Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2023, 10:06 PM   #1

lights and slides

Just purchased a new 39rkfb . Had it in storage for several months and now the lights inside just flicker and none of the hydraulic slides work. The one slide in the bedroom which is electric still works. Any help would be appreciated.
Mahlstedtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:59 AM   #2

lights and slides (hydraulics) are 12v powered
you need a good charge on the battery.

connect to shore power / generator to charge up the battery and hope that while in storage the battery did not get damaged

Lead acid type battery looses 5% charge even if not connected to anything, needs a trickle charger if being stored for long time

or if you leave the battery connected to the RV/Trailer then parasitic loads may discharge the battery even faster

find out what batteries you have and how to look after them
otherwise they will let you down when you least expect it
you could be hours away from a battery store!
Old 04-12-2023, 05:33 PM   #3

Agree. Low battery wrecks havoc on the hydraulic system.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:10 PM   #4

lights and slides

Thanks for the help. Called the dealership and they had to walk me through the process of reseting the Fire Fly system used on Riverstone 5th wheels. Had 13.6 volts at the solar panel and same at control panel. Once i powered down the system and back up. All good.
Old 06-21-2023, 10:20 PM   #5

Mahlstedtd can you please send me the information on how you powered down the system if you remember??!!??!!
I woke up this morning to the exact same thing. Interior lights are all super dim and flicker occasionally. Electric slide works fine but the three hydraulic slides are also dead. Everything else works perfectly!
Had a mobile RV tech here all day and he was stumped as well. Weíve replaced the converter and checked every fuse and breaker we can find. Everything checks out perfectly but no lights or hydraulic slides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0864.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	371.1 KB
ID:	288958   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0865.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	288959  
andyems10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 08:06 AM   #6

Firefly

Ok, so hope this helps. Inside the passenger side door. There is a sliding door on right hand side. Slide open door.* There is a circuit board. Should have small green light on. If not, look for single red wire that plugs into board.* Disconnect wire. Wait 10 -15 seconds.* Plug back in and look for green light.* If it comes on controller should work.* If not Disconnect main power and red wire. Then try again.* Note: wire and light are hard to see.*
Old 06-23-2023, 01:00 PM   #7

Tried this today. Luckily they are easy to get to, right inside the front compartment, just under the converter that I replaced two days ago. Unfortunately the reset didnít work. I see green lights on the main control board, and also on the VegaTouch box beside it, but nothing changed after unhooking the power. I unhooked shore power and batteries for an hour with no luck.
Iíve been in touch with FireFly, who have been very responsive. They gave me directions to trouble shoot the board itself to see if the board has went bad, which they are saying is very likely due to my symptoms. Luckily I am under warranty and if the board is bad itís not out of pocket.
My only concern now is that I have to move out of my site by Sunday morning, they have it rented and my time is up. Firefly is working on a bypass for me so I can pull my slides in and get moved. Otherwise Iím at a loss as to what to do.
Thanks again for the help. Glad you got yours fixed easily.
Old 07-12-2023, 10:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyems10 View Post
Tried this today. Luckily they are easy to get to, right inside the front compartment, just under the converter that I replaced two days ago. Unfortunately the reset didnít work. I see green lights on the main control board, and also on the VegaTouch box beside it, but nothing changed after unhooking the power. I unhooked shore power and batteries for an hour with no luck.
Iíve been in touch with FireFly, who have been very responsive. They gave me directions to trouble shoot the board itself to see if the board has went bad, which they are saying is very likely due to my symptoms. Luckily I am under warranty and if the board is bad itís not out of pocket.
My only concern now is that I have to move out of my site by Sunday morning, they have it rented and my time is up. Firefly is working on a bypass for me so I can pull my slides in and get moved. Otherwise Iím at a loss as to what to do.
Thanks again for the help. Glad you got yours fixed easily.
Did you get the issue resolve? I had similar issues with my Firefly unit. My rig was less than 45 days old and Firefly took a complete dump. Had to move heaven and earth to get ahold of Firefly and my dealership to get my rig operational. Firefly has some of the worst customer service I've encountered for the junk they put in the Riverstones. My LED ceiling lights would flash. The slides outs wouldn't budge. Nothing controlled by the Firefly unit was operational and Firefly wouldn't respond to emails or voicemails while I'm trying to get my RV moved to take it in for repair. Finally got a new G12 unit installed but I still seem to have issues. Honestly this brand new Riverstone is less realize than our 2005 Tiffin Class-A which we are only selling because we can't get parts for anymore.
deewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 10:30 AM   #9

Sorry. I should have posted the update sooner but I totally forgot. Firefly was actually very responsive. They sent me directions to troubleshoot the control board that was in the crawl space. It turned out that it was fine as well. But by unplugging the connectors it reset somehow and it started working again. Been about 3ish weeks now and no more problems. I tried unplugging shore power and disconnecting the batteries but that didn’t help. Some reason just unplugging the individual connections on the actual control board was all it took.

Tags
light, slide, slides