Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #21
dgibbs1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy-Beast View Post
Here's a pic from my factory tour. Good luck let us know if it fits.

I appreciate it. I noticed you are in the Chicago area. I am suppose to attend a military reunion up in Wheeling at the the end of June. What kind of things are being said up there about gatherings and the such?

2012 Dodge 3500 Cummins Crew Cab 4X4, "Decluttered" and Tuned/2020 Riverstone 39RKFB/2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide CVO.
Summer in Blair,Nebraska.
Winter at home in Azle, TX.
dgibbs1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbs1955 View Post
I appreciate it. I noticed you are in the Chicago area. I am suppose to attend a military reunion up in Wheeling at the the end of June. What kind of things are being said up there about gatherings and the such?

Currently the Governor of IL has everybody but essential business on a shelter at home order until the end of April. The models show deaths will peak in IL Mid-april. June might be pushing it for large gatherings. I'd say wait until end of April to see how much the daily numbers are dropping.
filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1521 View Post
Go to Menu, Support, About This TV and you'll see all the info.

My model is UN65NU6900

I just updated my software from 1271 to 1290. Might want to try that as well.
Jim1521, thanks for the reply. How doing you "update" the software on this model TV. Sorry, for the question, but as I said, I don't have a manual.
2022 GMC 3500 HD Denali Dually
GWJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWJohnson View Post
Jim1521, thanks for the reply. How doing you "update" the software on this model TV. Sorry, for the question, but as I said, I don't have a manual.
Go to MENU/SUPPORT/SOFTWARE UPDATE, then UPDATE NOW.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
2016 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L PowerStroke Lariat
Jim1521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #25
dgibbs1955

39RKFB questions

Quote:
How do you like your Truma-GO water heater? Do you have the Comfort or Comfort Plus model? Thanks in advance.

2012 Dodge 3500 Cummins Crew Cab 4X4, "Decluttered" and Tuned/2020 Riverstone 39RKFB/2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide CVO.
Summer in Blair,Nebraska.
Winter at home in Azle, TX.
dgibbs1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbs1955 View Post
How do you like your Truma-GO water heater? Do you have the Comfort or Comfort Plus model? Thanks in advance.
We really like the Truma instant water heater. We have the Comfort Plus model. First experience with "hot water on demand" type heater. Glad we have it. Only takes a few seconds after you turn on the tap to have hot water. You never run out of hot water (as long as you have LP). It only runs on LP. No electric only option. It doesn't use much LP as far as I can tell so far and it's great for LLLLLOOOONNNNGGGG showers.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1521 View Post
Go to MENU/SUPPORT/SOFTWARE UPDATE, then UPDATE NOW.
Thanks. It had the most recent software. Unfortunately, now there is NO picture what-so-ever, only audio with a blank white screen on all 3 sources, cable, satellite & over-the-air. So the video board must be shot. I'm in contact with my dealer who is doing his best to contact someone (his rep) at Forest River during this Corona 19 virus shut-down to get this TV replaced a.s.a.p., hopefully.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #28

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I did find out which model it is: UN65NU6900.

Now the issue is getting someone to answer the voice mail messages I've left for Forest River Riverstone parts & warranty manager, Christy Turner, who I was referred to by the service manager at the dealership we bought the rig from. I'm sure with all the various 'stay-at-home' orders & 'manufacturer closings' due to the Corona Virus situation,..... it understandably may be a while.

Thanks again. Stay Safe! Keep your distance. Wash you hands.
I don't have a Samsung (mine was a Furrion) in my Georgetown but my TV was replaced under warranty. I contacted the manufacturer of the unit. They required it to be reviewed by the dealer and then replaced it under warranty. You may have a delay due to the stay at home order as others have mentioned.
TominVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 05:18 PM   #29

UPDATE to 65" Samsung TV problem

Good news to report. I contacted Samsung for service on our 65" TV. The manager asked me to send a video text of the picture problem on the TV. They scheduled a service call to our RV park for 2 days later, bringing with them 3 different parts that could have caused the problem: 1) video board, 2) wiring harness, and/or 3) new LED screen (the most expensive). The 2 technicians diagnosed the problem in 2-3 minutes, changed the 65" video screen on the TV on the living room rug and were here and gone in 35 minutes. Best service technician call I've ever experienced and the TV is like brand new. BTW,.... both techs were very, very cautious with social distancing, wore masks & gloves and were very, very professional, courteous and effective. All covered under Samsung warranty with now cost to me.

Glad that I didn't have to hassle with buying / installing a new replacement TV locally and then having to deal with warranty service & returning faulty TV to Forest River.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:19 PM   #30

UPDATE to 65" Samsung TV problem

Good news to report. I contacted Samsung for service on our 65" TV. The manager asked me to send a video text of the picture problem on the TV. They scheduled a service call to our RV park for 2 days later, bringing with them 3 different parts that could have caused the problem: 1) video board, 2) wiring harness, and/or 3) new LED screen (the most expensive). The 2 technicians diagnosed the problem in 2-3 minutes, changed the 65" video screen on the TV on the living room rug and were here and gone in 35 minutes. Best service technician call I've ever experienced and the TV is like brand new. BTW,.... both techs were very, very cautious with social distancing, wore masks & gloves and were very, very professional, courteous and effective. All covered under Samsung warranty with no cost to me.

Glad that I didn't have to hassle with buying / installing a new replacement TV locally and then having to deal with warranty service & returning faulty TV to Forest River.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:34 PM   #31

We have a 2020 38RE RS Legacy with a similar TV. It worked fine and then it had a bunch of lines on the left side of the screen and then it just turned gray with no picture and no response to the remote. It is a Samsung series 7 LED TV and out model label was on the right rear of the unit. That's right as you would watch the TV. My wife removed the cables and then I used my iPhone to video the label, which provided the model and serial number just fine. You have to move the phone around carefully to get a clear shot. I used the front camera as the rear facing camera didn't focus clearly.
MLJLC4473 is offline   Reply With Quote