Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2021, 09:21 PM   #1

Riverstone 39RKFB issues?

I have been looking at trading my camper for a Riverstone 39RKFB and was wondering if anyone has had issues with the rear kitchen floorplan in regards to tail bounce while traveling. Any issues with things in the refrigerator, cabinets, etc. getting bounced around?
Thanks in advance.

2018 Coachmen Chaparral 370FL
2015 Ford F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke King Ranch
HotRodTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:33 AM   #2

I have heard once where someone had a fridge shelf fall while traveling but they did state they might have had to much loaded on the shelf, but also said the roads where really rough so maybe a combo. Now we do not have a rear kitchen but do try to plan close to a travel day to arrange our fridge with heavy things low or secure.
Another thing on that model there has been a rash of down tubes in the front bathroom toilet being to long and it ends up creating a back up and might not drain well, just letting you know something to watch. Good luck on your decision and if you need a dealer I can offer a couple of them for price OR service, unfortunately not both at the same place.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I have heard once where someone had a fridge shelf fall while traveling but they did state they might have had to much loaded on the shelf, but also said the roads where really rough so maybe a combo. Now we do not have a rear kitchen but do try to plan close to a travel day to arrange our fridge with heavy things low or secure.

Another thing on that model there has been a rash of down tubes in the front bathroom toilet being to long and it ends up creating a back up and might not drain well, just letting you know something to watch. Good luck on your decision and if you need a dealer I can offer a couple of them for price OR service, unfortunately not both at the same place.

I own a 2019 39RKFB. The problem with the forward facing refrigerator that I’ve found is that, during braking, items on the shelves want to keep going forward. There is a bolt with a flat disc top that spins in between the two refrigerator doors and the bottom freezer door and it stops the doors from opening. However, the items on the shelves will eventually fall off the shelves into the space between them and the front door. The first time you open the door after stopping somewhere for the night, you’re playing “how many items can I catch before they hit the floor”. Tried some no slip shelf liners and they helped but didn’t solve it. Las time on the road, I put the items in boxes on the shelf and that worked.

Also had the problem with the front toilet piping being too long.
JGalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 02:12 PM   #4

Friends with the RKFB use tension bars to help hold items from falling in between the shelves and the doors
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:44 AM   #5

Hey there.
We have the 2020 39RKFB Legacy and had similar concerns with the fridge. Our solution, BALLOONS! Picked up a dozen of quality 12 inch and 24 inch latex balloons, blew them up half way and placed in between the items and the shelf above or in front and have had great success. By only filling halfway they can squeeze in between some of the odd shapes. Worked so good that we now use them for securing all of our storage ( dishes, pantry etc ) on travel days.
As for bouncing, it does tend to get bad on rough roads but the air ride hitch absorbs a lot.
As for the drain, haven’t noticed any issues but I do primarily use the half bath for seated operations . However, it has 2 black tanks so it really doesn’t have that long of a run.
Overall, the missus and I love the floor plan and it works great for us.
Good luck on finding the right rig!
TF Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #6

I don't have a forward facing fridge but I mine has some movement as well. I used Styrofoam packing blocks. You can cut them to any size.
NJBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:09 AM   #7

We picked up our '21 RKFB in August , no major issues with the rear kitchen other than the fridge shelves shifting which the DW has solved but we also have the MoRyde IS under our coach , I did have a few minor leaks in the shower around the lower shower door track and a little re-caulk solved that
Old 09-07-2021, 11:57 PM   #8

I like the balloon idea!