Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2020, 08:51 PM   #1

2020 riverstone Legacy 38RE Rear TV

I have direct tv and my new HD recievers hook up with HDMI cables and not coax cables and I can not get the 60" rear tv to pull out so I can run and install the HDMI cable. I reached up under the tv and felt a ball and pushed it in and got the bottom to unlock but can not figure out how to unsecure the top part. I found a hdmi plug in the compartment above the fire place but it will not work. Anyone Know how to pull the tv out? I was told it would pull out.
Thanks
Bob
supercharged347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:45 PM   #2
P18

I also have a Legacy 38RE and have tried numerous times to access the back of the TV. I believe it was installed as a unit with the cabinets before being inserted into the rear of the trailer. I short, it doesn't come out. I have also found that the cables are not properly marked between the exterior hookup in the water compartment and the rear TV outlets. Ohming out the cables with a long jumper was necessary to properly identify the proper hookups. Currently I have a "frozen" kitchen slide that is breaking the slide gears. The repair shop hasn't figured it out yet and they have had it for a couple months.
P18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:21 AM   #3

Can't speak to the RE, but I was told that on my 38MB the cabinet also has to come out to access bedroom TV.
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #4

38RE Rear TV

I found out that there are two HDMI connections going to the back of my Samsung TV. One is tied to the Jensen stereo/DVD player, but I could not get the external HDMI connection in the compartment above the fireplace to work. I ended up taking that HDMI wall plug apart and found the short connector on the back of the wall plug disconnected! It seems the factory used a very short HDMI cable from the TV to the wall plug and the two were disconnected. Since you already know it is next to impossible to get to the TV connections, I ended up leaving the wall plug loose from the wall in order to keep the wall plug connection secure (see pictures).

Good luck and have fun!
Attached Images

2 Hobie Inflatable Kayaks
millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:48 AM   #5

PH18,..... Could you please describe your process of:
Quote:
Ohming out the cables with a long jumper was necessary to properly identify the proper hookups.
The dealer installed our Winegard Traveler satellite antenna on our 2020 Riverstone 39RKFB and 'jerry rigged' a jumper cable in the water utilities compartment stating that was the only way to get the outside TV to work on satellite. That doesn't make sense to me to have to switch the cables if I want to watch TV outside, which would cut off the inside TVs. It still doesn't work. AND,.... we never have been able to get a cable TV signal anywhere in the rig when we connect a cable to an RV park's cable connection and the connection marked 'cable' in the utilities compartment.

If I could get a description of how you tested the cables/connections with an OHM meter and what to look for, perhaps I could figure it out. (Our dealer certainly could NOT), and we now live over 1,000 miles from the dealer we bought it from. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
2022 GMC 3500 HD Denali Dually
GWJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote