Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2022, 12:27 AM   #1

SHOWER DRAIN-RS Legacy 39RKFB

We've been in a 2022 Riverstone Legacy 39RKFB 5th wheel for less than a week and the shower is not draining properly. We had a motorhome before this 5th wheel, so were not new to the RV world. The shower has an unusual drain along one of the short sides. I can't figure out how to check if there is an obstruction. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
4Cavaliers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:02 AM   #2

So it is draining but not fast enough? I have an arctic wolf, drain in shower does go slow but it drains. Outside we have 3 drainage levers, 1 blk, 1 galley, 1 grey
Which is new to me as my class a that i had just had 2. blk/grey water.
Did it all of a sudden start draining slow or did it from start? From the start i would think during construction something got in there.
wildmanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:16 AM   #3

Can you get to the drain valve? If so is it a HEP valve, which is what is in our 39MB. the valve is a straight piece with like a sock or rubber boot inside, ours was clogged with sawdust and also bunched up, I washed it out and pulled the boot down but seeing we were near the factory went and got a mew one just incase the original was damaged. 6 years later and all is still good.

I think outside under your front overhang there is an access hole to get to the drain on the passenger side. Good luck and keep us posted/
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 11:50 AM   #4

We had the same problem. We’ve only had our 37FLTH a couple of months and had the same issue bringing the camper home. After using it three times it was like the tank was full.

Lift up the metal tray on each end and set it to the side. In the center of the drain you will find a strainer that is probably plugged with either soap or hair. That is the common cause for the shower not draining.

We have to clean ours frequently to keep it from plugging up. Several people use the shower mushroom to catch the hair in their drains.

The RiverStone board here is not very active, but there is a couple of facebook groups that are. My wife has had alot of questions answered there by a group of very helpful owners.
2021 Forest River Riverstone 37FLTH

mike2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:20 PM   #5

Same as what mike2tall said. We picked up our 383MB Friday and Sunday my wife was banging on the wall saying the shower wouldn't drain. I drained both bath and galley grey tanks, just in case the bath tank was mis-labelled (wouldn't be the first time something was wrong with an RV, right) and it still wasn't draining. Lifted the metal cover and there was just enough hair to hold water back. Even the last RV, an Alpine with a standard drain, didn't take much hair to prevent draining. Let us know if this was the issue or if it was the HEP valve mentioned earlier. I am curious as to what that thing is.
Okanagan bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:55 AM   #6

Here is a link for the HEP valve, really called HEPvO but as always pols shorten the name

https://hepvo.com/
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Cavaliers View Post
We've been in a 2022 Riverstone Legacy 39RKFB 5th wheel for less than a week and the shower is not draining properly. We had a motorhome before this 5th wheel, so were not new to the RV world. The shower has an unusual drain along one of the short sides. I can't figure out how to check if there is an obstruction. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Did you figure it out? We’re looking at a 2022 Riverstone Legacy 39RKFB. Anyone know of issues I should be
Aware of???
Thank you
Knute44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:04 AM   #8

It takes very little hair to cause that shower drain to drain very slowly. Just lift the stainless drain cover and clean the hair. Worked for us!
Dwilkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwilkod View Post
It takes very little hair to cause that shower drain to drain very slowly. Just lift the stainless drain cover and clean the hair. Worked for us!
X2

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, show, shower