Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #1

New RiverStone Legacy Owner

Hello to all the RiverStone and RiverStone Legacy Owners. I bought a new 2017 RiverStone Legacy 38FB on September 3rd of 2017. I have only has it out for a total of 3 weeks but me and my girlfriend love it. It is currently in for some minor repairs. Hopefully we will take an couple of weeks trip once it is out of the shop. Later in the year I hope to take a cross country trip in it. I am currently towing it with a 2016 Ford Lariat CC F350 Dually with 3:73 gears. The truck seems to tow if fine. What a big difference in MPG compared to my old 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL. Wishing you all a Happy Camping Year!!!!!
akfshrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #2

Congrats on your new purchase. The Riverstones look real nice but we opted for the Cedar Creek Champagne. Sounds like you have the ideal 5th wheel and the ideal tow vehicle. Enjoy your adventure and safe travels.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #3

Congrats form another Legacy owner, we have a 38mb and really love it. We got about a year and half ago and it has been great with only a couple of minor things wrong.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #4

Congratulations we live fulltime in our 38re and love it
Power31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #5

We are full time in our RiverStone Legacy 38FB and have has no major issues to this point.

It tows fairly well with our 2011 Ram Dually but we wouldn't mind upgrading to a MD truck when finances permit.

It handles temperature extremes quite well and is comfortable at -20 and +90.

Happy travels.
Albertaslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #6

We are Full Timers..Own a 2017 38 RE..We have been in it for about 1 1/2 years.It is our home and it stays on or RV Resort Lot here in Florida. We do not travel in Unit.. We Bought in From RV Show in Harrisburg PA in 2016 and was one of the first 2017..Picked it up in 2016 from Green Castle RV...Do not go there...they alway tell us to call Riverstone....We love the RV but have had issues..that I fixed due to no service dealer here near me for Riverstone Here goes...Had a cold water line break going to the Washer machine it rubbed while RV was transported and broke where the line comes up through a hole near the top stairs gong into bed room behind floor molding had to remove dresser and put compression fitting on line...Knew we had that leak when we came home water was running out from main storage area then going in the plastic panels. Under RV...I have not removed Panels yet...can only imagine what the insulation looks like...MOLD I well bet oh well I get to see how well Holding tanks are holding up...Had bathroom door slide off track..No speakers for music from main Jensen stereo in livning room to master bedroom...The wood stain threw out RV is light in some areas Bath Room vanity.... Before6 I wash roof there is alot of mold on the roof going from side to side along every joist support You can count everyone..I did talk to my neighbor he stater thats normal....Now here the Big One....In side the RV unit You can count every Joist going across ceiling also every Joist I wall from Front to Back. Well I do not half to guess where the Joists are at in the Whole Unit...Do even want to think what behind walls and ceilings. I called Green Castle RV about two month ago the Service Manger is going to get back to me....I am not holding my breath....I am still waiting for phone call...So one day alittle at a time I will take care of the issue at hand...But Me and wife do like alot of features in Unit
Jp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:42 AM   #7

Not a confidence builder. Hope it gets resolved. My neighbor where we are RV'ing had just the opposite results. His black tank was leaking (turns out it was clamped before the fitting on the tank). He called his dealer, who authorized a mobile mechanic (he full times) to come on site, drop his underbelly pan, change out insulation and fix the clamp. All at no charge, even the on site bill. I've heard "Jeff" in the warranty department at Riverstone is a stand up guy (I've spoken to him once for information, and he seems to really know his job). Maybe he can help you out.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:20 AM   #8

Thanks for Info...I will call Jeff at RiverStone, maybe Riverstone will step up as they were very good with help on some issues. I guess the biggest fear is it needs to go back to RiverStone, as we do not have a vehicle to transport.Then they will have to pull back ceiling and walls to take care of issues, but again this is our House and we need to take steps so RV will last...We do Love Our House.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #9

Ceiling inside

Can any FullTimers ForestRiver owner's of a 2017 38RE. See and Count the wall studs and Ceiling joist from inside there Coach? We Full time in Florida, and have three AC also 70 pints Dehumidifier that I empty Two times in a 24hrs.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp1234 View Post
Can any FullTimers ForestRiver owner's of a 2017 38RE. See and Count the wall studs and Ceiling joist from inside there Coach? We Full time in Florida, and have three AC also 70 pints Dehumidifier that I empty Two times in a 24hrs.
We live in ours fulltime since July and haven't noticed any of the problems you are experiencing in hot, humid or extreme cold (-40C/F) weather. To find the location of the wall studs I have to tap on the wall or use a stud finder.

One thing I could suggest is that you inspect the attic vents on the roof, there should be two of them. Also, do you know the relative humidity in your RV, maybe one dehumidifier is not enough?
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #11

Thanks Cypressloser...I did check both vents when I clean the roof two times a year. All clear on top..I am sure someone must or will have same results as our Coach...I hope not but just putting it out there...As when it is very cold outside say around 32 degrees and heater is on in the morning you can count studs from the outside due to condensation I think...but no condensation in windows...that might be the normal.