Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2017, 04:53 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BessieHunter View Post
My wife and I signed the papers on the 15th for a 38FB. Have yet to bring it
home as my 2012 Siverado's IBC is not compatible with the Dexter E/H actuator. The dealer is trying to find a fix as I'm determined not to install an after market controller since the IBC was on my must have list when we went looking for a different truck. We are looking forward to using this very nice unit.

I just signed the papers on a 2017 Riverstone 38RE yesterday. We shopped around for over 3 mo n was looking at this one for at lest 2 mo. The Riverstones r really nice know we r gonna love it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4588.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	132152
mes0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:30 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes0600 View Post
I just signed the papers on a 2017 Riverstone 38RE yesterday. We shopped around for over 3 mo n was looking at this one for at lest 2 mo. The Riverstones r really nice know we r gonna love it. Attachment 132152
Congrats, looks great, everything go good on your walk thru?
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #43

For the most part went well, one change I had made at the last minute was that I had them swap out my upgraded shower sprayer that I bought for the Columbus last year to the Riverstone. After hooking up to the Rv n walking back around for last inspection b4 pulling out I noticed a heavy bump/scratched on drivers front cap radius. I was told they was unaware of it but they would repair the scratch at a later time. They have a couple small things to do to it so I'll bring it back after our first local camping trip we have planed on the end of this mo. Thanks for asking.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #44

Your New RiverStone

Hi there, and congradulations on your latest 5th wheel!
Is yours a Legacy model?
I am pretty sure but have to ask.

Rick L
PSD_Tweaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:49 PM   #45

Thanks. Yes it is a Legacy, it's pretty much loaded up with options and I was told by the Reginal sales rep for my area that it made it to the line n left off by mistake. The sent me a Legacy decal but won't look as good being painted.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 PM   #46

Riverstone Legacy

So, did I understand correctly, "they" forgot to install the Legacy logo on the front cap before or after paint got applied?
So you are sort of badge less on the cap?
Sorry to hear that.

Rick L
Old 03-19-2017, 09:12 PM   #47
Site Team

The site team has received requests to establish a RiverStone subforum and are trying to find out how many owners we may have....so we can take the request upstairs to the management.

Doing a "RV Brand" search for River Stone in members profiles, it appeared that dblr was akin to the Maytag repairman.

However using the correct search of Riverstone, brought in BessieHunter too.

It would help if we could get a good count of current (or planning to buy) Riverstone members.

Also, our understanding is that all the Riverstone and Riverstone Legacys are of the fifth wheel variety?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
It would help if we could get a good count of current (or planning to buy) Riverstone members.
We're in the planning stage at the moment - so please add me to the stats.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:27 PM   #49

OK, good work on finding Bessie's post.
Yes all Rovetstones are 5th wheel trailers, actually Forest Rivets flagship now...
My interest is gathering information on actual owners as we are in line for a change from our current DRV MOBILESUITES

Thanks,

RickL
Old 03-20-2017, 05:51 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD_Tweaker View Post
So, did I understand correctly, "they" forgot to install the Legacy logo on the front cap before or after paint got applied?

So you are sort of badge less on the cap?

Sorry to hear that.

Rick L

Yeah, well... the sales reginal rep for Riverstone said that during the planing stage on the building of this legacy didn't make it during paint. Don't know for sure when Forestriver started the Riverstone production Line but I'm thinking it started possible with the 2016 year ?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
The site team has received requests to establish a RiverStone subforum and are trying to find out how many owners we may have....so we can take the request upstairs to the management.

Doing a "RV Brand" search for River Stone in members profiles, it appeared that dblr was akin to the Maytag repairman.

However using the correct search of Riverstone, brought in BessieHunter too.

Also, our understanding is that all the Riverstone and Riverstone Legacys are of the fifth wheel variety?
Hi, Please count us as members looking to buy a Riverstone. We are still in the research stage but hope to be an owner someday. Thanks!
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #52

Quote:
For the most part went well, one change I had made at the last minute was that I had them swap out my upgraded shower sprayer that I bought for the Columbus last year to the Riverstone. After hooking up to the Rv n walking back around for last inspection b4 pulling out I noticed a heavy bump/scratched on drivers front cap radius. I was told they was unaware of it but they would repair the scratch at a later time. They have a couple small things to do to it so I'll bring it back after our first local camping trip we have planed on the end of this mo. Thanks for asking.
mes0600, Congrats on the new Riverstone! It is gorgeous! The 38RE is a great plan too. We have been seriously looking at the Riverstone 39FL (its not a Legacy), and weighing the pros and cons. We also have a Columbus now.

Enjoy your beautiful new RV!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #53

Oh yeah. Which Columbus do y'all own right now...
Old 03-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #54

We have the 325RL. The one with the outside kitchen.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #55

My wife and I have the first Legacy Riverstone. We had it back to the factory having work done that the selling dealer did not want to tackle in our time frame. As Jay and his crew were finishing up with the needed repairs, Jeff came out to the shop and handed one the workers the Legacy badge and had them install it. Jeff said that they had just arrived from the supplier and that the dealers did not even have them yet to put on their current inventory.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
We have the 325RL. The one with the outside kitchen.

Outdoor kitchen is nice to have, seems like it would have a lot of convenience cooking outside.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BessieHunter View Post
My wife and I have the first Legacy Riverstone. We had it back to the factory having work done that the selling dealer did not want to tackle in our time frame. As Jay and his crew were finishing up with the needed repairs, Jeff came out to the shop and handed one the workers the Legacy badge and had them install it. Jeff said that they had just arrived from the supplier and that the dealers did not even have them yet to put on their current inventory.

Did they install your badge .........below the Riverstone name or over the top of some of the lettering at the bottom ??
Old 03-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #58

Under the Riverstone on the front cap.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #59

Quote:
Outdoor kitchen is nice to have, seems like it would have a lot of convenience cooking outside.
Yes, the outdoor kitchen is the reason why we bought this model. It has a fridge, microwave, gas cooktop, sink, and cabinets. We've only used the cabinets to store stuff and the refrigerator. Very nice to have a fridge outside so you don't let bugs in going in and out to get a beverage!

We will miss the outdoor kitchen....

On another note, we will be interested to know how the Riverstone's A/C units do in hot climates. I can see where the 3rd AC unit would be a must for us. We are in Texas.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
Yes, the outdoor kitchen is the reason why we bought this model. It has a fridge, microwave, gas cooktop, sink, and cabinets. We've only used the cabinets to store stuff and the refrigerator. Very nice to have a fridge outside so you don't let bugs in going in and out to get a beverage!

We will miss the outdoor kitchen....

On another note, we will be interested to know how the Riverstone's A/C units do in hot climates. I can see where the 3rd AC unit would be a must for us. We are in Texas.

Yes, we will know how well the a/c works being that we sleep at night with the temp on 66'. It only got up to 72 degrees yesterday n the air went down to 66 with no problem but when the temp goes up above 80 will start the test for sure.