Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2022, 09:25 PM   #21

Trying to Sell My Travel Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachaser186 View Post
I listed my travel trailer on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace about a month ago with very little interest. Has the market cooled down that much? I think it has, might have to drop the price significantly or just keep it. I know about RV Trader, can someone suggest another site I can try. Thanks

Depending on how vested you are in selling it. Have you tried an RV dealership to see if they will take it in on consignment. You won’t make as much on it but you won’t need to store it. Some of the local dealers where I live actually advertise looking for consignment trailers.

Might be an option for you and the dealer does the haggling.
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:45 PM   #22
Lorenc

I would be interested in the propride how much are you asking for that and where is it located?
Loren Clarkson
lorenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:09 PM   #23

These posts are all very interesting. We will be looking to sell our 2012 Georgetown 360 after our winter trip and your suggestions are very helpful.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:56 PM   #24

Sales

I always buy used. I would check out prices on RV Trader and RVT to see if you are close to going price for your model. I have listed w/ both. RV Trader is viewed by more, but always had more luck selling off RVT. I last sold my TT and got what I was asking 2 years ago. Remember you can always drop the price a little, you can not go up. It took me several weeks to sell, but I had an unusual TT.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:03 AM   #25

Thanks
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:06 AM   #26

Lower your price.

2021 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS

Victron MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 Solar installation
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 08:29 AM   #27

Quote:
I listed my travel trailer on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace about a month ago with very little interest. Has the market cooled down that much? I think it has, might have to drop the price significantly or just keep it. I know about RV Trader, can someone suggest another site I can try. Thanks

Listed my travel trailer on RV Trader 1st of December and it sold in one month. I also believe that many people are leery of ads on Craigslist.
allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 08:55 AM   #28
D W

Just like real estate, location, location, location. Perhaps the market is saturated in that area. AS others have said, it could be a cold weather seasonal thing where interest is low at this time.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 09:44 AM   #29

You may have to be a little more patient. This is March and many people don't start camping this early. Also, you're trying to sell a 2015 model and you're going to have to rely on somewhere like RV trader to help determine a price for your area of the country. It's a bit like selling a house... all you need is the right person reading your ad. Do you have an online neighborhood newspaper/newsletter in your area?
Or you may have to hang onto it if you can't sell it for the price you want.
Old 03-14-2022, 09:58 AM   #30
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar View Post
Listed my travel trailer on RV Trader 1st of December and it sold in one month. I also believe that many people are leery of ads on Craigslist.
Hired my last 3 home health aids for my parents on Craigslist. Turned out to be the among the best people I've ever met. Of course, thorough interviews were conducted. You have to be careful no matter what system you use. I once tried to get a John Deere Gator on Facebook marketplace. Was a total fraud. They all have their pitfalls.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 04:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Ahhhh the ol' bunkhouse trailers. The dreamboats of grandparents everywhere that have fantasies of their grandchildren coming RV'ing with them so they bought a lot of bunk space. Then after two trips, the kiddies lost interest, or became teens and that was that. Kind of glad I got a 2 person trailer!

Amen brother, never buy for what you think "other" people will do. They are never as enthused as I am.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 06:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
If you are describing it in your listing as a travel trailer, that may be your problem.
When I looked it up it came up as a 5th wheel and should be described as such. While your price MAY be a bit high for a fifth wheel, it is completely unreasonable for a travel trailer. Folks may be seeing the price and the words travel trailer and putting them together and moving on without actually looking it up.
Just a thought.

The RK is a travel trailer. The RL is a fifth wheel.
Plus it's listed with a Propride hitch.
gw1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 07:21 PM   #33

Quote:
I listed our trailer on Marketplace and sold it in 2 days, for our asking price, 2013 8329ss Rockwood
LBOBIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 07:34 PM   #34

It may be a little early for serious rv shoppers. Whichever advertisers you choose , include alot of pics and as much info as possible, upgrades mods and such. Exposure is your best salesman. Have you explored consignment with a local auto or rv dealer. More physical viewers than add readers may help.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:07 PM   #35

Selling your RV

The current prices for fuel may have something to do with the hesitation of a lot of people, to buy.
My Class C likes to drink gas and it has me looking at the prices at the pump.
Cold Lake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:28 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Lake Kid View Post
The current prices for fuel may have something to do with the hesitation of a lot of people, to buy.
My Class C likes to drink gas and it has me looking at the prices at the pump.

Yeah, between fuel and weather, give it a little time.
Crude dropped like 20% in the last week. Probably take a month or two for gas to fall.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:32 AM   #37

I imagine, with inflation and fuel prices increasing so rapidly in the last 14 months, that sales are becoming very slow now for the RV industry as a whole.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:47 AM   #38

First step verify your asking price is current with that particular model by researching RV Trader. Second, you will get a lot more hits on RV Trader because, well, its all about RV. People Google RV models and one of the first sites that come up are RV Trader and it's cousin.

Third, April-June are the hot months for RV sales, so be patient. I listed mine in October, no hits until May, sold in June. I took out a 1 year ad. Was worth every penny.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:06 AM   #39

A Different Thought...

Personally, I find MOST ads are woefully presented...blurry, dark, or unflattering pictures, very few pictures, bad camera angles, few close-ups, mediocre or too brief descriptions, little to no appeal to the 'recreational vehicle' aspect of a trailer, etc.

Recommendations:
1. Many flattering pictures of all sides, all slides, all features, and all accessories in action or active use. A walk-around and walk-through video with lots of wide angle perspective is also very good.
2. Full justification in the description for the asking price, including model condition, exclusivity, upgrades, estimated mileage, bonus features, etc.
3. Broad-based description that can appeal to the young couple, the young family, the older couple, & etc., convenience, handling while towing, ability to handle 'toys' or sports/outdoor equipment, improvements, etc.
4. A FIRM price usually means 1) This is the bank payoff (only) or you've included your out of pocket expenses, or 2) I have confidence this RV will sell to the right person within 2 to 3 weeks at my price, or 3) I'm not interested in entertaining ANY offers...& etc.

Certainly everybody has their own experiences and varying degrees of success with RV ads, but I find in my own experience that these types of detailed and 'over the top helpful' pictures and descriptions get my attention first and best. YMMV
Old 03-18-2022, 12:15 PM   #40
jkoenig24

Craigslist has FAR too many scammers in my experience. I've had good luck with general merchandise on FB Marketplace. As others have mentioned, RVTrader.com is RV specific and, pulls in a wide audience (as does this forum). Have you considered camping in an RV park over a weekend and having a visible "For Sale" sign on your rig?
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer