RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #21

The 38RE and 38MB are the best rear living i have seen. We love it.
JimNKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #22

Quote:
We toured the 39RKFB and I loved the floorplan, but hubby wants rear living.
What we liked about the rear living models (specifically the 38RE) is that you can access the right hand door of the refrigerator as well as get to the dinette, bathroom and bedroom without opening any of the sliders. That comes in handy if you ever want to make a quick nap in a rest area or overnight stop at a Walmart or crowded truck stop where you may not be able to extend the sliders.
2 Hobie Inflatable Kayaks
millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #23

yes those models are beautiful. We also like the 38MB. Millman that was our favorite feature of our previous 5er , bathroom and fridge fully accessible with slides in. Hubby and I both like the 34SLE plan best
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #24
RPB

Congrats on your purchase. We just purchased a 39RKFB ourselves which we will pick up in five days. We have been FT in a smaller FR product (Columbus 295RL) for just over a year. And while I love the RL floor plans, we were overwhelmed with the storage and room in the RK and FB. We can't wait to pick her up. By the way, we bought it while at our winter destination in south Texas. We will be heading home in two weeks so our shakedown cruise will only be about a week long. YIKES!!!
RPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:08 AM   #25

Must have gotten her from Ron Hoover RV. Great sales people, not so great service. When they did our PDI they missed more than they caught. Have a safe trip home
JimNKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNKay View Post
Must have gotten her from Ron Hoover RV. Great sales people, not so great service. When they did our PDI they missed more than they caught. Have a safe trip home
Captain Raincloud,

I want to thank you, on behalf of the OP for bring such a ray of sunshine into their happy moment. Always nice to have someone denigrate what you have purchased and let you know what a poor decision you made.

Just to there is no misunderstanding, I am being VERY sarcastic, but in the nicest way possible.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnkathy View Post
My wife and I took delivery of our 2018 39RKFB two weeks ago and we love it! We sold our home last November and decided to full-time it. We initially moved into a Forest River Legacy MH but here in Washington, the MH wasn't cutout for full time living.
Our dealer (Fife RV Center) brought in our 5th wheel very quick and without any hiccup's. This Riverstone is awesome, we have no complaints at all.
We are ordering our 39RKFB tomorrow and will be going full-time starting June 1st. Do you have any problem lowering the main awning when the bedroom slide is out? Worried that the slide corner trim will damage the awning material.

We like to keep the awning out and tied down in light rain, but of course rollout up when the wind picks up.

Hope you enjoy it.
cwooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #28

It's nice to see so many happy owner's and future owner's comments on this thread. We pick up our 38RE this coming Saturday and I think the DW is getting very excited about it. I've been away on business for the past week so I hope that she's getting excited anyway.
US Army Retired
KenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #29

Welcome from Massachusetts.
BlueStarMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:52 PM   #30

congrats on the new coach from MN.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #31

Brought our coach home yesterday and it towed beautifully. We have it all hooked up on the RV pad beside the house, making it at home for most of yesterday afternoon. Spent the night in it at the dealer in their back lot on Friday night. Just like in a BBQ bottle the regulator acted resulting in no propane to the furnace. We froze that night. We chalk that up to camping.During the inspection we only found 14 issues that need to resolved. Parts were ordered for what could not be repaired on site. There were fewer issues than on our last motorhome. That's a good sign.
US Army Retired
KenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:37 AM   #32

Congratulations Jim & Kay!!! How are you liking your 38re? My husband and I are preparing for the full-time life, and after 5 years of research, working, and planning, the 38re is our dream coach, hopefully to be had by the end of this year. We are so impressed with the construction and floorplan. Pros and cons of your new unit if you wouldn't mind? Thank you very much!
eadebeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:41 AM   #33

Hey guys, My wife and I have a 2018 39RKFB and are currently living in it in the N VA?WV area, so far all is going pretty good. I do have one question, we are having trouble with the door closing, it does not latch easily and if you don't deadbolt it, it seems to want pop open about an inch, any ideas?? Anybody else have this problem?
tigerwolf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #34

We have a 39FK, and our steps froze the other night, lifting them slightly, and in turn, we were unable to shut the door all the way, after opening it. At first I thought it might have been condensation. Maybe your door swelled? If it's getting pretty cold or freezing some nights, and you've got the propane furnace running, a dehumidifier would be a great investment. Just a thought...others might have better answers for you.
eadebeaux is offline   Reply With Quote