Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 02:08 AM   #21

Hi all. Picked ours up in March and went full time April 6th. Here’s our punch list:
-shower pulled away ( tried reglue, lasted a week)
-Ordered heat pump on main a/c and they put it on the optional 3rd a/c. They came back and tried to say that all toy hauler get it on the bed room as that is the main a/c. I told them that the main is in the main living area otherwise you would call it the bedroom a/c. My final argument was where would you put it if I did not order the 3rd a/c. He said on the main and he caught his slip. Nailed it. So that will be switched.
-go power controller flashes b01. They say the controller is bad.
-door lock has jammed shut or has always been hard opening. The whole lock assembly will move and seemed to bind. So they put another screw under the plunger and that seemed better. Well today the code stopped undoing the deadbolt so I called the mfg. said they had some issues with a batch and sounds like ours is there. So they are sending out a whole new one. Well came home today and the deadbolt would not unlock with the key. Had to drill out and lucky to get back in.
-Oh this was fun, missing seal gasket on freezer. Noticed it would get to 15° then up to 45° then back to 14°. Lost steaks and chicken. Samsung was good about getting it fixed but with COVID appointment took 2 weeks. Well they said bad sensor and ice maker. Week later and day before we hit the road full time they put in the new sensor and ice maker. Well drove from Seattle to Phoenix and the feeezer acted same. So Sam set up another appointment 1 week and guy says oh your fan is freezing. So thawed and said there you go. Well duh did same so I called the tech cuz he left me his # and he came back next day. He looked around again and did a measurement and goes, did you get any parts for this fridge? Said no it was instant mfgr. He goes the gasket is missing. He goes we have to order the part and I told him we were on the road in 2 days. So Samsung ordered the part and set up a appointment in SoCal. Problem solved 6 weeks later.
-On the door fender skirt the first screw was done to tight and popped through the material. I thought no biggie it is kind of tucked behind the desk slide. Well changing lanes I see in my mirror something sticking out 90°. Yep pulled two more screws through. Took the rest off and tossed it in the RV.

The last is a question observation. I filled the fresh water up from empty (pulled drain valve). At 58gal monitor said full and over flow at 68 gals. I have a inline water meter on my hose. These are supposedly 95 gal?
2LaneLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LaneLiving View Post
The last is a question observation. I filled the fresh water up from empty (pulled drain valve). At 58gal monitor said full and over flow at 68 gals. I have a inline water meter on my hose. These are supposedly 95 gal?
Yep, 95. I have a flow meter as well so let me try it when I refill and see what I get. Not like they can say that the water heater is taking up the rest. Might be a few days, but I'll try to remember test that.

2021 Riverstone Legacy 42FSKG
2016 RAM 3500 DRW
llamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:54 AM   #23

Does anyone have an update on the shower walls? Ours is pretty bad. I'm mainly concerned that it isn't sealed between the wall and the frame for the door.
gratephul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #24

Seems this is a problem. I know this sounds weird but almost seems to big and it is being squeezed and pops from wall.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamb View Post
Yep, 95. I have a flow meter as well so let me try it when I refill and see what I get. Not like they can say that the water heater is taking up the rest. Might be a few days, but I'll try to remember test that.
Drained the tank and ran through a save-a-drop water meter. Came out just above 58 gallons. Didn't benchmark it to know how accurate they might be.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 07-14-2021, 12:03 AM   #26

Quote:
Drained the tank and ran through a save-a-drop water meter. Came out just above 58 gallons. Didn't benchmark it to know how accurate they might be.
Did you go just to full on the panel, or did you go till the overflow started to drip out? I was 58 gallons when it said full on the panel, at 68 when it started to overflow. Both well shy of 95 gallons.
Old 07-14-2021, 04:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Did you go just to full on the panel, or did you go till the overflow started to drip out? I was 58 gallons when it said full on the panel, at 68 when it started to overflow. Both well shy of 95 gallons.
Empty to water flowing out the overflow.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 07-15-2021, 02:01 AM   #28

What the heck that is like half of the stated capacity.
Old 07-15-2021, 06:52 PM   #29

Quote:
What the heck that is like half of the stated capacity.
Yep and between the dishwasher, clothes washer, showers, I'd be good for boondocking 2-3 days at most before having to tow it back to town.

Luckily I enjoy my AC too much to want to be boondocking much more than that

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 07-16-2021, 06:23 AM   #30

Quote:
Yep and between the dishwasher, clothes washer, showers, I'd be good for boondocking 2-3 days at most before having to tow it back to town.

Luckily I enjoy my AC too much to want to be boondocking much more than that
We are in same boat for sure. Mainly for travel days but still. Come on Riverstone what’s the deal.

Did you order the heat pump option? If you did, which one did they put it on?
Old 07-16-2021, 09:29 AM   #31

I don't have a flow meter, but it sounds like I need to get one. We boondock at least half of the time and it seemed like we were blowing through our water very quickly.

We ordered the heat pump option on both ac's but only got it on the bedroom one. The dealer is supposed to install the other one when we take it in for some other warranty work.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:06 PM   #32

Quote:
We are in same boat for sure. Mainly for travel days but still. Come on Riverstone what’s the deal.

Did you order the heat pump option? If you did, which one did they put it on?
Bedroom AC. Living has the fireplace, and kitchen has the furnace. So makes sense to me. I know others were displeased with it not being on the living AC.

One of the biggest things I miss compared to home heating and cooling is the dual set point thermostat for triggering heating and cooling automatically when outside the comfort zone. I know they've still got auto switchover, but looks like only 1 set point so might get really difficult with 3 zones in such a small space.

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 07-17-2021, 05:08 PM   #33

Voyager camera system

Hello, I am a new owner of a Riverstone 42fskg. I just took it on the maiden voyage this weekend. Would anyone know anything about the Voyager camera system such as does it (or can) the side cameras be activated when using the turn signals? Also, do you have to purchase a 110 to 12 volt converter to use inside to monitor the cameras ( door camera). I contacted Riverstone and they said they converted to the Voyager system from Furrion due to the pandemic. Furrion apparently didn't have the employees to support making enough and they just had to go to something. Please advise!!!!!
RetMpSGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:51 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetMpSGM View Post
Hello, I am a new owner of a Riverstone 42fskg. I just took it on the maiden voyage this weekend. Would anyone know anything about the Voyager camera system such as does it (or can) the side cameras be activated when using the turn signals? Also, do you have to purchase a 110 to 12 volt converter to use inside to monitor the cameras ( door camera). I contacted Riverstone and they said they converted to the Voyager system from Furrion due to the pandemic. Furrion apparently didn't have the employees to support making enough and they just had to go to something. Please advise!!!!!
Was looking at the Voyager website the other day and it seems that they have a 12V hardwire harness that has activation leads for external signals. Voyager Wireless Systems scroll down to part 31100183. Appears to have a hot, ground ,and 2 trigger wires. You'd want to clarify with them. They were responsive from their support page.

As for using it as an observation system, you'd either need to mount a 12V socket to the DC panel of the RV or have some sort of 120 VAC to 12VDC adapter

2016 RAM 3500 DRW
Old 07-17-2021, 10:07 PM   #35

llamb,
Thanks much for the intel, I will check this out and get with the.!
RetMpSGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #36

Just checked my fresh water tank with a flow meter and got the same results. Full at 58 gallons and overflow at 68 gallons. I reached out to the dealer to see what they have to say about it.

I'm going to check the size of the other tanks as well when I have some time.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:40 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratephul View Post
Just checked my fresh water tank with a flow meter and got the same results. Full at 58 gallons and overflow at 68 gallons. I reached out to the dealer to see what they have to say about it.

I'm going to check the size of the other tanks as well when I have some time.
Any response?
Old 08-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratephul View Post
Does anyone have an update on the shower walls? Ours is pretty bad. I'm mainly concerned that it isn't sealed between the wall and the frame for the door.
My 42FSKG is going back to the factory this week to have the shower wall fixed. It has come loose on all sides. Hoping the fix is something that will hold up. I will respond once it is completed.
RVTYME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:59 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTYME View Post
My 42FSKG is going back to the factory this week to have the shower wall fixed. It has come loose on all sides. Hoping the fix is something that will hold up. I will respond once it is completed.
Tell’em mine too!!! When you are there ask them about the fresh tank capacity. We are seeing 68 gal max
Old 08-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #40

Quote:
Any response?
Nope, I'm still waiting for a response....