Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #41
dgibbs1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlnt1900 View Post
Had the Truma installed 2 years ago in our FR 335DS. Absolutely love it. No issues. Use it on economy mode and when I turn hot takes a few seconds for very hot water. Ih that mode it only burns propane when used. Best thing we have done to the coach.
I am guessing from most of the feedback, that it seems you all have the Comfort Plus model with the 2 settings. I don't have that option. It came from the factory with just the Comfort model. You would think that the dealerships would order the top of the line in this area instead of the middle of the road.

2012 Dodge 3500 Cummins Crew Cab 4X4, "Decluttered" and Tuned/2020 Riverstone 39RKFB/2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide CVO.
Summer in Blair,Nebraska.
Winter at home in Azle, TX.
dgibbs1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #42

Truma-Aqua-Go

I had the demand water heater in my 2017 go bad and before it did I would get the temp adjusted and before I could get wet the temperature would go scalding hot literally burning me twice. Then it would go straight cold. Finally it quit working completely. I talked to Forest River and they told me that they were installing the Truma Heaters which are German made in their units now. I had one installed and have not had one minute trouble out of it. I believe that as long as you don’t run out of water or gas that it would stay the same temperature until you do.
Bobcat304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:17 PM   #43

The Truma Aqua Go Comfort is just great. Over 150 days camping with it and no problems. If it’s installed correctly there is no issue with waiting for hot water, and you’ll never run out.

When we trade for a new RV, a unit without a Truma might be a deal breaker.
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:24 PM   #44

Truma AquaGo

We have one in our Riverstone 38RE. We live it. You can shower for as long as you like and then do laundry or dishes without running out. We’ve never had a problem with spurts of cold water or not getting hot water in the first place. Water pressure doesn’t seem to effect it.
Ebbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:12 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterrick View Post
Responding to the comments from G Hollingswort, specifically points 2 and 3. These comments are true for the Truma Comfort model. My comments are regarding the Comfort Plus, which I have. With the Plus model has a very small (1 quart) holding tank that is always kept hot, and the hot water is constantly circulated throughout the system (in Comfort Mode) so you do in fact get instant hot water at every tap. OF course, this takes slightly more propane, but in general, the propane use is negligible, especially when compared to other things that use it such as the furnace, or particularly the generator (if you have a propane version). There is also ECO mode, where the circulating feature is not enabled, in which case there is a wait to get hot water at the taps, no different than with any other type of hot water heater.

If you are getting a Truma, I would recommend that you make sure it is the Comfort Plus model.

Rick
I agree 100%. Had a Girard and love the Truma comfort plus.

2014 Berkshire 390RB
Towing 17 Cadillac XT5 on a flatbed trailer
BuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:45 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
We had a tankless on our unit from the factory. Had trouble getting it to kick on from the getgo

We got CC to switch out the tankless to a 12 gal tank and don't regret having that done.
The post is talking specifically about the Truma tankless water heater which is a great product. Other manufacturers had lots of issues early on. The Truma tankless water heater is superior to any of the tank models.
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:05 AM   #47

Tankless

Own a 2018 Berkshire that came with a Truma tankless and the only problem we have ever had is the rotary switch to turn on seems to be a bit temperamental but all you do is turn to off and turn back to on and she is good to go for the entire camping trip. Seems this is a common issue since when you call then factory tech that’s the first thing they tell you. If they ever get that fixed this thing would have no issues. In short great system and as long as you have running water and gas you got unlimited hot water
hughd033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:06 AM   #48

I have one in my legacy 38c.
Works perfectly.
2 years old now and not a single issue.
Booboo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #49

Truma Aqua-Go

Our 2020 Isata 3 came with the Truma tankless water heater and we love it.

All our previous units have water tanks of various makes and capacities. All worked OK but the Truma is exceptional at providing hot water with little or no lag time.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbs1955 View Post
What is the make and model of your dishwasher??

BOSCH SGE53X55UC/52

The machine was not in stock anywhere in NA and had to be ordered directly from Germany with a 7 week lead time. It was the only model we could find that fit the opening (depth) without having to do major surgery. Don't be fooled by the 46 db sound rating, it is quieter than the Fisher Paykel, it also weighs about the same.

https://www.bosch-home.com/us/suppor.../SGE53X55UC/52
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
The post is talking specifically about the Truma tankless water heater which is a great product. Other manufacturers had lots of issues early on. The Truma tankless water heater is superior to any of the tank models.
I don't recall what brand the tankless was that came with our 2018 36CK2. It may have very well been an Atwood, just know that we couldn't get it to kick in due to low water pressure. Had to take aerators out of faucets in the bathroom to get it to work there at all. And taking a shower was a gamble whether or not you got hot water back if you ever stopped the flow while lathering up.

Probably won't have a problem going to a tankless on the next unit we might get, as long the tankless functions as designed. Sounds like from this thread the Truma Comfort Plus might be the way to go as you will always have hot water at any one of the faucets due to the recirculating flow. Will definitely evaluate what the manufacturer plans on putting in.

At the time we were very very unhappy with the tankless we had and being we had tank heaters in the past, just asked it be replaced under warranty with a 12 gallon one, which they did. It does take a little bit for hot water to reach the faucets that are a little ways from the tank, but once it gets there it is hot and stays hot even when you stop flow momentarily. Whereas with the tankless we had, you would always get cold a little bit after turning the hot back on. It didn't function as intended so we had it replaced.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater