RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-08-2020, 06:15 AM   #1

2020 38re

Hi. New to the forum. Just brought home a brand new 2020 leftover 38RE from Florida to PA. Does anybody have experience in winterizing this unit. It has the washer/dryer, dishwasher and residential fridge with ice maker? Experienced some other issues with on the way home. Our walk through was at 9:00 AM. When in the couch, the a/c seemed fine. On our first stop for the night, we determined only 1 of the a/c's was working. The next day a call to our salesman and no response. finally at 4:45 I called the dealer again (camping world tampa) and got the service dept. They put a tech on the phone and after asking us some questions and results, he indicated there wasn't anything we could do, the unit needs to be gone over by a tech. Thank goodness we have 3 camping worlds within 75 miles of us. 2 in PA and 1 in NJ. The 3rd day another issue with a serious water leak from the bathroom sink. 2 more calls to the salesman and no responses from either call. We expect to have some issues bouncing down the road and will deal with these as well. But my primary inquiry is about the winterization. Thanks and have a great day.
sfcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:34 AM   #2

Riverstone?

The manual is the best place to start.
2011 Starcraft 392BHU w/Andersen No-Sway hitch
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:40 AM   #3

With 4 gallons of Walmart rv antifreeze it is pretty easy. First step is to drain and bypass the water heater. I leave the anode rod loose. There are instructions for the new fancy water heaters. After that make sure pink is coming out everywhere. Two gallons will do it. Get 4.

We have the adapter to put air from our compressor in the lines. Then antifreeze for the drains. Need half a gallon or less.

We go to a local campground with full services and make a party of the last weekend and on Sunday everything to button it up, does not take long.

There are detailed explanations everywhere.

The control on the ac system is likely the same as ours. Dometic. In three years I can honestly report we cannot control the thing. Odds are your problem is there. It is programmed goofy. Instructions are poor. Every time you make a change it takes time to register. Start hitting buttons again and we had the one ac issue last camp out. Never did get it working. Operator error.

I am installing the micro Aire unit this weekend. The DW and I are both math science folks and have given up. We do not have a teenager to work on it.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:36 AM   #4

Where exactly in Pa are you? I live in De and there area few steps more you might have to do then already posted, I have a 2017 38mb and would be glad to explain them to you, if you prefer pm me a phone number and would be glad to help, don't want to see you end up with problems next year. By the way nice choice of units, best of luck and enjoy
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #5

To winterize the washing machine, dishwasher and icemaker refer to the manuals, it is very straight forward and easily done. Remove any water filters before you get started. Simply blowing out the lines with air is not enough, use RV antifreeze!
You are not required to go back to CW for warranty work, contact RiverStone and have them refer you to a dealership or repair service in your area.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #6

I've been reading the manuals and I think we'll be ok? We questioned whether this unit had an internal water filter system and was assured by the salesman that it did. When we got to FL, and started with the walk through, discovered it DOES NOT. They gave us a gift card towards the purchase of a water filter system but would be interested in connecting it permanently inside the garage area instead of out at the water connection. Has anybody ever added a water filter in-line?
sfcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:53 AM   #7

Winterizing 38RE

Welcome to the forum from a 2018 Legacy 38RE owner!

I have never used the icemaker in our LG frig, but the valve is under the street side ahead of the axles. Best accessed with the slide out. Mine is a white valve.

For the dishwasher and clothes washer/dryer, I have attached the files I got from the vendors.

Good luck with your new fifth wheel!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winterizing Splendide Washer Dryer.pdf (42.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: docx Winterizing the Fisher Paykel Dishwasher.docx (16.9 KB, 2 views)
2 Hobie Inflatable Kayaks
millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote