Old 09-26-2020, 10:34 AM   #1

Lost OneControl Configuration

This morning I woke up and saw that we had incurred a power outage overnight. No big deal.

However....

When I went to the OneControl panel I noticed that most of my apps were missing (Lighting, Awning, etc.). In fact I only have three apps on my panel:
1. MyRV
2. HVAC
3. Leveling

I checked in the Launcher, and everything is now listed as Unknown Device

Lighting Control - All UNKNOWN
Multifunction Unity X2 - All UNKNOWN
RVC Thermostat Control - HVAC #1 and #2 are up. HVAC #3 (bedroom A/C and Heat Pump) is not present.

I put a call in to Austin, but it's Saturday so I don't expect to hear from him until Monday.

I would STRONGLY suggest you save your configuration to a USB backup stick so should this happen to you you can re-load it. I'm pretty sure that each configuration is unique to your given RV, so one most likely won't work for all.

I've done hard resets and soft resets on the control panel. I've completely shut down all power to the RV (disconnected from the power pedestal), and switched off the DC down in the basement. Brought it all back up again, but no changes.

Thankfully it's not going to be cold this weekend, as I can't run the furnace without HVAC #3 (controls the furnace, A/C, and Heat Pump).

2020 Riverstone 39FK
2016 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L PowerStroke Lariat
Jim1521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:57 PM   #2

UPDATE: I've been able to get HVAC #3 back online and working. I've also been able to restore most of the lighting. It's a manual process, where you activate the "unknown" devices one at a time and see who lights up...

I still need to figure out the slides, awning, landing gear and tanks.

I'm doing multiple saves of the configurations as I go.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
Old 09-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1521 View Post
This morning I woke up and saw that we had incurred a power outage overnight. No big deal.

However....

When I went to the OneControl panel I noticed that most of my apps were missing (Lighting, Awning, etc.). In fact I only have three apps on my panel:
1. MyRV
2. HVAC
3. Leveling

I checked in the Launcher, and everything is now listed as Unknown Device

Lighting Control - All UNKNOWN
Multifunction Unity X2 - All UNKNOWN
RVC Thermostat Control - HVAC #1 and #2 are up. HVAC #3 (bedroom A/C and Heat Pump) is not present.

I put a call in to Austin, but it's Saturday so I don't expect to hear from him until Monday.

I would STRONGLY suggest you save your configuration to a USB backup stick so should this happen to you you can re-load it. I'm pretty sure that each configuration is unique to your given RV, so one most likely won't work for all.

I've done hard resets and soft resets on the control panel. I've completely shut down all power to the RV (disconnected from the power pedestal), and switched off the DC down in the basement. Brought it all back up again, but no changes.

Thankfully it's not going to be cold this weekend, as I can't run the furnace without HVAC #3 (controls the furnace, A/C, and Heat Pump).
Thanks for mentioning this, though I'm sorry you have to learn it the hard way. I have an InCommand, but I'm sure it's the same concept. I'll look into backing it up as soon as we get back to the house.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #4

Quick question Jim and others, since I'm new, did they change out what I thought was a "Firefly" controller for the Lippert One Control?? Everything I've seen said it was a Firefly system they are installing in 2020+ but I've also seen the One Control being mentioned quite often with obviously yourself using one. Maybe they are going "to" the Firefly system vs. away?? Not sure so I thought I'd ask.
Bigtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:16 AM   #5

I've seen references to Firefly, but I don't know if/when they switched out from OneControl.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
Old 09-28-2020, 07:13 PM   #6

I worked with Lippert to rebuild my configuration today. I got the slides back, but now I noticed that I have a fault detected on two of the five slides. I'm looking to see if I can locate the slide controllers. Does anyone happen to know where they are located? I did a quick look in the basement but didn't see them. I'll take a closer look tomorrow in there to see if I just missed them.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
Old 09-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #7

Backup

How do I back up the system?
rafisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafisch View Post
How do I back up the system?
You'll need a USB stick.

1. See Figure 1. On the OneControl home screen, in the upper LH Corner touch the OneControl icon 6x.

FIGURE 1

2. See Figures 2 & 3. Touch the stacked icon in the upper LH corner to display the pull down menu. From the pull down menu, select Save.

FIGURE 2

FIGURE 3

3. See Figure 4. Give the file a name. I use MyBackupFile. Click the Save button in the bottom RH corner.

FIGURE 4

4. See Figure 5. The file will begin saving to your USB stick. You can see the progress bar at the bottom.

FIGURE 5

5. See Figure 6. When file is finished Saving, exit out of Configurator by pushing the Back button on the Control Panel

FIGURE 6

6. See Figures 7 & 8. Remove the USB stick and place it in your computer. The USB stick will have a folder called "Configurations". Inside the Configurations folder will be your backup file "MyBackupFile.configV2. That is the backup file.

FIGURE 7

FIGURE 8

2020 Riverstone 39FK
Old 09-29-2020, 10:30 PM   #9
Usually Confused Member

I don’t think these “electronic” switches will ever be reliable. Hopefully in a short time the manufacturers will figure out that most customers do not like them and go back to real switches....and get rid of the residential refrigerators in favor of the tried and true electric/propane units.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I don’t think these “electronic” switches will ever be reliable. Hopefully in a short time the manufacturers will figure out that most customers do not like them and go back to real switches....and get rid of the residential refrigerators in favor of the tried and true electric/propane units.
One would hope.
In an industry always looking to cost-reduce a product or process, what made them choose to install so much electronic control? What must the brain box in my pass through, the control panel display on the wall, and the "bridges" added inside the rooftop air conditioner unit cost? (and the additional wiring harness) I know they just pass the cost of all that on to us. But seriously, how much money did that add? And if we do a cost benefit analysis, the only "benefit" I can see is that I can stand outside or lay in bed and use my cellphone to control some things...

If I had had a choice I would have chosen the "old style" panel of switches by the entry door.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:34 AM   #11

I believe the switch to the Fire Fly system was around late May or early June of this year.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:41 AM   #12

Where is the usb port?
Old 09-30-2020, 08:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
Where is the usb port?
It's on the front panel of the display monitor, lower LH corner.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
Old 09-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #14

SOLVED! Read carefully

I got the configuration file from Austin this morning. However, when I attempted to load it, I got an error that said something to the effect that "this configuration is not compatible with the actual configuration".

I contacted LCI again. The LCI tech knew exactly what the problem was. He mentioned that in many cases the manufacturers will "pre-load" the controllers with a baseline configuration. This baseline configuration did NOT have my HVAC controller or my Levelling controller in it. When I attempted to load the configuration file, the OneControl system takes an inventory of all devices that are detected (they're all riding on the CAN bus). It detected that I had an HVAC controller and a Levelling controller - but the configuration file from Riverstone didn't - so the OneControl system would not allow it to load.

The LCI tech had me disconnect the power to the HVAC and Levelling controllers - so that they were now not detected by OneControl - then try and re-load the Riverstone configuration file. It loaded successfully. I then plugged the HVAC and Levelling controllers back in, and tested to see that everything worked. The configuration was exactly as the day I drove off the lot. I then did a SAVE of my configuration to the USB stick. Now, in the future if I were to have the same problem, I could simply reload the my saved configuration from my USB stick and it will work.

Backup your configuration TODAY!

2020 Riverstone 39FK
Old 09-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #15

Back up Configuration

Well I tried the steps to back up my configuration, but I do not have the One Control Icon in the upper left corner for the menu. I have a 2021 model and they made changes. I have a HOME, DEVICES an SETTINGS. I went through each one and did not find any backup function. I will keep searching.
rafisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafisch View Post
Well I tried the steps to back up my configuration, but I do not have the One Control Icon in the upper left corner for the menu. I have a 2021 model and they made changes. I have a HOME, DEVICES an SETTINGS. I went through each one and did not find any backup function. I will keep searching.
You might have the FireFly controller. Riverstone switched over to that system this year.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
Old 09-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #17

They've obviously spent a lot of time customizing the system to your particular rv.
With USB sticks so cheap, it doesn't make any sense that they don't give you a USB stick with the backup configuration as part of your purchase. By the time you know that you should have backed up the configuration, it's too late.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
They've obviously spent a lot of time customizing the system to your particular rv.
With USB sticks so cheap, it doesn't make any sense that they don't give you a USB stick with the backup configuration as part of your purchase. By the time you know that you should have backed up the configuration, it's too late.
Fully agree.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
Old 10-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #19

Done. It fits on a 1GB drive (smallest I had laying around).

If you just click that top button 6 times to get the advanced menu to load (it might have prompted me "are you sure?" and a new menu loads.
once loaded, stick in a blank thumb drive and it prompts you "do you want to load, or save". pick save, name it and withing a couple seconds its done.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:28 PM   #20

Will this work with my 2021 FKRB toy hauler?
Sapd1098 is offline   Reply With Quote