Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #1

cable tv amplifier

Hello rv,ers
I'm stumped trying to find the cable tv amplifier that needs to be shut off in order to enjoy cable TV at the camp. Everyone has told me that you find it behind the tv where the coaxial cable hooks up with a green light on-off button. I can't for the life of me find it anywhere. Hence, grainy images on tv.
Please help if you know where it's located. I own a 2020 Riverstone legacy 38fb2 with 3 TV's. One is in the living room 65" mounted fixed on the wall and no way to get behind it, which seems odd for service reasons. A 40" in the bedroom is not a amplifier behind it and a 50" outside compartment with nothing behind it. I have hooked up to the connection on the outside post where the cable is and perfect pictures on all channels but when hooked up to docking stations connection all TV's grainy.
Thanks for your help!
Guteski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:48 PM   #2

You may have a panel that looks similar to this. Push the small button to turn off the light. For over the air antenna push button to illuminate light. Remember, I did say similar.
Attached Images

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #3

Ok I'll be looking for that again. Thanks for the help and I will let you know if I find it.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:37 PM   #4

Comes in black and brown also. Do you get good over the air antenna channels? Do you know what make the over the air antenna is? I saw in a 2019 Riverstone it was above the fireplace and looked like this only brown.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #5

Can you post pic of tv in living room? The tv mount i believe should just pull outward and being new it probably super tight and the mount has self locking plastic tab to keep tv in locked position when traveling.

Maybe someone can explain it better.
Gmoney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #6

I have a motorhome. I was just posting what others had said about a booster panel. Hopefully someone with your rig will chime in with better information. I will say that if you have this panel it could be anywhere judging from what I have read on this forum.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:13 AM   #7

Look behind the long horizontal glass panel below the tv, it might be on the top of there and brown in color so might blend in, you might need to get down on the floor to look up, not a lot of room in there.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #8

If you have a TV in the bedroom it may be behind there, I have a 5th wheel and that is where mine is located, they usually install them by the TV closest to outside connection.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:50 AM   #9

mine also looks like what bubbles posted. In my MH its mounted up high and inside a cabinet. I removed it and reinstalled it upside down so I can now see the button to turn it on and off.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:56 PM   #10

Thanks to everyone!
I was at the dealership for a extension hose and the service guy walked me out to a similar model and showed me. Sure enough the glass panel above fireplace was the culprit! To obvious for an old guy with bad eyes! Looks like part of the vent for fireplace. Many people at campground didn't see it either!
Thanks again!
Old 08-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #11

By the way, for future reference, your 65" TV in your living room does, indeed, pull out from the wall. It's on an articulating arm and does pull out from the wall. As noted above, it's probably just 'tightly' stuck in the latch. Give it a tug from the side closest to your exit door (right side) and it will unlatch and come out. Be sure to push it back in until you feel/hear a solid click when it seats back into the latch for traveling.
2022 GMC 3500 HD Denali Dually
GWJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable