Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2021, 04:24 PM   #1

Desirable options for a Reserve 3850RK ?

Hello - I'm ordering a Reserve 3850RK, and was wondering about any must-have or nice-to-have options. This is my first RV; I will be full-time, but expect to be stationary, unless I have to run from the weather (I'll be a little northwest of Houston, Texas).

I'm already getting the 3rd A/C, desk, the dishwasher, the stackable washer/dryer, and the dual-pane windows.

I will be working over the internet; any recommendations about an antenna or satellite dish?

Is the Rota-Flex hitch adequate?

I'm looking at a Ford F-350 diesel dually; is that enough to pull this RV?

Thanks very much for your help!
mlagrange56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:12 PM   #2

Looks nice! The dusky will be fine. Get the best tires you can with the highest load rating.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:13 PM   #3

Dually, not dusky!
Old 04-13-2021, 04:32 AM   #4

Depends how much TV you watch and whether your park has cable or quality television reception. Love my Dish Traveler. If you're not towing that much why upgrade the hitch? I tow with the 350 dually and it's great. Congratulations by hte way.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:46 PM   #5

I occasionally like long showers so the Truma was a must. You'll find lots of different opinions on Internet, but some form of external antenna is likely a must if you're doing the wireless hotspot route (be it on the roof or just a panel version stuck on on a window).
llamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:30 PM   #6

We ordered and received ours with the dual paned windows, washer & dryer, 3rd AC, Truma, slide toppers, the extra awning, the outdoor TV, disc brakes and full body paint. The desk is standard. Highly recommend the Truma, having on demand hot water to me is a must. Slide toppers, the extra awning, disc brakes and the washer/dryer to me, would be must haves. The outdoor TV and full body paint are niceties, but I have to say that the paint is amazing.

A dually is almost overkill. We have a 3500 SRW and it pulls just fine. We're using an Andersen Hitch so I did not order the Roto-Flex as it doesn't work with the Andersen.
Bigtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamb View Post
I occasionally like long showers so the Truma was a must. You'll find lots of different opinions on Internet, but some form of external antenna is likely a must if you're doing the wireless hotspot route (be it on the roof or just a panel version stuck on on a window).
The coach is pre-wired for a portable satellite dish or a roof mounted one. Also, it is pre-wired for the KingMax Wifi which is a nice feature but there are lots of options that way.
Bigtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:18 AM   #8

We checked all the options except the two way fridge when we bought. I wanted a residential. Personal opinion on the tankless water heater is a no. I have one in my house but not the RV. I rarely boondock, so why use the propane (same reason I got the induction stovetop). 2 people showering at least once a day, dishwasher, laundry all the time and I have never run out of water with my 12 gallon Suburban tanked heater. I know many people love their tankless, but there are a lot of people who have issues with them as well. Almost impossible to see issues with tanked. Also almost universally Riverstone owners will emphatically recommend a dually. Can't even tell you're towing when trucks pass you. Just my opinions.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:05 PM   #9

full body paint will look a lot better as it ages.
filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtrace View Post
We ordered and received ours with the dual paned windows, washer & dryer, 3rd AC, Truma, slide toppers, the extra awning, the outdoor TV, disc brakes and full body paint. The desk is standard. Highly recommend the Truma, having on demand hot water to me is a must. Slide toppers, the extra awning, disc brakes and the washer/dryer to me, would be must haves. The outdoor TV and full body paint are niceties, but I have to say that the paint is amazing.
In this case, just get a Legacy.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:39 AM   #11

Thank you all for your responses - I really appreciate it!
Old 05-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #12

I agree order the Legacy. The full body paint is easier to maintain, My Legacy came with solar to keep the batteries charged.slide toppers,truma on demand hot water ( I Love), wine cooler, hydraullic level up, dish washer,washer drier,outside tv. and order a lp onan generator and you can program it to come on when battery volage drops for 30 minutes to keep batteries charged and the shut off automatically. so you can go camp any where you want. We love our 2020 riverstone legacy and I found out on the truck we ordered is a F450 dually instead of the F350 Got it for the same price but the F 450 has a a lot Better turning radius for the tight spots in camp grounds.
Bob
supercharged347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:10 AM   #13

Thanks again for your responses!