Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #41

We fall into the "Nay" category on this one. It's the variety that we like. We typically stay in state parks. My experience with "RV Resorts" has been less than impressive.
WillFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #42

We have just recently got back into camping after retirement. Our Windjammer has seen a couple of long trips from central Canada to the east coast and other shorter trips. Last year we decided to give seasonal camping a try to see if we would like it. I feel like we have the best of both worlds since we picked a site that is easy in and out. If we want to take a vacation away, then off we go. Otherwise, we have a nice spot to park our trailer all year (too tight a fit for our driveway) and we can use it May to October if we aren't on the road. Our campground is very well maintained and allows both seasonals and short stay campers. We have friendly neighbors but also have a chance to meet the travellers just stopping for a night or two. Even though retired, we don't want to be travelling all the time, so a seasonal spot works well for us and allows us to get more use out of our trailer. Unlock the trailer, turn on the water, get a cold drink and sit on the deck - works for us!!
geridave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:37 PM   #43
Another adventure awaits!

We do both ... We have a seasonal site which we enjoy on the long weekends and weekends while working and we pull it out and travel with it while on holidays ... Best of both worlds! By doing this get to enjoy trailer much more than we would otherwise ... And yes we keep it maintained ...
HESN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #44

No place to park at house so I would have to pay storage fee. Put on seasonal site and we use as we see fit. Pull out when we wish. and have a nice storage spot for the off season. Works for us.
INBtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #45

My 2 cents worth FWIW

We are in our 6th season of seasonal camping, 10 minutes from our Condo. While we were both working we were there most evenings and weekends, great times especially when the kids and grandkids came around. Nothing at all to do for kids but they love visiting the campground where imagination makes up for not having a playground.

We usually take the fiver to Pigeon Forge and Paintsville Lake (KY) a couple of times per year, no longer trips to date but that is about to change.

DW and I retired this year and when our season ends at Steamboat Bend on Nov. 1 we will experience our first long haul - to FL.

We like seasonal camping as we get to meet a lot of different people who visit Steamboat Bend for a few weeks or months. We have only stayed in our condo for 12 nights since July 1, and that was because the temperature was in the 90's for nearly two weeks. Having a second home or vacation home is something we both thoroughly enjoy. I guess we are blessed to have the best of both worlds right now.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:53 PM   #46

We have been seasonal campers for 11 years now we love it I don't know about anyone else but I do wash and wax my camper on site and get to do all we want
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:55 PM   #47
Who Dares, Wins

I have only ever seen one campground allow washing on site and they charged $10. But I guess being a high paying seasonal.. It's just the least they can do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by INBtb View Post
No place to park at house so I would have to pay storage fee. Put on seasonal site and we use as we see fit. Pull out when we wish. and have a nice storage spot for the off season. Works for us.
X2

Bruce
Old 09-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #49

I agree with bikendan wheels roll for a reason

Ken and Denise new SOB Imagine2019 2850mk 2017 Ram 2500 ctd.
previous 2015 shamrock23s,2015 Ram Eco diesel
previous 1997 coleman highlander pup,1994 35rb Vectra,diesel,2007 Fleetwood arcadia pup.2005 ram
kennyairport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:42 PM   #50

We are yah and nay, we had our last trailer on a seasonal site for 6 years. We found we were making the 6 hour (each way) trip way to many times a month and there was to much labour maintaining the entire site. We seemsd to be the fixers for everyone else that stayed here. The previous two years we have been on the road for summers and it's been great. This year we took the trailer back and set it up again and nothing changed, too much labour involved. Trailer stayed two months and I got the 10 hr job of moving it out and winterizing the entire site again. Next year we are on the road again. On more trip out in October and then winterized the trailer, if it was still on site it would be closed up and winterized already. I'm happier to be able to move.
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #51
MCTroy

We have been in our seasonal site for 20 years. I like being able to go anytime and no set up. When I camp alone, I feel much safer in a campground where I know my neighbors. Since we also enjoy our boat, we can have both at the same place at the same time. We can wash and wax to our heart's content too.
In the spring and fall we take a road trip. But all summer, while you are packing and setting up, I will be entertaining friends and sipping a cold beverage!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:09 PM   #52

We done both over the years ... the convenience of being seasonal at a good place has kept us doing so for the past 5 years now, and the kids just love it.

By far we have spent way more nights in our trailer doing seasonal, than we would have ever been able to do if transient camping.

Stages in each persons life will have a direct effect on which suits them best ... there will be plenty of time to travel once the kids are out on their own ...
Old 09-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #53

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We do both right now. Last weekend were at our Park Model call the Trottage, spent a week there prior to Labour Day as I was working and close t work with a shorter commute. This weekend we off to Lake Huron to camp at ur favourite Provincial Park. Seasonal site closes Oct 10th so we have a month of RV travel yet at the very least. We liked travelling this summer to Nashville (too hot) and Goshen. Both work for us.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #54

We have a seasonal site, had it since '92. Used to go every weekend, but as life changed, we went less and less. We are part owners, so we still have the site... my parents, Uncle and Brother all camp there. We have an old TT with a roof built over it; it's still in pretty good shape. Last year we bought a road worthy TT and now are taking it on the road. I guess it's a matter of perspective.... I get pretty board staying at the same place.

We camped in our new trailer there last weekend, and we're going to be there again this weekend.... mostly to spend time with my parents and continue setting up the new trailer. We have 3 more camping trips planned this fall, I like that a lot more at this point.
2016 - 47 nights
2017 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #55

We have done seasonal for three years now. Happened by accident. I first bought a camper to live in while working out of town. When I gave up that job I told DW if we were going to keep this thing we were going to use it not park it. Set up a weekend early in the year, wound up extending that for a month and then extending for the whole year.

Stayed there another year till weird rules started coming up and moved to where we are now. But we have decided that next year we will be more mobile. Go were we want when we want. Even bought a smaller trailer so it is easier to move around.

I love going but must admit some weekends I feel like I have to go because we have paid for the season. But driving up and turning on the water in lieu of setting all up is attractive also.

We are looking forward to exploring more next year. This year we have pulled out three times to go to different places. Once back to the east coast for a week. Others in the CG look at you funny when you are gone for a couple of weekends.
Lost Vermonters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:35 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by HESN22 View Post
We do both ... We have a seasonal site which we enjoy on the long weekends and weekends while working and we pull it out and travel with it while on holidays ... Best of both worlds! By doing this get to enjoy trailer much more than we would otherwise ... And yes we keep it maintained ...
x2
psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping