Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #21

That sounds like you have a great setup for your needs.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #22

I think so. We have a 12 x 12 screen house, but may not get it up this year due to my health issues. If we could, it is a great place to live. We want to purchase a small fridge and have it in the screen house. We use pvc pipes around the inside and then hang shower curtains from the pipes. This keeps most of the rain out, and offers some privacy but mostly want to keep the rain out.
wiscoheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #23
King of the Road

Not really a seasonal, Snowbird here. Winters south, back to Colorado and parts north in the summer. Stick to west, avoid the west coast except for quick visits with friends made.

Rented out my condo, on the road during the summer, roots down is Southern AZ in the winter for 6 months. I like the stability. Also $$ is a factor. Living on SS and savings, need to be aware of what $$ is spent on. Now that fuel is way cheaper than before I can travel more/see more. But every $ spent on fuel means something else has to go. Shorter trips perhaps, less FHU sites. As it's just me and little Jasper, I get to missing the interaction with people so full time boondocking is not really for me.

I like to be in one place for the winter, have made a lot of friends and look forward to seeing them each winter.

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #24

Always nice to hang out with friends while camping.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #25

This is our first year with a seasonal site. I honestly don't see what the attraction is.

When we camp, i want quiet and privacy. I'd stay home if I wanted to talk to friends and neighbors.

Our back yard has a pool and a fire pit so staying at the house has it all over our seasonal site anyways.

It is convenient to just drive to the camper, but after an hour or so it's just the same site all over again. Also, for the amount we are using it, the cost doesn't seem to outweigh the benefit.

I see people in our seasonal campground and they have decks, cook houses and all manner of structures built. Some have houses built as big as (or bigger) than their trailers. Some trailers have even been there so long the wheels have sunk in to the ground up to the rim. That just doesn't seem like "camping" to me. It's like they wanted a cottage but couldn't afford one. If that's what floats your boat, go for it.

Our seasonal is only 1200 CAD a year. That's electric and water. Sewer is a dump station for the park. None on sites. They do have johnny bucks for you to use though.

We typically don't deal with waiting to dump at any campsites around here, let alone line ups. Almost no parks have sewer on sites either. Just the way it is.

So seasonal is not for me. I want to pull up on a riverside/ravine/wooded area/etc, throw out a lawn chair and enjoy nature (well, as much as you can in a 35 footer, LOL). Also doesn't hurt if it's got water and 30A service!

At least we can say we've tried seasonal. Our trailer will likely come home at the end of the season and we won't be going back. Just not a fit for us.

Different strokes and whatnot.....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #26

Seasonal is not for everyone. We compared the costs for towing, campsite, the time to set up and take down, the time wasted waiting for the campground to allow us in and the time we have to leave by . . . . and it was cost effective to be seasonal. We do enjoy our neighbors and time away from home. I have a stressful position and time away is helpful for blood pressure. We love our home and our neighbors, the campsite allows us to enjoy others from different parts of the state of WI. I will admit that the main reason for seasonal is that we don't want to tow our 36' foot trailer anymore.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post

I see people in our seasonal campground and they have decks, cook houses and all manner of structures built. Some have houses built as big as (or bigger) than their trailers. Some trailers have even been there so long the wheels have sunk in to the ground up to the rim. That just doesn't seem like "camping" to me. It's like they wanted a cottage but couldn't afford one. If that's what floats your boat, go for it.
Don't think your seasonal campground would work for me either.

This season our new cg management has rid the park of the trailer trash, structures other then decks and 8x8 sheds are gone. I wanna feel like Im camping and not in a subdivision eye sores.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #28

We rent 2 lots at a family owned and operated cg with a small lake. Our closest neighbors are at least 150 feet away. There are small ravines with trees separating us from either neighbor. Our lots overlook the lake and the weekend campers are across the lake from the seasonal campers. Our house is located 20 minutes from the campground, so it’s really easy for us to be at the campground within an hour of getting home from work. We really enjoy our neighbors and have cookouts, fish fry’s, and impromptu baked goods get togethers almost every weekend. And they are kept informal enough that if we don’t feel like attending, we don’t. No one gets offended if someone chooses not to attend. We also enjoy talking rides around the campground on our golf cart and stopping and chatting with people or just waving and saying hello to everyone especially the young children. It usually takes us a half hour to get everything ready once we arrive and about an hour to pack up to go home. Now that I’m retired, I hope to spend a little extra time at the lake this coming spring and summer fishing and relaxing while my wife is at work. We were both still working last summer and only spent weekends at the lake. We basically got tired of packing up the entire camper every weekend and basically spending the little time at this same campground, so we rented the 2 lots 2 summers ago and moved to the other side of the lake and it’s been there for the past 2 summers and we love it. The dog evidently loves it too because gets extremely excited when we start loading the camping gear .
Turtle47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Unlock the door, unpack the cooler, awning out, relax! Plus all the great friends we've made over the years.
This ^^

We've camped for the season at our favourite Provincial Park for a few years now. Just this season we're getting into a long-term permanent campground in that same park.

The park once and never again, unlock & unwind.

countdown is on....4m12d until the planned possession date. And then the real fun begins, developing the campsite!
2006 Dodge RAM 2500 TRX4 Cummins
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 35K
just4u_cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4u_cara View Post
This ^^

We've camped for the season at our favourite Provincial Park for a few years now. Just this season we're getting into a long-term permanent campground in that same park.

The park once and never again, unlock & unwind.

countdown is on....4m12d until the planned possession date. And then the real fun begins, developing the campsite!
That's what we did 3 years ago. Bought the trailer site unseen and the campsite sight unseen

Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	194074
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
That's what we did 3 years ago. Bought the trailer site unseen and the campsite sight unseen

Attachment 194074
We are buying into an existing campground development as they're adding new sites this spring. We have friends in the development already so we're familiar with the layout and amenities. There are guidelines for site improvements we must follow. This year will be fencing to block the wind and trees put in to get growing.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle47 View Post
We rent 2 lots at a family owned and operated cg with a small lake. Our closest neighbors are at least 150 feet away. There are small ravines with trees separating us from either neighbor. Our lots overlook the lake and the weekend campers are across the lake from the seasonal campers. Our house is located 20 minutes from the campground, so it’s really easy for us to be at the campground within an hour of getting home from work. We really enjoy our neighbors and have cookouts, fish fry’s, and impromptu baked goods get togethers almost every weekend. And they are kept informal enough that if we don’t feel like attending, we don’t. No one gets offended if someone chooses not to attend. We also enjoy talking rides around the campground on our golf cart and stopping and chatting with people or just waving and saying hello to everyone especially the young children. It usually takes us a half hour to get everything ready once we arrive and about an hour to pack up to go home. Now that I’m retired, I hope to spend a little extra time at the lake this coming spring and summer fishing and relaxing while my wife is at work. We were both still working last summer and only spent weekends at the lake. We basically got tired of packing up the entire camper every weekend and basically spending the little time at this same campground, so we rented the 2 lots 2 summers ago and moved to the other side of the lake and it’s been there for the past 2 summers and we love it. The dog evidently loves it too because gets extremely excited when we start loading the camping gear .
We do much the same with our seasonal site. There are 15 campsites in our little campground by the Ohio River, but ours are a lot closer together than yours. We have a central building with kitchen and eating area where we often get together for special occasion meals and almost anytime qualifies for that! Have been adding to our deck very year it seems like. We spend as many weekends there as we can but we also still travel for our vacations a few weeks a year ( yeah, still got to do that work thing ), and we just hook up and leave from the seasonal site. Got to tired of seeing our camper sit at the house between vacations so we found a campsite along the river and tried it out one year, liked the convenience of getting away for short weekends. Sorry, getting long winded. Will try to attach pic of our river site.

Name:	20180423_160606.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	194096
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz1 View Post
We do much the same with our seasonal site. There are 15 campsites in our little campground by the Ohio River, but ours are a lot closer together than yours. We have a central building with kitchen and eating area where we often get together for special occasion meals and almost anytime qualifies for that! Have been adding to our deck very year it seems like. We spend as many weekends there as we can but we also still travel for our vacations a few weeks a year ( yeah, still got to do that work thing ), and we just hook up and leave from the seasonal site. Got to tired of seeing our camper sit at the house between vacations so we found a campsite along the river and tried it out one year, liked the convenience of getting away for short weekends. Sorry, getting long winded. Will try to attach pic of our river site.
Attachment 194096

What state are you in? We are in south central Indiana about an hour north of the river.
Turtle47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle47 View Post
What state are you in? We are in south central Indiana about an hour north of the river.
Our campsite is in Ohio but we live in WV. So we have both sides of the river covered!
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:42 PM   #35

Our seasonal lot is my little vacation paradise away from home. I love to kick back by the fire, read books, listen to the birds, do a little grilling... Our campground is about a half hour from our house. All I have to do after work on Friday afternoon is show up with food and clothes, unpack, and get the fire going.

We added the bar and grilling area last summer (we're fully aware that we're deep into the "glamping" side of things ).

MIRedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRedbird View Post
Our seasonal lot is my little vacation paradise away from home. I love to kick back by the fire, read books, listen to the birds, do a little grilling... Our campground is about a half hour from our house. All I have to do after work on Friday afternoon is show up with food and clothes, unpack, and get the fire going.

We added the bar and grilling area last summer (we're fully aware that we're deep into the "glamping" side of things ).

Glamping is how we camp, too! Nice site love the rock and paver patio.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:52 AM   #37

this will be our 2nd full summer at our seasonal lot. 35ft by 85 ft long

seasonal but we have it for all yr. trailer and everything just stays there over winter

includes unlimited power, water, sewer, garbage

4 lakes close by

boat launch 2 minutes away

we built a small deck last yr. was nice. everything stays clean. dont need shoes etc

no towing, double gas, moving, cleaning, setup, take down, dumping, filling, parking, power cords, paying, planning, booking, places full, be out by certain time, etc on and on

drive up thurs afternoon and come home sunday every week. 1.5hrs

just bring some food and fresh clothes with us and thats it. Relax, bike, hike, beach, take boat our out one one of the 4 lakes near by.

went up early this yr and built a nice small 8x12ft bunkhouse/storage. with small fridge, ice maker. store drinks and icemaker for boat cooler. friends can stay over if they want. and made deck a bit bigger as well

why would i want to waste time driving all over the place? no thanks

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190508_212307 copy.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	205678   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190508_212318 copy.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	205679   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180817_121534 copy.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	205680   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180727_111554 copy.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	205681  
calltrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:01 AM   #38

Something to consider when getting a "Seasonal" site, "what is the potential for FLOODING ??" There were several Seasonal campgrounds that were completely wiped out this spring in Eastern Nebraska. One didn't allow items left thru the winter, so those people were okay, except some moved their trailers to a storage lot nearby that had 6 feet of water in it for a month. The other park closer to us...2018 was it's first summer, all items could be left thru the winter. 98% of all the trailers in the park were destroyed in the March flooding. Just yesterday I saw them pulling another trailer out of the lake and two more remain mostly submerged. Just something to think about when deciding on a Seasonal Campground.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Something to consider when getting a "Seasonal" site, "what is the potential for FLOODING ??" There were several Seasonal campgrounds that were completely wiped out this spring in Eastern Nebraska. One didn't allow items left thru the winter, so those people were okay, except some moved their trailers to a storage lot nearby that had 6 feet of water in it for a month. The other park closer to us...2018 was it's first summer, all items could be left thru the winter. 98% of all the trailers in the park were destroyed in the March flooding. Just yesterday I saw them pulling another trailer out of the lake and two more remain mostly submerged. Just something to think about when deciding on a Seasonal Campground.
We left the first CG we were seasonal at due to flooding. We always knew it was a possibility but when we moved up to a 5th wheel, it got more difficult to find someone to pull it out.

So we went to another CG that also flooded, but the section we were in never did.

Now were are at a CG that AFAIK, has never had a flooding problem. We are on a hill so If the water ever gets to a point where our trailer is in trouble, I'll expect to see an Ark floating by...
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote