Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2022, 08:42 AM   #21

It’s a shame all the way around really. One of my largest complaints is that the manufacturer blames the dealer and dealer blames manufacturer. They’re technically supposed to be partners but all the trash talk and finger pointing leads me to believe they are each other’s nemesis.

That said…sorry you had those issues. It’s no fun for sure. Like you said, for the amount of $$$ we all spend, expectations were and should be much higher. We have not experienced the issues with Riverstone service that you have as they e been responsive and diligent. The dealer (other than the service manager who’s hands are usually tied) is worthless and not good to repair a dog house let alone an RV.

Currently the only remaining outstanding issues from our original list we have are the slide controller relay and the fridge incorrectly set. However, we have discovered new issues and we are exactly 9 days in of ownership. Our shower drain, similar to yours was not draining well and I began to investigate and the PVC connection in the basement storage was barely hand tight, no cement and leaking shower water all over our items underneath. An easy fix for sure but should that be something a new owner has to fix? We have also discovered that the left rear latch on the garage door is flexed and bent. We kept hearing this knocking when we would walk around and couldn’t figure out it’s source until pure coincidence allowed me to see it. These are hardened steel “jaws” that clamp the door pin. The one is bent. I couldn’t do that if I tried. But that little discrepancy causes any movement to sound like a woodpecker. Finally, and probably not the last, we installed our own TV in the outdoor compartment and have used it twice with the door open. When that door is held open by that little plastic clip it causes the hinge to flex downward due to the weight of the door. This has now caused the caulking to pull away from the camper is now no longer water tight. Terrytown suggestion - get some more screws to hold the hinge. Riverstone suggestion - we can send you a new door and hinge but it will be white and you’ll have to get it painted to match.

Honestly, we love the layout and the camper, but all these issues have completely soured us on Riverstone and we won’t get another. It’s too bad.
OurHappyHomeOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:51 AM   #22

We have arranged to stay onsite over night when we pick ours up (mostly due to the distance we have to drive to pick it up) and we will run through everything with a fine tooth comb. I really appreciate you guys identifying some trouble areas. I have not had a dishwasher or washer/dryer in a unit before, so this is some new territory for me. I will take a very long look over the unit before I even sign to take it for the night as I am sure they will expect me to take possession before then.

I bet the delivery driver for the unit plugged the tire on the trip and the dealer never knew it was there. Or they may have known and not cared.
darrellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
We have arranged to stay onsite over night when we pick ours up (mostly due to the distance we have to drive to pick it up) and we will run through everything with a fine tooth comb. I really appreciate you guys identifying some trouble areas. I have not had a dishwasher or washer/dryer in a unit before, so this is some new territory for me. I will take a very long look over the unit before I even sign to take it for the night as I am sure they will expect me to take possession before then.

I bet the delivery driver for the unit plugged the tire on the trip and the dealer never knew it was there. Or they may have known and not cared.

Make sure that they hook up water when you inspect. That was one thing we found that the normal prep doesnít usually encompass. Weird.

Good luck and stay sane.
Old 05-06-2022, 03:41 PM   #24
P18

Riverstone Legacy issues

Interesting to see your post. I have a 2018 Legacy 38RE. When I picked it up from the dealer it had been "checked out" but it was apparent that the sales people were clueless about the trailer. First they gave me the wrong keys for the trailer and it has gone downhill from there. I must say Forest River was helpful at first as I found issues with the trailer. They have sent me a new door lock and new lounge chairs. (Which were as bad as the original ones.). The glass in the window valences was falling out so I removed all of them, reglued the glass back into the valences and applied metal clips to all. The TV cables are all mislabeled. The kitchen overhead woodwork was falling apart, not having been properly glued and nailed at the factory.
The best, however, is the kitchen slide. I noted it a bit out on one side when picked up but didn't think anything of it. Long story short, it became so bad that the slide gears skipped on the rail gear teeth. Riverstone refuses to address it as it was brought to their attention one month after warranty. First repair shop worked it for three months, replaced a gear pack and gave up. Second repair shop worked it for two months, replaced a gear pack and rail then gave up. I worked directly with Lippert who were most helpful and provided all available repair and installation diagrams to no avail. I placed rollers under the slide out to no avail. It still cocked in the opening and the gear packs skip teeth. It is scheduled into a third shop this fall to remove and check the slide.
I have now not had use of my very expensive trailer for over two years. So, when you take delivery of a trailer, run everything, many times. Tow it a hundred miles to shake it up and then run everything again!
On the comments about trailer weight, I have found that my trailer is also overweight, as delivered from the factory, for the installed axles. I have removed as much as practical from behind the axles to the front of the trailer to put more weight on the hitch without overloading it.
As a fellow camper commented to me as he was having issues with his new Tiffen Class A, "You know who the quality inspectors are on these things? The first owner."
P18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:32 PM   #25

