dishes, etc? What about the bedding (after it is all washed, of course). This was our first year as a seasonal and we enjoyed it very much! Can't wait for next summer.
No towels, no clothes , no food, no bedding, leave the dishes. Use a few damprid buckets too. Keep fridge n freezer open.
Lots of bounce dryer sheets, in drawers, closets, cabinets, and everywhere.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #395

All of our stuff is stored in bins after washing and bins are stacked in the camper for winter - take out anything paper, plastic or fabric that mice might chew !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #396

We take home all linens, throw rugs and pots/pans, toaster, coffee maker, etc in our bottom cabinets. Every thing in the drawers like silverware, anything to do with cooking/serving food comes home. We do leave plates, bowls, coffee cups, turvis tumblers etc in the upper cabinets. Lots of fresh cab and Bounce sheets in every drawer and cabinet as well as scattered throughout the camper. Peppermint oil on cotton balls in garage and in the trailer too. Man it smells good when we open it up in the spring. Three damprid buckets too. I also leave the vent lid in the bathroom open about 1/8". On yeah, I take the tv's home too.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #397
Minnesotan

Closing up this weekend. Sad for the season to come to an end. I enjoyed seasonal camping. Although my 15 yr old DD thought it was boring to go to the same place every weekend. I am looking forward to a few road trips next summer. Planning to purchase a truck over the winter. I've signed for a seasonal site in a different campground for 2015.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #398
Mij

We had a great season this year minus a couple curve balls, which life is like that. My family lost our black lab to cancer in the spring, and I lost our awning in an overnight rainstorm this past June. We have since rescued another dog who is adjusted to camping great and have replaced the awning. We shared our camper with an exchange student from Spain for a month and have a ton of great memories from this season. We are closing up Sunday and look forward to next year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140615_101034.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	390.6 KB
ID:	64549   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140615_101049.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	452.8 KB
ID:	64550   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140624_124716.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	452.0 KB
ID:	64551  
Old 10-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #399
Site Team

It's sucks when friends/fellow campers decide to pull out for one reason or another. We'll probably keep in touch via Facebook and they say they'll come back to visit from time to time but we'll see.

I also ended up with a bunch of "stuff" that they didn't want or need anymore. A piece of a deck, some wooden steps, bricks to surround the campfire ring, a couple of bicycles...

It's still bitter-sweet.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #400
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Peppermint oil on cotton balls in garage and in the trailer too. .
About how many cotton balls do you use? I read it has to be 100% peppermint oil with only a few drops per ball.

Zelda the campin dog
Closed Thread