Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Nice! The Cedar Creeks are really beautiful! Keep us posted with pics of your new camper and site.
Hi bodzcampers,
Thanks, I will post pics as soon as we can. For now it is just the long wait.
Todd
Old 08-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #222

We are in our second season at The Great Divide in Sussex County NJ. We purchased a Crusader 295RST in April of this year and put it on the same spot. We live at the Jersey Shore so when we come on the weekend we are basically going against the traffic. I work in Manhattan so its easy for my wife to pick me up at the train on Friday night and we are set. We still were able to take it on a 10 day trip to break up the monotony.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-397128406.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	38004
Old 08-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #223

Great looking site!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #224

I would give anything if we had seasonal parks like a lot of you have access to. Would much rather pay for that than storage every month. In Texas most places charge by the month and you pay electric and sometimes other fees, with the exception being down in the Valley where all the winter Texans go. You really cant customize your site either...bummer for us!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #225

Well, it's official. I have the contract in hand for a seasonal site next year at Heaven's Up North in Lakewood, WI. It is currently occupied and I don't get to move in until May 1st next year (unless they move out early) but we are super excited. I'll have to snap a picture when we go up there next time. The nice part is that it is actually a year round campground. If I so choose, I could go camping in the dead of winter. Now that list starts of what I want to do to make the space my own. It's going to be a long/fun winter ....
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #226
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by travyp View Post
Well, it's official. I have the contract in hand for a seasonal site next year at Heaven's Up North in Lakewood, WI. It is currently occupied and I don't get to move in until May 1st next year (unless they move out early) but we are super excited. I'll have to snap a picture when we go up there next time. The nice part is that it is actually a year round campground. If I so choose, I could go camping in the dead of winter. Now that list starts of what I want to do to make the space my own. It's going to be a long/fun winter ....
That sounds like so much fun travyp!! Congrats!!! We would love to see some pics! Love the idea of being able to go there during the winter to enjoy winter camping without the towing to get there! Home sweet home away from home!
Have fun!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #227
MI Camperz

Quote:
Welcome to seasonal camping! We share your excitement. The winters are indeed long waiting for opening...the last few weeks are the looooongest! Lucky you though....once you open next spring, you can go in winter too. Our CG closes oct 31-april 1st with Sundays being the only day we can stop by to check on things.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #228
MI Camperz

Well, it's almost time for the season to end. Our CG closes October 31st.
Still time for a few more laps around the lake, a few more campfires, and a lot of closing up work. It's much quieter here these days with many of the seasonal people gone already, and far few occasional campers too. I will enjoy the turn of colors and cooler weather though.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Well, it's almost time for the season to end. Our CG closes October 31st.
Still time for a few more laps around the lake, a few more campfires, and a lot of closing up work. It's much quieter here these days with many of the seasonal people gone already, and far few occasional campers too. I will enjoy the turn of colors and cooler weather though.
Our CG closes 10/13. I can't believe the season is over. This was our second season here and we love it. you are right..... time to take out the winter checklist.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #230

Our seasonal camping ends on 10/31, but the campground remains open all year. I generally go down for deer season, but I will be in a cabin this year and next, since I still have a one week cabin rental voucher for them, but will be back in the camper after that. Our camper will stay on site all year, the only difference is, between 10/31 and 4/1 is has to be tow ready. After 4/1 it can be left ready to camp. We can still use it through the winter if we want to, but don't make it down much in the off months.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #231

travyp,
Congrats on securing your seasonal site from a fellow Wisconsinite! We really enjoy the whole 'turn key' approach to this different style of camping. It'll take you awhile to get your site set up the way you want/like. Just don't try to do too much at a time, after all your there to enjoy yourselves. Looking forward to some pics.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmac1964 View Post
Our seasonal camping ends on 10/31, but the campground remains open all year. I generally go down for deer season, but I will be in a cabin this year and next, since I still have a one week cabin rental voucher for them, but will be back in the camper after that. Our camper will stay on site all year, the only difference is, between 10/31 and 4/1 is has to be tow ready. After 4/1 it can be left ready to camp. We can still use it through the winter if we want to, but don't make it down much in the off months.
I'm confused. If it is open year round, why does it have to be tow ready? What is the purpose of that? Our contract goes May 1st to April 31st and I did not see any stipulation that it can't be used as much as desired. They just won't be up in the office but reachable by phone if a need arises. October 12th we are going up there for a Halloween party and will snap a few pictures. Maybe the current people will even be moving out by then. I know I should take it slow but I like to have everything done and then relax after . I'll def show progress as it happens. This winter is going to be a long one. Oh and thanks Wiscampsin
Old 09-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #233

Quote:
I'm confused. If it is open year round,
Our seasonal sites only go from 4/1 to 10/31, after that it is considered to be in storage. During the storage portion of the year, they want it to be tow ready in case they have to do maintenance on the site, or surrounding area. That way all they have to do is hood it, and move it out of the way. I can still use it whenever I want, but that is their rules, so i abide by them. Last year was the first year they actually let us store them on site. before that, we had to either put them in the storage lot at the campground, or take them to storage somewhere else.

I don't really mind it. Being two hours from the campground, if there is a problem with trees or something, I can have them move it, and save myself 5 hours or so of driving and moving a camper around.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 10-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #234

With the beautiful weather this past weekend it was hard to believe it was time but we winterized yesterday and closed the book on our 6th season at our seasonal site. Water is shut off tomorrow. Hosted the campfire Saturday night for all our friends, a good time was had by all . At least we get together with some of them over the winter.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #235
One Happy Camper!

Im going out to ours this weekend to close up for the season. My camper will be in service most of the winter, so it is really just to clean up the lot. It's always sad at the end of the season.

SPPD

TV: 15 F-250 Crew 6.2 short bed, ProPride Hitch
1995 Jayco Eagle 304 BH sold- March 2013
1978 Nomad 18 sold- April 2005
Old 10-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #236

Yes done camping for another year, the weather made for a great last weekend camping.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #237

Plan to winterize on the weekend of 11/1. The next two weekends will be trick or treat at the campground, and then close it up for the season the next. Gonna miss it, but I'm also looking forward to some weekends at home. We have been at the camper every weekend but one since the first of April.
99 Club Car Golf Cart
Old 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #238
MI Camperz

KIT over the winter everyone. We're closing 10/30.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #239

We closed 3 weeks ago and am glad we did even though we hate doing it. As I type this it is now snowing at our campground and has been below freezing for several nights.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #240

Our water is still on and the crappies are still biting, just can't bring myself to leave.we still have flowers blooming and haven't had a hard freeze yet in southern Michigan.
Closed Thread