Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2017, 10:03 AM   #1

River Stone Web site update

Just letting folks know that River Stone has finally updated their web site with their new floor plans

Riverstone Legacy Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV

RIVERSTONE Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #2

Thanks for posting.
The 39FKTH floorplan looks interesting with the garage under the bedroom it seems, I wonder what axles they put underneath. We've seen a Grand Design that also had the garage under the bedroom but it wasn't in the same league as the RiverStone, not bad though.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #3

I took a look and was surprised at how many new plans there are ! 34SLE is still our top pick.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #4

Unfortunately, some of the information listed on the website is incorrect. For example, the Rivestone 37MRE length (41'3") is listed as being 20 inches shorter than the Riverstone Legacy 38RE (42'11") (both have the same basic floorplan arrangement). That got me excited because I would still like to see a shorter version of the 38RE. I ended up contacting one of the factory sales reps and asked what the difference was between the two, and where the difference in reduced length was with the 37MRE. He replied back to me that both models are actually 42'11" in length from the back to front of pin box. I then asked him whether FR has any plans to make a fifth wheel floorplan <40 feet (outside of the 34SLE floor plan) that would have the raised rear entertainment with storage underneath, and his comment was that they have no further plans for any shorter models. We would really like to see that floor plan in a shorter footprint, since we still like to visit state parks and not be limited only to RV parks.
millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
I took a look and was surprised at how many new plans there are ! 34SLE is still our top pick.
Started looking for a bit shorter Riverstone, ie one that we can get into state and national parks. The 34 SLE looks very interesting, since we were already impressed with the other Riverstone campers we have looked really would like some feedback on this model.

Who has one? Any issues getting into National and state parks? We are going to full timing and traveling across the country and want to get it right the first time.

We just got our new to us tow vehicle, 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually w/373 rear gear so we should be good to go there. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks,

Pete
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #6

The 34SLE is 38' length according to the rep we spoke with. Don't know how it would be in state or ntl parks though. Our current 5er is 37' , which is fine for roominess, and my husband has had no issues maneuvering it at campgrounds. The only drawback I can see on the 34SLE is the island is small and is somewhat limited on storage space especially if you order with the oven.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #7

Quote:
The 34SLE is 38' length according to the rep we spoke with. Don't know how it would be in state or ntl parks though. Our current 5er is 37' , which is fine for roominess, and my husband has had no issues maneuvering it at campgrounds. The only drawback I can see on the 34SLE is the island is small and is somewhat limited on storage space especially if you order with the oven.
Yes I see what you mean about the island, my wife will have an issue with that. Wonder why FR did not make it any larger? We would have just a gas cooktop and order with an RV fridge/freezer as we plan on boondocking a good bit. I guess if the unit is too large for the parks we could find RV resorts near them and stay there.

Thanks,

Pete
Fishrsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #8

Quote:
I measured a 34SLE last year at the factory, going down the assembly line. No ladder installed yet, only pin box installed (ladder gets installed later). With the TrailAir pin box it measured 37 ft, and roughly 36 1/2 ft to the farthest overhang on the nose from the rear cap. 23 ft pin box centerline to wheel centerline.
2 Hobie Inflatable Kayaks
millman75 is offline   Reply With Quote