Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2020, 11:32 PM   #1

I am looking to buy a 2021 Riverstone 39RBFL with most of the options

I don’t want to regret paying to much or going thru the wrong dealer am willing to buy out of state. Any advise or recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Jlome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:48 AM   #2

First off where do you live? A lot of folks have done well at Couch's in Ohio and also Terry Town in Michigan, myself and friends of ours bought and feel we received a great price at International RV Wholesalers in Elkhart In. All 3 are basically wholesalers and doubt you will ever return for service, you are there because they offer a lower price. Bill's Happy Camper in Mill Hall Pa. is another good place to deal with, now their prices might not be as good but have heard their service is a lot better before, during and after the sale. Good luck on your choice.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:21 AM   #3

We used Couch's, picked in up on a Saturday and stayed at the closest KOA for 2 nights. Found a few issues on Sunday and called our sales rep's cell phone. They took us in first thing on Monday and had us fixed up in a couple of hours.
filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:41 AM   #4

Thanks I live in Michigan
Old 08-09-2020, 10:22 AM   #5

Start here to get the average pricing for your zip, and you can find what's available out there. Most dealers advertise through RVTrader, so you get to see who has stock in one place. This is what I did when looking for the 3660SUITE. I saved $1000 over even Haylett RV by doing it, and it was a local dealer too.

When you find a low priced one, call the dealer and ask what their fees are, because that makes a huge difference in price. I'm sure a lot of people know about the $3000 fee CW charges on new trailers.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:23 PM   #6

Thank you very much
Old 08-09-2020, 01:02 PM   #7

I got mine at Bills Happy Camper and am extremely satisfied. His service is the best. His technicians are very educated when it comes to Riverstones as Bill sells a lot of them. I was very happy with my price but more happier with his service.

I have the smaller unit a 34SLE legacy which is great for the DW and our German Shepherd!

Happy Glamping!
E John Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #8
New to FR. Old to TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlome View Post
Thanks I live in Michigan
We also live in Mi. and bought at Couches. Best price of anywhere on the internet, they give you a price within 1 min of your buildingthe unit you want. We picked our unit up and did a 1 night then went home. Had a problem with the TV in livingroom and they authorized a moble tec. to fix ,no problem.
Tall frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:15 PM   #9

Thank you very much I just didn’t want to pay to much or get a dealer that’s not good to work with. Also what if your not near couches when something breaks
Old 08-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #10
New to FR. Old to TT

One thing I wish I had done is to set up an appointment with Amish Family RV to stop and have an inspection done by Orvin, I am not sure he will do River Stones but the absolute best with Cedar Creek. Having the inspection done right away will insure any warranty item's will be addressed. We had one do this past spring and was glad we did nothing critical but lots of adjustments. Also some extended warranty hydraulic rams replaced, leaking that I didn't see.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlome View Post
Thank you very much I just didn’t want to pay to much or get a dealer that’s not good to work with. Also what if your not near couches when something breaks
Many dealers, not all, will put you at the end of the line if you haven't bought from them. Having said that, if I bought one from a wholesaler, and then a local guy asked me if I bought it from him, I'd tell him I just moved here, and hoping to find a good dealer that takes care of customers.

That appears to be the drawback of buying wholesale, or even buying out of town from another dealer that is cheaper. They don't HAVE to even work on your rig.. even warranty work.

You have to decide if the savings outweighs the potential risk.

Mike
Old 08-10-2020, 06:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall frog View Post
One thing I wish I had done is to set up an appointment with Amish Family RV to stop and have an inspection done by Orvin, I am not sure he will do River Stones but the absolute best with Cedar Creek. Having the inspection done right away will insure any warranty item's will be addressed. We had one do this past spring and was glad we did nothing critical but lots of adjustments. Also some extended warranty hydraulic rams replaced, leaking that I didn't see.
Yes, Orvan is working on River Stones also just not sure how or if he handles the warranty process yet. I had him work on mine but on my dime.....ok a lot more then dimes but well worth it.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote