Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2021, 10:16 AM   #1

16.8 winter camping

Been really enjoying our 16.8 since July. Trying to continue heading out throughout this winter but even with the tank heaters on, our water system keeps freezing up. Luckily each time it thaws out in the sun and works again without any cracked fittings. I think it’s the lines running into or out of the pump or the pump itself. Does anyone know where this stuff is located and best way to access? Seems like it’s under the bed platform, front left? I feel like if I could get another heat pad or vent an auxiliary buddy heater towards the pump, the system would stay thawed throughout the cold nights. Thanks for any insight!
Tildenshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #2
2020 NoBo 16.8

Waterr pump location

My 2020 16.8 has the pump in the front road side under the queen bed. You will need to remove a couple of screws from the plywood cover to access. It is next to the water heater. I have not been cold weather camping yet but would think that the water heater should put off enough heat to warm the compartment.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #3

Ok thanks! The water heater does run throughout the night no problem but the heat is not enough to keep everything thawed. I also think the ice is forming at the drain lines poking out underneath the belly pan and then climbing up the lines to the pump. I’ll probably also try to insulate better around all these components.
Tildenshop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, winter