RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-21-2017, 01:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
The one we like best is the 39FL. Anyone have one of those yet?
We're torn between this and the 39FK. Our dealer is receiving the FK in a week or two so we should be able to take a look at it then. Just not too sure how much this will work out in Canadian $.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #22

Riverstone 39FK

Well, we took a boo at the new 39FK and really like it. The finish in this unit is the best I have ever seen. The wood work and cabinetry inside was finished to a very high standard. Really liked the slate wall in the living room where they have mounted the fireplace and TV. The only disappointment was the minuscule microwave they installed. I really don't know why it could not have been a full size microwave.
The unit we looked through had the 3 burner gas stove which is something we also liked - gives versatility if we lost power at a site as has happened in the past. We also noticed a distinct lack of carpet. Nothing in the living room except directly under the two couches/beds.
Presently, we're not in a position to buy but really did like this unit although we're torn between this floor plan and the FL floor plan.
Let's see if 649 can come through with my numbers this week!

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #23

Riverstone 38FB

Purchased the 38FB July 1 2016.
Had an issue with the on demand water heater, FR took care of that for us promptly. Six months in FL then an unexpected trip to the cold winter of NJ.
One month into the cold climate and the unit has endured well.
Less drafty than the old 5th wheel (Viper toy hauler)
The AC costs in the hot FL summer were less that the old unit as well.

Also considered the Landmark 365 and the Redwood Front bath models, but the fit and finish of the woodwork, as well as the interior decor in the Riverstone made the choice easy.

Why does the Riverstone not have its own sub forum?
byrdbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:11 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdbrain View Post
Purchased the 38FB July 1 2016.
Had an issue with the on demand water heater, FR took care of that for us promptly. Six months in FL then an unexpected trip to the cold winter of NJ.
One month into the cold climate and the unit has endured well.
Less drafty than the old 5th wheel (Viper toy hauler)
The AC costs in the hot FL summer were less that the old unit as well.

Also considered the Landmark 365 and the Redwood Front bath models, but the fit and finish of the woodwork, as well as the interior decor in the Riverstone made the choice easy.

Why does the Riverstone not have its own sub forum?
From another River Stone owner I am glad to hear your good report, we got a 38MB and it has been great also.

X2 on a River Stone sub forum
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:54 PM   #25

Hey forum members just joined this forum just now n I'm looking at buying a Riverstone 38RE but very concern about this heavy unit only having 2-8k axels and I believe the dry weight is over 16,400 lbs. Has any one experience any handling problems with a 5th wheel that is close to max and almost 43' long. Looking to take charge or walk away since we have been looking at one for 3 weeks now. Thanks for any and all promp responses.
mes0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes0600 View Post
Hey forum members just joined this forum just now n I'm looking at buying a Riverstone 38RE but very concern about this heavy unit only having 2-8k axels and I believe the dry weight is over 16,400 lbs. Has any one experience any handling problems with a 5th wheel that is close to max and almost 43' long. Looking to take charge or walk away since we have been looking at one for 3 weeks now. Thanks for any and all promp responses.
20%-30% of that weight is not on the axles, it's on the hitch in the bed of the tow vehicle.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:55 PM   #27

Thanks for the response. Right your are but I wish FR would offer a 3rd axle as a option but was told by a regional salesman that no plans to offer the 3rd axle. On another note we've shopped around n the Riverstone is the best build Rv found in mine view. I've searched a couple places on the Internet to find any good or bad on the Riverstone but because they only been in production for about 2 years u can't fine much on them.....
Old 03-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #28

I like it looks good
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #29

The Riverstone is still in the top two on our list. We are thinking a factory tour would be a good thing to do before making a decision. Really like a lot of things about the Riverstone, but the lack of disc brakes is an issue for us. The nearest dealer to us is not one we want to deal with either. The Legacy version is out for us .... I do not like the round cabinet fronts. At all .... :-). We like the 37rl too.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #30

Quote:
The Riverstone is still in the top two on our list. We are thinking a factory tour would be a good thing to do before making a decision. Really like a lot of things about the Riverstone, but the lack of disc brakes is an issue for us. The nearest dealer to us is not one we want to deal with either. The Legacy version is out for us .... I do not like the round cabinet fronts. At all .... :-). We like the 37rl too.

Wish we had time to take the tour but now is not a good time for us. Last month we went to Huntsville Alabama to the Rv show but there was only one Riverstone 5er to look at. My nearest dealer is nothing to speak of either but somethings are unavoidable.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #31

Quote:
Did you check and see if you can upgrade the River Stone with disc brakes? Not sure how much it would cost and totally understand why you want them, I would try to contact the factory for this answer don't count on the dealer to do it. The factory was able to add and change some things for us on our Legacy, good luck and great choice!!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 12:17 PM   #32

Getting to know the Riverstone Legacy

I am a long time DRV owner, I have plenty of inside knowledge on the line.
My interest in the Rivetstone Legacy comes from taking a pretty good look at the Tampa RV super show in Jan.
The units seem well thought out, although I wish there was a little more substance to the chassis, frame size especially.
I like the slightly thicker walls (compared to Landmark) with 16" on center framing. hung glass insulation, and the roof trusses.
Overall the RE floor plan seems perfect for our tastes.
I hope to become a member of this group.
I also think the Riverstone and Legacy line merits it's own forum .

Safe travels!
RL
PSD_Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:22 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD_Tweaker View Post
I am a long time DRV owner, I have plenty of inside knowledge on the line.
My interest in the Rivetstone Legacy comes from taking a pretty good look at the Tampa RV super show in Jan.
The units seem well thought out, although I wish there was a little more substance to the chassis, frame size especially.
I like the slightly thicker walls (compared to Landmark) with 16" on center framing. hung glass insulation, and the roof trusses.
Overall the RE floor plan seems perfect for our tastes.
I hope to become a member of this group.
I also think the Riverstone and Legacy line merits it's own forum .

Safe travels!
RL
Welcome over here glad to see you joined
Old 03-04-2017, 12:31 PM   #34

Thank you for the invitation!

Rick
PSD_Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #35

Hi dblr , we have not yet talked with the local dealer. We were VERY dissatisfied with their service and have been looking around for a different dealer. Will call Riverstone direct about it though. Great idea. Really like the cabinetry , light exterior color of the Riverstone and of course the Floorplan! We have put our current 5th wheel up for sale, so maybe someday one of these is for us.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #36

jlsr, where are you looking at and how far would you be willing to travel for one? We are from Delaware and when we bought there were no dealers close to us so we arranged to buy in Elkhart right before the FROG Rally, worked out well for us and was great picking up close to the factory as the dealer was not that helpful. We also already had a good relationship with the factory so anything needed was done there.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #37

We are in North Texas so IN is pretty far. Since we're not in any rush ( have to sell our current 5th wheel first) we have been just looking at the RV shows.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #38

Quote:
We are in North Texas so IN is pretty far. Since we're not in any rush ( have to sell our current 5th wheel first) we have been just looking at the RV shows.
Ok just checking, I guess Fun Town is the dealer with the River Stone. Be careful as those rv shows can get expensive
Old 03-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Ok just checking, I guess Fun Town is the dealer with the River Stone. Be careful as those rv shows can get expensive
You guessed right... and they are the dealer we do not want to go back to :-)
Old 03-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #40

Quote:
You guessed right... and they are the dealer we do not want to go back to :-)
I have not heard to many people that liked them, good luck.