Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2019, 11:58 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Problems with RiverStone

We have had problems with our Riverstone since it was only a couple months old and the problems have gotten worse and more numerous. Forest River states on their website that customer satisfaction is their #1 priority yet we have been virtually ignored, numerous phone calls and emails not returned. We are seriously regretting this purchase and feel like we paid for a new custom order trailer and got a used broken piece of junk. It looks pretty but the quality and workmanship just aren't there. We have fixed quite a few things ourselves because we got tired of waiting for answers that never came and are out of pocket on things that we shouldn't be on a supposedly new, quality, tested trailer. We wish we could go back in time and buy something else, this has been a very stressful experience. This was supposed to be our dream trailer and it has turned into a nightmare. Now what?
__________________

Sammy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:56 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Thumbs down 39RKFB

We bought a 39RKFB last fall and have had a lot of problems, some of them pretty major. The lack of concern and customer service from Forest River is unbelievable. We are not happy campers! First problem came up when the trailer was only 2 months old and things have gone downhill from there. We are seriously regretting the purchase and don't know what to do next to get help. In answer to the fridge question with slides in, you can get to the fridge if you climb over the table, unless you're short like me! So obviously I would NOT recommend a Forest River product at this time unless they start stepping up and showing us the customer satisfaction they talk about on their website!!!!
__________________

Sammy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 564
Sorry about your issues with your Riverstone. Your experiences are quite the opposite of mine. Not only did Riverstone warranty and fix my punch list of repairs (mainly minor fit and finish) after 6 months of a lot of use, they good will replaced my awnings (color didn't match with paint). Warranty staff even came out to the dealership to oversee my concerns. Curious what issues you have, who have you dealt with, and what steps you've taken to mitigate the issues. Is this a dealer or Riverstone issue. Regardless, I hope you get your concerns addressed. I love my 38MB, using it 180 days last year.
Rusty
__________________
2019 Riverstone Legacy 38MB
Full Paint Merlot/All Options
2015 Black Ford Platinum Diesel F-350 Dually
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 183
Always curious when a new poster comes to a forum and starts a rant with no details of the problems they are having, at this point it’s just bashing. Not saying you are not having issues but please state what they are and maybe you will receive some help.

As stated by the previous reply, our 38 FB 2 has been great and the folks at RiverStone will help when needed.
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:32 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 2,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy94 View Post
We have had problems with our Riverstone since it was only a couple months old and the problems have gotten worse and more numerous. Forest River states on their website that customer satisfaction is their #1 priority yet we have been virtually ignored, numerous phone calls and emails not returned. We are seriously regretting this purchase and feel like we paid for a new custom order trailer and got a used broken piece of junk. It looks pretty but the quality and workmanship just aren't there. We have fixed quite a few things ourselves because we got tired of waiting for answers that never came and are out of pocket on things that we shouldn't be on a supposedly new, quality, tested trailer. We wish we could go back in time and buy something else, this has been a very stressful experience. This was supposed to be our dream trailer and it has turned into a nightmare. Now what?
numerous phone calls and emails not returned.
Phone calls and emails to whom? Who have you been addressing your problems to? Your first contact should be your dealer, not the factory. What is the dealer telling you about your issues? (And what are they, really?)

Hope you get some satisfaction, but your post kind of looks like a rant rather than an attempt to solve a problem.
__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
ďIt's not how old you are, it's how you are old.ĒJules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:02 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
numerous phone calls and emails not returned.
Phone calls and emails to whom? Who have you been addressing your problems to? Your first contact should be your dealer, not the factory. What is the dealer telling you about your issues? (And what are they, really?)

Hope you get some satisfaction, but your post kind of looks like a rant rather than an attempt to solve a problem.
I would agree here with Capt. Mike but I have relayed his post to FROG Bob while at our Brass Ring Rally so hopefully this person can get directed to someone who can assist them.
__________________
2017 River Stone Legacy 38mb
2001 Kenworth T2000
2008 Smart on deck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #7
Retirednut1
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: NC
Posts: 5
Riverstone has quality control problem

I love the look and layout of my 39FK. I don't think the complaints are bashing, they have serious problems not unlike most manufacturers of RV units. My unit is now one year old have had 64 items repaired. So far as long has you bring it back to Shipshewana they will fix them. Problems as a hold range from lights not working to outside paint bubbling. One control replacement to power reel replacement. So far customer service has been painful to deal with. For the ones that have been lucky, wait and pray that your unit will not have serious problems. This is my fifth unit, I expect problems no matter how much you pay but Forest River needs to address their quality control and customer service. If ten people read these reviews and decide not to buy a Riverstone that's 50 or 60 thousand dollars cost X 10 =$600,000. You would think that would raise a red flag to upper management. Good luck to all us bashers.
Retirednut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 564
If ten people read these reviews and decide not to buy a Riverstone that's 50 or 60 thousand dollars cost X 10 =$600,000.

I want to know where you can get a Riverstone for 50 grand? LOL. But I understand your point. Hope your issues get resolved.

Rusty
__________________
2019 Riverstone Legacy 38MB
Full Paint Merlot/All Options
2015 Black Ford Platinum Diesel F-350 Dually
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:09 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,367
To the OP check the link below and reach out to Bob Byrne I did point out your issue to him while at a rally but not sure he has contacted you yet. He might be able to steer you in the right direction for help.

FROG Contact Us
__________________
2017 River Stone Legacy 38mb
2001 Kenworth T2000
2008 Smart on deck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:20 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,688
4 days and no reply. Drive-by Rant and Run.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:34 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Mountain Falls, VA
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
4 days and no reply. Drive-by Rant and Run.

__________________
Mark & Heather
Mountain Falls, VA

2019 Salem FSX 179DBK
firemedicmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:52 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
frank4711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North Port Florida
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
4 days and no reply. Drive-by Rant and Run.
Yep ??? I had one minor issue and I was at the dealership for something else and the service guy was not helpful "you will need a appointment" sure walked away asked for a manager explained and was done and part ordered in 3 minutes ... everything else has been very good ... PDI was excellent .... I see so many good post of FR taking care of issues that are even out of warranty... of course it is the internet and everything you read is true
__________________
Frank & Cindy---S Class Solitude 2930RL (SOB)---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 14 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Angry Not a rant but thanks for the insults!

Unlike some people I don't sit down at my computer every day because I'm busy. Yes, we have had major issues with our trailer and it is ongoing and getting worse. The main issue is the levelling system, so far we have had the original pump replaced and it is also defective. We have excessive movement and constant noise, popping, cracking, etc. Last night while sitting down, not moving at all, there was a big banging noise from somewhere under the trailer. The constant movement and noise is very annoying. We also had the bottom step come off and my husband fell down, fortunately not hurting himself too seriously. Today I found that the top step is coming loose. There are now problems with the slides coming in and out and we have to re-level every couple days because the pump is defective. The hardware on the basement doors is very poorly designed and several brackets have come loose and are hanging with a lot of the screws exposed. Our microwave was installed so crooked that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't because the door is not aligned properly. Stain is coming off some cupboards, several valance glass inserts were loose, ready to fall out, and parts of the kitchen backsplash are loose. Several times we have had no hot water for a whole day for no apparent reason. The finish is coming off the shower taps, and the toilet seat in one bathroom. The lino in the kitchen has bubbles and one area that looks like a flaw or a hole that was sealed in the lino. Etc, etc, etc.....I could add 10 or 15 more things that are wrong with this trailer. Just because you've been lucky don't assume that everyone else is and has had no problems. My husband works in the RV business and has been in constant contact with the dealer, Lippert, and Forest River. Forest River has virtually ignored us and the dealer until recently. One email from Forest River was really rude and I don't think they actually believed us about the movement until yesterday when the tech working on our trailer talked to them on the phone.The dealer is trying but it is very slow going. The first issue was when the trailer was only 2 month old and one toilet started to leak. "4 days and no reply, drive by rant and run". All I can say is WOW, I thought this was a place for owners to talk and maybe get some help, not get bashed and insulted by people who think I'm lying. I am really disappointed in several posters on here, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This whole Riverstone experience has been disappointing and stressfull and people I thought might understand are making it worse! This was supposed to be our dream RV but it's turned into a nightmare. For the people being nice and trying to help, THX.
Sammy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:44 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,367
Sorry for all your issues but I know we have tried twice to pass on a contact number once here and also on the Facebook group. I know it is frustrating but keep trying to get things taken care of, once again please try to contact FROG as Bob is a very helpful person who will do his best for you.
__________________
2017 River Stone Legacy 38mb
2001 Kenworth T2000
2008 Smart on deck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:31 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Thumbs up contact

We don't have very good internet where we live out in the boonies so I rarely go on FB because it just doesn't work well. The link you provided wouldn't open before, but does now so thank you for that.
Sammy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
Selective Curmudgeon
 
Halfmast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Green Cove Springs
Posts: 108
"If ten people read these reviews and decide not to buy a Riverstone that's 50 or 60 thousand dollars cost X 10 =$600,000."

Absolutely true. I'm in the market for a new fifth wheel. Saw a great new rear kitchen floorplan and color scheme on a Jayco. I went to their Owners' Forum and searched on that model. First post I found was a litany of issues its first time out.

Quality issues affect most every brand, true. However, I had a lawyer friend who advised many a client, "Don't buy an argument."

One post = no Jayco in my future.
__________________
2016 Ford F350 Diesel Dually
2020 Sandpiper 368FBDS
Halfmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:17 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy94 View Post
We don't have very good internet where we live out in the boonies so I rarely go on FB because it just doesn't work well. The link you provided wouldn't open before, but does now so thank you for that.
I understand about lousy internet, hope FROG Bob gets you the help needed, keep us posted.
__________________

__________________
2017 River Stone Legacy 38mb
2001 Kenworth T2000
2008 Smart on deck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.


×