Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #1

were now seasonal campers

Just made the deposit on Thursday. so we are now first time seasonal campers at cedar creek campground in Bayville NJ..th manager just called us to let us know we got the site we really wanted..lots to plan over the winter..cant wait till next spring already lol
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #2

Congrats on getting the seasonal site you wanted. It's a different kind of camping. We did our fair share of seeing the U.S.A and Canada when the kids were young. This is our 7th year being seasonal and we really enjoy the 'turn key' approach - unlock door, stock fridge and pantry, deploy awning, open beverage and relax. Once DW retires we'll probably do more travelling but for now the seasonal life style is still working for us. BTW do a search and you'll find a couple forum threads about seasonal camping.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Congrats on getting the seasonal site you wanted. It's a different kind of camping. We did our fair share of seeing the U.S.A and Canada when the kids were young. This is our 7th year being seasonal and we really enjoy the 'turn key' approach - unlock door, stock fridge and pantry, deploy awning, open beverage and relax. Once DW retires we'll probably do more travelling but for now the seasonal life style is still working for us. BTW do a search and you'll find a couple forum threads about seasonal camping.

X2 - we love our seasonal set up too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #4

welcome to the ranks of seasonal camping we are compleating our 9th season and love it our campers 20 mins from home so we can go whenever we get the itch enjoy
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #5

We love our season site too! Just wish it was longer. We are there from May 1st to October 15th.

2006 Salem Forest River
392 FKTB
Old 09-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #6

Congrats on getting A site near the shore.
We will be up that way At Sea Pirate campGround next weekend. In West Creek
CAUTION behind this truck is A contagious disease!!!
Its called Camping!!!
kirk37r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #7
Site Team

I didn't really think about it before but I can see the value of "turn key" RVing.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #8

We are seasonal and love it. We drive 35 minutes to the RV Park on Thursday and return home on Monday. We have made some friends there and love hanging out at the pool during the day and around the fire at night.
The season starts April 1st to Oct.31. The rate next year will be $3,500 plus electric (around $35 per mo.). We could store it there all winter at this rate but we'll store at an indoor facility to keep it out of the harsh Michigan winter weather.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
TnT

The other nice thing about seasonal camping some place to park the camper for the winter. Don't have to take up driveway space.

2016 F350 Dually
2014 Spartan 1032
2010 F250 it went to a new owner
2008 Harley Road Glide
TnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #10

Scrubby,
Congrats on your new seasonal site. Glad you got the site you wanted.
The wife and I made our deposit a couple weeks ago for our first season as seasonal campers too. The campground is making a new site for us @ Indian Creek RV & Camping Resort
I think it will be nice not having to load the truck and camper, tow it all out to the same place, pack it up and repeat. The wife already is making plans to have her lady friends out there without the husbands and with the trailer already there, she will be able to do that.
Looking forward to may 1st.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Scrubby,
Congrats on your new seasonal site. Glad you got the site you wanted.
The wife and I made our deposit a couple weeks ago for our first season as seasonal campers too. The campground is making a new site for us @ Indian Creek RV & Camping Resort
I think it will be nice not having to load the truck and camper, tow it all out to the same place, pack it up and repeat. The wife already is making plans to have her lady friends out there without the husbands and with the trailer already there, she will be able to do that.
Looking forward to may 1st.
crunchman
Its funny you say that your wife is already making plans with her girlfriends with out you.. my wife is doing the same thing..
good luck with your new site.. we are already looking forward to next spring..
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubby View Post
Its funny you say that your wife is already making plans with her girlfriends with out you.. my wife is doing the same thing..
good luck with your new site.. we are already looking forward to next spring..
I think it is funny too. We have friends at another campground and they did the girls only weekend but they could not make fire. Guess were good for something.
I bought some fire starter sticks and a bottle of charcol lighter fluid. She'll make a fire next time.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #13
I owe it all to bacon.

We are seasonal campers and we love it. Congrats!
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #14

We went seasonal last year for the first time. We were worried about it thinking we would miss the different campgrounds but we were surprised how much we loved seasonal. In fact we just traded in our fiver for a destination trailer for this coming season. We are super excited for the season to start. We get more excited about camping since going to seasonal.
Charndog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper