Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2021, 09:21 PM   #1

Riverstone Legacy 42FSKG

Well my new mobile palace has arrived. Paid the balance today after doing a full walk through after the dealer did their PDI.

Riverstone Legacy 42FSKG Scarlett Storm
MORryde ISS
Trail Air 21K
570W of Solar (30A PWM)
Onan 5500 Generator
4 Camera System
Decorator White/Dark Roast interior
3rd AC, Heat Pump
Slide Toppers
50" Outside TV

Sold the house, so will be headed full time at the beginning of the month. It showed up early and finding a spot for over Memorial Day weekend on short notice, yeah NOT likely.

Thanks for everyone's insight thus far. Learning a lot from the many knowledgeable folks here. I very much appreciate all the insights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0505211647_HDR.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	376.0 KB
ID:	254872   Click image for larger version

Name:	0505211645.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	254873   Click image for larger version

Name:	0505211645_HDR.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	254874   Click image for larger version

Name:	0505211645a.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	254875   Click image for larger version

Name:	0505211644.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	254879  

2021 Riverstone Legacy 42FSKG
2016 RAM 3500 DRW
llamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:37 PM   #2

Nice! I have a 2017 39fl riverstone! Really enjoy it! You will enjoy it !
GFAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFAR View Post
Nice! I have a 2017 39fl riverstone! Really enjoy it! You will enjoy it !
That's the hope. Will be in Ohio for the first year or so. They certainly do seems to be well built units. Looking forward to the journey I'm about to set out upon.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 05-19-2021, 05:05 AM   #4

Congratulations. Looks beautiful. I'd go full time if I could persuade the wife. Have to settle for being snowbirds. Grandkids.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 05:54 AM   #5

Congrats and welcome to the River Stone family!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #6

Awesome!! Congratulations!!

We just picked ours up last week! We have the exact same interior and much of the options except we went with a GEN-Y Hitch (we wanted gooseneck), Convection and no outdoor TV but everything else. We did our PDi and found just a few things that needed to be tweaked. We did find that the shower wall (left side) is coming away from the wall. The tech fixed it while we were there but we can see it pull away again. Hopefully we can get this fixed at the FROG rally.

One other item I found later - missed on my walk through. The solar controller (we have 3 panels as well) was showing battery voltage but no leds were lit. I noticed that the batteries were not getting charged while boondocking at Walmart. Ended up that I had no voltage coming to the solar controller - went up on the roof and found that they wired the panels incorrectly. I corrected it which solved the issue - so make sure your leds are lit on the solar controller!!

Another thing that is concerning.

The factory sticker states a weight of 18,491 from the factory (on the lippert pinbox). We had expected the weight to be in the high 17k range according to the Forest River specs... but I guess with the generator and our configuration put us a bit higher.

On our way home from the dealer, we stopped at a CAT Scale.
First Weigh was truck and trailer
Steer - 5560
Drive 9300
Trailer 16,300
Total 31,160

Second weigh with the truck only (full tanks as in the first) 2019 RAM 3500 Dually, Cummins HO, Asin and 4:10 rear.

Truck alone
Steer - 5400
Drive 4020
Total 9420

Taking the first weight of the trailer and truck 31,160 - 9420 (Truck Alone) should give me the trailer weight - 21,740

We were 740 over the weight in the trailer. The truck was well within capacity and the total overall weight was fine for this truck (Max Towing is 34,432 lbs). Now we had many items in the trailer that we were transporting home for someone but I would have guessed 200 pounds or so. We don't even have a toy in the garage!! We will be taking some of the items out and reweighing the trailer again - perhaps we had more water onboard that we should for the first trip home.

Just something to check - be interested to hear what others are finding their weight to be in the 42FSKG.

Enjoy your new rig!! We will have to stay connected! All the best!! Safe travels!
RVTYME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTYME View Post
We just picked ours up last week! We have the exact same interior and much of the options except we went with a GEN-Y Hitch (we wanted gooseneck), Convection and no outdoor TV but everything else. We did our PDi and found just a few things that needed to be tweaked. We did find that the shower wall (left side) is coming away from the wall. The tech fixed it while we were there but we can see it pull away again. Hopefully we can get this fixed at the FROG rally.

One other item I found later - missed on my walk through. The solar controller (we have 3 panels as well) was showing battery voltage but no leds were lit. I noticed that the batteries were not getting charged while boondocking at Walmart. Ended up that I had no voltage coming to the solar controller - went up on the roof and found that they wired the panels incorrectly. I corrected it which solved the issue - so make sure your leds are lit on the solar controller!!

Another thing that is concerning.

The factory sticker states a weight of 18,491 from the factory (on the lippert pinbox). We had expected the weight to be in the high 17k range according to the Forest River specs... but I guess with the generator and our configuration put us a bit higher.

Just something to check - be interested to hear what others are finding their weight to be in the 42FSKG.

Enjoy your new rig!! We will have to stay connected! All the best!! Safe travels!
Yeah the weight tag was like 18.5K so by the time the toy and the gear gets loaded, I've got to be careful.

Did the dealer or did FR do the GenY Gooseneck hitch? When I talked to the factory reps last year during a tour, they said they weren't planning on introducing a gooseneck option. So just wondering if FR or Lippert has finally given their blessing on this option. Would save me a bit of weight in the truck if so. Not to mention a ton of space without the big steel hitch in the bed.

Thanks for the suggestions on the solar. Things were lit up on the panel, but didn't notice if the LEDs were on.

Definitely looking forward to the 1st when I can get it onsite and start moving in.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 05-19-2021, 07:20 PM   #8

My previous toyhauler I put a Reese Gooseneck 20K which I loved! Because Reese does not make a larger capacity gooseneck I looked for other solutions. I purchased the GEN-Y and had the dealer install (I watched) - went on easily and gives me plenty of bedrail clearance with the height as well as turning radius which is what I had concerns with. Super happy so far with the GEN-Y so far.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:49 PM   #9

Quote:
My previous toyhauler I put a Reese Gooseneck 20K which I loved! Because Reese does not make a larger capacity gooseneck I looked for other solutions. I purchased the GEN-Y and had the dealer install (I watched) - went on easily and gives me plenty of bedrail clearance with the height as well as turning radius which is what I had concerns with. Super happy so far with the GEN-Y so far.
K. So Nick wasn't leading me on at the factory. Glad it's working out and I hope it doesn't cause any issues. Until Lippert signs off on them, I'll stick with the kingpin for now. Reese is supposed to be working on a larger Goosebox so I that might be another option for us big boys.

Thanks again

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 05-29-2021, 10:04 AM   #10

Well Tuesday is the big day. Looks like the dealer is going to be replacing the trifold sofa that won't lock back into it's upright position. They had to do some work to get the garage lift system working right. Sounds like they had to re-align the racks and replace a motor.

Obviously not in it yet, but the initial quality seems pretty solid. I'll be documenting a lot more about the unit in this thread so at least a snapshot in time of what was used. Would folks find this useful? Suggestions? Just try to give back to a great community of folks.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 06-04-2021, 06:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamb View Post
Well Tuesday is the big day. Looks like the dealer is going to be replacing the trifold sofa that won't lock back into it's upright position. They had to do some work to get the garage lift system working right. Sounds like they had to re-align the racks and replace a motor.

Obviously not in it yet, but the initial quality seems pretty solid. I'll be documenting a lot more about the unit in this thread so at least a snapshot in time of what was used. Would folks find this useful? Suggestions? Just try to give back to a great community of folks.

Absolutely great to hear from others on how things are going. We are still adjusting where things go. I am installing my cellular antenna on the roof with my pepwave modem in the upper entry closet. I had ethernet cables installed and will be hooking up my AppleTVs, Dishnetwork receiver along with a hub. Putting in all the clear rubber stoppers to keep the cabinet doors from banging the walls. Going to be pulling out the small inverter and lead batteries and replacing with our 3k inverter and purchasing lithium. installing my surge protector as well. Most of the items are from my previous RV (except the batteries). Let the fun begin!
Old 06-04-2021, 08:05 AM   #12

Instead of using those rubber stoppers to protect the cabinets try these (they should have been standard from the factory but the designers seem to have missed this little detail) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VWYN115...C2S?pldnSite=1
Old 06-04-2021, 08:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
Instead of using those rubber stoppers to protect the cabinets try these (they should have been standard from the factory but the designers seem to have missed this little detail) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VWYN115...C2S?pldnSite=1
Oh yea thanks. They could be an option as well! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-29-2021, 01:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Awesome!! Congratulations!!

Picked mine up on Saturday and noticed the same thing. The shower wall on the back (the big one) was pulling away as well as the trim on top. They fixed it before I left, but its pulling away again. He said its only held on there by double sided tape and some adhesive that they don't spread evenly.

Had a couple other minor things, CO2 detector (well that's not minor, the fix was) wasn't working. They didn't strip the wire enough. One of the locks on the the rear pass through just spun (replaced the lock), another lock just had some manufacturing cosmetic defects (they replaced that too).
sboisvert74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboisvert74 View Post
Picked mine up on Saturday and noticed the same thing. The shower wall on the back (the big one) was pulling away as well as the trim on top. They fixed it before I left, but its pulling away again. He said its only held on there by double sided tape and some adhesive that they don't spread evenly.

Had a couple other minor things, CO2 detector (well that's not minor, the fix was) wasn't working. They didn't strip the wire enough. One of the locks on the the rear pass through just spun (replaced the lock), another lock just had some manufacturing cosmetic defects (they replaced that too).
Yeah... I saw when the dealer pulled back the wall - not much adhesive so I understand why it is pulling away. Although our dealer reattached, same thing happening all around. We are attending the FROG rally and hopefully will have the FR techs take a look and come up with a better solution. I will respond once this is done to let folks know.

Really only a few things that we made adjustments... The drawers that are built in the stairs going to the kitchen and going to the bedroom - they stick out too far and I caught it twice with my foot - MAN that HURT!! I replaced with handles that don't stick out so far. Also, the handles on the cabinet to the left of the entry door - had to replace those handles as it would catch my short sleeve shirt!! Caught me a few times - not a biggie but replaced those handles as well. We are now going to find a solution for the shower skylight as it brings in a lot of heat in. I do like having it so I want to have a shade of some sort that can open/close - just haven't seen anything I am thrilled with. Other than that... we haven't had any issues.. loving it. Safe travels to all!
Old 06-29-2021, 02:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Yeah... I saw when the dealer pulled back the wall - not much adhesive so I understand why it is pulling away. Although our dealer reattached, same thing happening all around. We are attending the FROG rally and hopefully will have the FR techs take a look and come up with a better solution. I will respond once this is done to let folks know.

Really only a few things that we made adjustments... The drawers that are built in the stairs going to the kitchen and going to the bedroom - they stick out too far and I caught it twice with my foot - MAN that HURT!! I replaced with handles that don't stick out so far. Also, the handles on the cabinet to the left of the entry door - had to replace those handles as it would catch my short sleeve shirt!! Caught me a few times - not a biggie but replaced those handles as well. We are now going to find a solution for the shower skylight as it brings in a lot of heat in. I do like having it so I want to have a shade of some sort that can open/close - just haven't seen anything I am thrilled with. Other than that... we haven't had any issues.. loving it. Safe travels to all!
I saw a post in another thread about the same thing with the skylight. I noticed that too when I spent the night in the rig at the dealer. Someone mentioned the Duo Form RV Skylight shades. I haven't measured the skylight yet (literally just saw the thread a few minutes ago). https://www.duoformplastics.com/rvskylightshades
sboisvert74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboisvert74 View Post
I saw a post in another thread about the same thing with the skylight. I noticed that too when I spent the night in the rig at the dealer. Someone mentioned the Duo Form RV Skylight shades. I haven't measured the skylight yet (literally just saw the thread a few minutes ago). https://www.duoformplastics.com/rvskylightshades
Based on the measuring guide, looks like the 22"x30" would fit the skylight.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 06-29-2021, 06:16 PM   #18

Quote:

I'll agree the shower wall could use a little better adhesive. The drawers, already stepped on the handle and bent both of them so they came off. Haven't figured out another handle option that might be better. Need to measure the current holes and look around.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 07-01-2021, 07:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamb View Post
I'll agree the shower wall could use a little better adhesive. The drawers, already stepped on the handle and bent both of them so they came off. Haven't figured out another handle option that might be better. Need to measure the current holes and look around.

We replaced ours with this handle from Lowes. - SKU # 1461283. Seems much better - handle is closer to the drawer and I haven't stepped on it since installed.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:44 PM   #20

Quote:
We replaced ours with this handle from Lowes. - SKU # 1461283. Seems much better - handle is closer to the drawer and I haven't stepped on it since installed.
Thanks. Gives me an option at least.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW