Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2022, 10:02 AM   #1

JBL aura wallmount stereo won’t turn on

Hello all, just as the title says. We just took delivery of our 21 riverstone, and they JBL system won’t turn on. The power button is red, which I assume means it has power, but pressing the power button doesn’t do anything. Any suggestions?
408cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:08 PM   #2

I noticed that ours turns on automatically when we turn on the TV. I haven't yet tried to turn it on without the TV.

I will attempt that tonight when I'm back inside.

Ken

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
I noticed that ours turns on automatically when we turn on the TV. I haven't yet tried to turn it on without the TV.

I will attempt that tonight when I'm back inside.

Ken

Ours won’t turn on by itself, or when we turn the tv on.
408cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 05:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408cuda View Post
Ours won’t turn on by itself, or when we turn the tv on.
I apologize that I didn't try last night. I kinda got side tracked. I will try again today and let you know.

Ken

Old 04-17-2022, 12:28 PM   #5

Okay, I took a close look at ours. The power button is lit with power off. I can turn it on and off at will by either turning the TV on, or using the remote for the JBL.

Something isn't wired up correctly on yours.
Sorry I can't be more help.

Ken

Old 04-17-2022, 08:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Okay, I took a close look at ours. The power button is lit with power off. I can turn it on and off at will by either turning the TV on, or using the remote for the JBL.

Something isn't wired up correctly on yours.
Sorry I can't be more help.

Ken

I appreciate the response.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408cuda View Post
Hello all, just as the title says. We just took delivery of our 21 riverstone, and they JBL system won’t turn on. The power button is red, which I assume means it has power, but pressing the power button doesn’t do anything. Any suggestions?
Unfortunately it is in the wiring. The cover snaps on, so pull it off with a little force. There are 4 screws, you will need a slender screwdriver, Phillips head. Remove the screws so you can look at the wiring, it is likely there is an HDMI cable and it is in the wrong port on your TV. I would swap over to an optical cable and free up an HDMI port (for such a big TV only 2 HDMI ports!)

Mine comes on/of with the remote or by pressing the power button, and when I use the fireplace remote (I know right!). Mine never comes on with the TV however I wouldn't want it to. Considering swapping mine out for a proper surround sound system with sound bar and base! You can tie it into the ceiling speakers as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JBL Aura Wall Mount Stereo Owner's Manual - Manuals+.pdf (5.07 MB, 108 views)
JD Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:02 AM   #8

Thank you, I will give this a try. Have also considered swapping it out altogether as well.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:34 PM   #9

Thumbs up JBL Aura Wall Mount Stereo Won't Turn On

Hello, I'm not sure if you fixed or not. I have a 2022 Montana 3813 MS and this same thing happened to me. The system, called the JBL Aura Wall Mount Stereo, had the red power light on, but it wouldn't turn on. For some reason I also did not have the remote. It would not turn on with my RV as well (I've since replaced the TV with the one I had in my house). I finally called Forest River today. They gave me the name of the system and I found the manual online here.

To fix this, open the little flip opening on the front, use a straightened out paperclip and push it gently it into the hole (this is the audio opening, but also where the reset button is). You will feel the button. Hold it down for at least 10 seconds. The power button (which should be red) should turn off. Now you should be able to turn the system on.

This information is found within section 21 of the manual.

Hope this helps.
dijares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 10:28 AM   #10

I just happened to check this while we are in Alex bay, perfect timing. Worked like a charm! Thanks again!!

Tags
mount, stereo