It’s a shame to be honest. I’ve actually put some feelers out there to some other owners. Someone needs to be held accountable. I will keep you all posted
Old 05-06-2022, 07:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by P18 View Post
On the comments about trailer weight, I have found that my trailer is also overweight, as delivered from the factory, for the installed axles. I have removed as much as practical from behind the axles to the front of the trailer to put more weight on the hitch without overloading it.
Two years sucks! But you know you subtract the pin weight from the trailer to validate whether the axles are enough, right? 2 8,000# axles, plus 4000 pin weight gives you 20k of gvwr. I have not looked up your specific model, but I suspect you will find the axles sufficiently rated.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:37 PM   #27

I appreciate your post. I hope your Rv is getting its kinks worked out an your able to fully enjoy it because she is a beauty. We received our new Riverstone 42 fskg this past March and parked it for a month to learn/discover all things possible as we are newbies. Your section on the washing machine was very helpful. So far, weíve had two issues; the entry door would not stay shut/hard to close. We had to remove and reposition the strike plate. It worked. Also, the shower door latch either unlatched itself or we didnít push it down all the way (Most likely the cases and the doors slammed back and forth during trip until the metal piece that holds all three glass sections when in open position broke off. Luckily, no cracked glass. YouTube videos are extremely helpful if you know how to search & sift through subject keywords like a ninja. Lol. Best to all!
Sojourn3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 02:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparjerger View Post
I appreciate your post. I hope your Rv is getting its kinks worked out an your able to fully enjoy it because she is a beauty. We received our new Riverstone 42 fskg this past March and parked it for a month to learn/discover all things possible as we are newbies. Your section on the washing machine was very helpful. So far, weíve had two issues; the entry door would not stay shut/hard to close. We had to remove and reposition the strike plate. It worked. Also, the shower door latch either unlatched itself or we didnít push it down all the way (Most likely the cases and the doors slammed back and forth during trip until the metal piece that holds all three glass sections when in open position broke off. Luckily, no cracked glass. YouTube videos are extremely helpful if you know how to search & sift through subject keywords like a ninja. Lol. Best to all!

Glad to hear youíre taking to the road in your new rig. Itís exciting for sure. Yes, Riverstone has fixed all but one remaining issue. The outside TV compartment door is just simply too heavy for the hinge and itís caused flexing which led to leaking. Riverstone wants to send a new door and have me get paint to match. That wonít fix the issue. We created a work around which is getting manufactured here locally as I write this. Basically a diamond plate bracket mounted to the door to support two hydraulic trunk closers from a Ford Expedition. Ha.

Our front door had the same issue and we did the same fix you mentioned.

I mean overall we love the rig, but highly disappointed with the level of quality and attention to detail from the manufacturer. We still feel that at this price point our higher expectations were more than warranted.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:03 PM   #29

got the same group of problems

I'll make this brief. Basically, I have some of the same problems. The thing that really got me upset was the refrigerator problem. My friend and I spenT a whole day moving the thing out so the doors would open. Never worked. You can't move it out far enough. we took the trim on the cabinet off and replaced it with thinner boards. I did all this because when I complained to Riverstone and the dealer their reply was "well, that's not a warranty item". I CAN'T OPEN MY REFRIGERATOR DOORS AND YOU SAY IT'S NOT A WARRANTY ITEM... this thing has more problems than a bleeding man in shark infested waters. RIVERSTONE COULDN'T CARE LESS AND THE DEALER WANTS 2-3 MONTHS TO FIX THE ITEMS. THE PRODUCT IS PURE JUNK. $150,000 WORTH OF JUNK.
ngphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:08 PM   #30
BMullins46

As is typical I wonder if the OP has been dealing with Forest River or have they actually contacted the Riverstone people directly? It can make a big difference in the response you get. To the OP, be SURE you are talking to the Riverstone warranty people! I have found that talking to the warranty people from the brand of RV can be very helpful provided you approach them in a positive manner and are reasonable in your request. With the FROG rally having just ended they may be "swamped" so give a couple days to reply.
BMullins46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMullins46 View Post
As is typical I wonder if the OP has been dealing with Forest River or have they actually contacted the Riverstone people directly? It can make a big difference in the response you get. To the OP, be SURE you are talking to the Riverstone warranty people! I have found that talking to the warranty people from the brand of RV can be very helpful provided you approach them in a positive manner and are reasonable in your request. With the FROG rally having just ended they may be "swamped" so give a couple days to reply.
Not OP, but I have been trying all of the avenues I have to get a response from Riverstone as my RV sits in the shop week after week. Anyone have a good number that actually get answered for Riverstone?
Old 11-23-2022, 08:29 PM   #32

Well, my 42FSKG just arrived at the dealer the other day. This is our second RV. Never had any issues with the first one but I will be looking very diligently at this one. I will also ask to overnight at location with water and power to go over as much as we can being that it's a full days drive between home and dealer.
TennTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:52 AM   #33

better look really close

Bought my 42FSKG back in March. The list of problems is so long I would have to get a publisher to write them all. Forest River has been 0 help and couldn't care less. The dealer has done what they can, but I can't give the unit to them for endless amounts of time. I will never buy another forest river product as long as i live. Good luck with yours.
ngphoto is offline   Reply With Quote