Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #1

Calling all Garage Models (37,39 42 TH)

OK so we are the odd ducks here, we are not toy haulers and we are not full basement 5'ers. I tell people we are garage models. We cannot access our garage from the inside, its not a multipurpose room, its a garage. As such I though we could help each other out with tips or tricks.

I just got a 42FSKG last week and want to do some mods. My first one is placing a Biker Bar on the floor for the Harley. This should be no problem as there is no tanks or stowage below the garage floor.

Has anyone hung anything from the walls in the garage? I want to mount a helmet holder on the walls and curious what's under the skin. Any meat to screw into? This is the mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will use a stud finder to hopefully find a good mounting point but I cannot open the garage door currently as I have it backed up to my house to load and not hang in the street.

Hopefully we will get a section maybe in the toyhauler section but for now lets start a group to help each other.

Cheers,
2LaneLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #2

I'm still waiting on mine, but watching this thread with great anticipation. Can Am Spyder RT Limited going into mine barring any mis-measurement. My biggest worry will be getting it tied down as it will be tight.
llamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamb View Post
I'm still waiting on mine, but watching this thread with great anticipation. Can Am Spyder RT Limited going into mine barring any mis-measurement. My biggest worry will be getting it tied down as it will be tight.
I saw a guy with one but I think the spyder was a 19 as they got longer the next year. He used two wheel chocks for the front tires
Old 03-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #4

I've got a '19 as well so that gives me a good idea of how to handle it. Thanks for the feedback.

The AllAboutRVs Youtube guys down at Couch's had a good video on the dimensions.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:33 AM   #5

Quote:
I've got a '19 as well so that gives me a good idea of how to handle it. Thanks for the feedback.

The AllAboutRVs Youtube guys down at Couch's had a good video on the dimensions.
This might help you. https://youtu.be/6umXkDPC0ys

This what I’m going to mount. https://youtu.be/AfBnoxNZt34
Old 03-25-2021, 03:55 PM   #6

This is what I use:

https://youtu.be/R93bsQVUMOY

I am considering the biker bar as well.

Rick
rnich56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:26 PM   #7

Some great ideas. If only they did the Biker Bar style tie down for other than Harleys. But I guess, you've got a real big market there.

The wheel chock idea seems solid. Saw another similar option on eTrailer with tracks. Would be good for the fronts possibly, but not the rear. Will have to look for some other ideas out there and come up with my best possible gameplan.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:42 PM   #8

Helmet rack and biker bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LaneLiving View Post
OK so we are the odd ducks here, we are not toy haulers and we are not full basement 5'ers. I tell people we are garage models. We cannot access our garage from the inside, its not a multipurpose room, its a garage. As such I though we could help each other out with tips or tricks.

I just got a 42FSKG last week and want to do some mods. My first one is placing a Biker Bar on the floor for the Harley. This should be no problem as there is no tanks or stowage below the garage floor.

Has anyone hung anything from the walls in the garage? I want to mount a helmet holder on the walls and curious what's under the skin. Any meat to screw into? This is the mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will use a stud finder to hopefully find a good mounting point but I cannot open the garage door currently as I have it backed up to my house to load and not hang in the street.

Hopefully we will get a section maybe in the toyhauler section but for now lets start a group to help each other.

Cheers,
We installed the Biker Bar. Great invention! We put a small metal shelf unit from Walmart over the fender flare and anchored to the walls to hold helmets, basket for dog leashes/harnesses, riding boots, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56E09DF7-48F2-4007-B920-3CA9AB7DD86B.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	250456  
akdj1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:46 PM   #9

Biker bar worked on our Vulcan Voyager.

Quote:
Some great ideas. If only they did the Biker Bar style tie down for other than Harleys. But I guess, you've got a real big market there.

The wheel chock idea seems solid. Saw another similar option on eTrailer with tracks. Would be good for the fronts possibly, but not the rear. Will have to look for some other ideas out there and come up with my best possible gameplan.
We bought h Th s biker bar for our Kawasaki Voyager, and it worked great. Traded the bike for a Harley CVI, Still the best thing ever.
akdj1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #10

Well looks like mine is coming off the line in the next few days then it's off to paint. So hopefully the end of May is still feasible after delivery and dealer prep.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Well looks like mine is coming off the line in the next few days then it's off to paint. So hopefully the end of May is still feasible after delivery and dealer prep.
Excellent. Enjoy we love ours so far.