Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Just little bugs here and there. We bought from couches. I really wished i would have known what i know now about the owner himself. We would have bought elsewhere.

We currently have a bad front jack. The main jack is bypassing internally causing the front of the camper to leak down until pressure builds up on the return side.
The rear most ac unit was leaking water in when it rained. Thankful i found it when the ac ran.
I fixed that myself.
Also the main bathroom toilet wouldnt go down and bubble back up. I found the black tank pipe was down in the tank to far and the toilet paper wasnt getting into the tank. It was making like a filter in the pipe.

Ive called riverstone warranty guy (Austin) and nothing is there fault.

Just be aware of this when you buy. Unless you have a dealer your comfortable with they might have a better dealings with them.

I was able to get our unit cleaned up and the paint scratch free and applied a ceramic coating plus the exo 3 top layer to help prevent water spotting and dirt from sticking as bad.

It really looks amazing! Overall the build quality is top notch!

Attachment 233884

Also all the water inlets including the black tank dumps are plastic.

Mine leaked where the plastic turned. I replaced them with a brass version. Although its not a direct replacement it works great. Plus theres no leaks or worries about the plastic checkvalve cracking.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4010 View Post
Very nice! Like the paint scheme on it and really like that the fridge is not on a slide-out!
Yes, we really like the Crimson Night paint and are extremely happy the fridge is not on a slide, like our current RV.
KhamisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:50 AM   #23

Be aware though you cant get to the fridge without putting the slide out.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:57 AM   #24

Quote:
Also all the water inlets including the black tank dumps are plastic.

Mine leaked where the plastic turned. I replaced them with a brass version. Although its not a direct replacement it works great. Plus theres no leaks or worries about the plastic checkvalve cracking.
It sounds like you have had a round of issues and haven't gotten any support from the dealer or Riverstone. We were going to order one originally from Couch's, so we are relieved that we are going with a local dealership that has a great reputation for sales and service, after hearing your issues with the owner and Riverstone. Hopefully, they will stand by us and the product when push comes to shove. I hope this is the end of your troubles and you can soon start enjoying the RV, without having to make repairs. We are hoping against hope that we have few issues and that they are minor, after purchasing ours. Thank you for all the info and your time,
Rick and Patricia
Old 07-14-2020, 09:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Be aware though you cant get to the fridge without putting the slide out.
Yes, that is a downfall, if say you want to stop off and have a sandwich while traveling or stop at a commissary along the way and stock up on groceries. The plus though is that you can get to the half bath without opening a slide, so I guess that is a good compromise.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #26

Yea the slideout room you control seperate from each. So you can just put out the one slide. Even just partly.

The bathroom is great. I wish they would have used the same toilet as the master though. Its not the bigger bowl. But i can see why in that half bath to save space.

The steps are great. But be aware when you put them out you need about 3-4 foot for them to swing out and down so you cant park close to something and still get them out.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:03 PM   #27

I’m a Sooner but I was late

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhamisV View Post
Thank you for the information! We were concerned it might be a defect and didn't want to start out with an existing problem. We are purchasing ours from Oklahoma RV Center in Moore, Ok. and couldn't be happier with their attention and service that they have provided. We were going to order one exactly like yours, interior and exterior, but were going to have to wait approximately 6 months due to the plant being shutdown for Covid-19. This one arrived at the dealership sooner than expected and since we had already made contact with them, they called and gave us a chance to look at it before they even put it on the website. How has your experience been with the unit since taking delivery of it? Any major/ minor issues or dislikes, other than your brakes not working? That was definitely a major issue!

So my wife and I were dealing with OK RV there in Moore (mostly by email and phone, dealing with Tommy) and have been looking for the 39rkfb crimson, I think you beat us by a week or two. TOO FUNNY!

Glad you got the model and color you wanted. We ended up getting one here in WA where I’m stationed. Just closed the deal last week and are scheduled for PDI and drive off in a couple of weeks. Hoping the PDI goes well and am planning on going over it with a fine tooth comb (gonna make ‘em earn that PDI fee LOL.)

Pin weight has been giving me heartburn but I just am being a nervous nelly.

2019 F350 DRW 6.7 Diesel
GVWR 14000lbs
Curb weight 8097lbs (empty truck)
Max Pin Weight 5093lbs

39RKFB Pin weight 3084lbs

2000lbs available for cargo and passengers (in the truck not the trailer LOL). I’m gonna have to watch how I distribute my stuff.

Again, CONGRATS!!!!

See you on the road, hopefully in the SOONER State!
TF Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Just little bugs here and there. We bought from couches. I really wished i would have known what i know now about the owner himself. We would have bought elsewhere.

We currently have a bad front jack. The main jack is bypassing internally causing the front of the camper to leak down until pressure builds up on the return side.
The rear most ac unit was leaking water in when it rained. Thankful i found it when the ac ran.
I fixed that myself.
Also the main bathroom toilet wouldnt go down and bubble back up. I found the black tank pipe was down in the tank to far and the toilet paper wasnt getting into the tank. It was making like a filter in the pipe.

Ive called riverstone warranty guy (Austin) and nothing is there fault.

Just be aware of this when you buy. Unless you have a dealer your comfortable with they might have a better dealings with them.

I was able to get our unit cleaned up and the paint scratch free and applied a ceramic coating plus the exo 3 top layer to help prevent water spotting and dirt from sticking as bad.

It really looks amazing! Overall the build quality is top notch!

Attachment 233884

Main Bathroom Toilet: we have the same problem. Are you saying that that the problem is that the pipe from the toilet extends into the black tank so far that it doesn’t allow for the toilet paper to fall out into the tank but stays in the pipe? Did you have to have the black tank removed to get it fixed?
JGalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGalovic View Post

Main Bathroom Toilet: we have the same problem. Are you saying that that the problem is that the pipe from the toilet extends into the black tank so far that it doesn’t allow for the toilet paper to fall out into the tank but stays in the pipe? Did you have to have the black tank removed to get it fixed?

Correct. Our problem too was the pipe was too deep in the shallow tank.

I took the toilet off the floor and unscrewed the flange from the floor. I was able to remove the whole assembly and cut off 4”s of pipe off the bottom. This has fixed ours.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #30

Congrats! We have the Blue Thunder paint job as well, and it's gorgeous.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
2016 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L PowerStroke Lariat
Jim1521 is offline   Reply With Quote